What's new

Match-up Discussion New Sonya on the rise: Mu chart/ discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lol IKR its freaken awesome dude haha. Idk man I just think scarlet isn't as good as people say. She has decent armor and moves but not good enough to beat sonya. Maybe you can play me or MIT next time we are at a tournament.
I would love that more than you know. My MU exp against her is very limited and I am 99% theory fighting here...but against pig in casuals this is a large part of my game plan. I havn't even played Clint since MLG Raleigh...ive been too busy man.

As far as tools go...she has them all. but reads and meter management play a LARGE roll. with the right person behind her she can beat anyone...her worst MU is a 4-6 and thats always winnable in my book...remember I played NW lol.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I would love that more than you know. My MU exp against her is very limited and I am 99% theory fighting here...but against pig in casuals this is a large part of my game plan. I havn't even played Clint since MLG Raleigh...ive been too busy man.

As far as tools go...she has them all. but reads and meter management play a LARGE roll. with the right person behind her she can beat anyone...her worst MU is a 4-6 and thats always winnable in my book...remember I played NW lol.
I think kabal could be 3-7. Gas blasts stop her from throwing any daggers or going into a slide. Skarlet has to armor in or teleport which both can be blocked on reaction time if you see it coming.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think kabal could be 3-7. Gas blasts stop her from throwing any daggers or going into a slide. Skarlet has to armor in or teleport which both can be blocked on reaction time if you see it coming.
against skarlet? possibly. She can armor in but she doesnt have to. She has to get in the same way cage does...but once she is in she has more options with her armor to get more damage, stop ex spin, and build more meter. but the difference between her and cage is that she can also armor in if she has to.

If cage is 3-7 vs kabal then skarlet has it as 4-6 imo...she has it better than cage does in this MU.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
against skarlet? possibly. She can armor in but she doesnt have to. She has to get in the same way cage does...but once she is in she has more options with her armor to get more damage, stop ex spin, and build more meter. but the difference between her and cage is that she can also armor in if she has to.

If cage is 3-7 vs kabal then skarlet has it as 4-6 imo...she has it better than cage does in this MU.
Anytime skarlet stops her dash to do another string kabal can ex ND on reaction. Also skarlets dash isn't as good as cage. Atleast cage and kitana both have good dashes to get in on him. Once she gets a little closer she has to make tiny little dashes until shes close to him.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Anytime skarlet stops her dash to do another string kabal can ex ND on reaction. Also skarlets dash isn't as good as cage. Atleast cage and kitana both have good dashes to get in on him. Once she gets a little closer she has to make tiny little dashes until shes close to him.
her dash may not be as good. but her armor counters all armor. If I read a eh spin by kabal I get a free 40% reset.

i saw someone say that why does cage lose to sonya, care to explain? i need to finish my work haha.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
no one will have to worry once me and you explode on the scene with sonya, we'll show ppl wassup :)
Hell yea. My team right now is JC Sonya and Kabal. I've been playing Kabal little more than JC and sonya. But if I don't rep sonya by WB or whatever tournament will be my next then I'll definitely do some hotel stream matches/MM with her.

Hell yea. My team right now is JC Sonya and Kabal. I've been playing Kabal little more than JC and sonya. But if I don't rep sonya by WB or whatever tournament will be my next then I'll definitely do some hotel stream matches/MM with her.
sounds good, i actually will be going almost all sonya, but since i do know the cast very well, liu cage and reptile will be my characters after her. Then i have my secret weapon scorpion haha and whoever else i choose to play to get a dirty counterpick haha. I feel sonya by herself can win a major, and i plan on doing that. If i dnt go to WB, i'll go to mlg(if mk there)/ NCR(i know cdjr and others coming to this one so it will be very good).

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
sounds good, i actually will be going almost all sonya, but since i do know the cast very well, liu cage and reptile will be my characters after her. Then i have my secret weapon scorpion haha and whoever else i choose to play to get a dirty counterpick haha. I feel sonya by herself can win a major, and i plan on doing that. If i dnt go to WB, i'll go to mlg(if mk there)/ NCR(i know cdjr and others coming to this one so it will be very good).
Whats the possibility of you guys going to WB?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
not too high, unless them income taxes come in,then maybe haha.
Oooh ok I see you. I used some of mine and my mom chipped in for Columbs haha. That would be cool if you guys came. I really hope MLG wil have MK again. Or else I won't be going to that many tournaments except for EVO

Oooh ok I see you. I used some of mine and my mom chipped in for Columbs haha. That would be cool if you guys came. I really hope MLG wil have MK again. Or else I won't be going to that many tournaments except for EVO
yep definitely, got to cross our fingers and hope for the best. If mlg has mk, i'm going to all of them and going to evo. Alright i gtg bro, ttyl.

Somberness

Lights
Skarlet's dash is the exact same as Sonya's, NRS just copied it. :coffee:
I have a quick question. How long does it take for each character to dash to their max dashing distance and if there is, is there a thread about it? It seems like I have to wait longer to hit block in order to dash block again with sonya then I do cage. Almost like they have different startups so to say. Also another thing I kinda lost that one inbox conversation with kabal's NDC pressure on block for ex and regular, can you send me that again because I don't understand the frame data for it.
CURBOLICOUS
Take the cancel advantage on block and subtract the minimum duration of the dash. Use 12 and 17, I tried to get a normal to work on on the 17th frame a million times but it just doesn't work.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Skarlet's dash is the exact same as Sonya's, NRS just copied it. :coffee:
I have a quick question. How long does it take for each character to dash to their max dashing distance and if there is, is there a thread about it? It seems like I have to wait longer to hit block in order to dash block again with sonya then I do cage. Almost like they have different startups so to say. Also another thing I kinda lost that one inbox conversation with kabal's NDC pressure on block for ex and regular, can you send me that again because I don't understand the frame data for it.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Woah! You've been playing Sonya for two weeks and know all of her match ups now! I hope your Sonya is more impressive than the rest of the Vegas crews Sonyas at SCR, because you already promised us once that you were going to show us how broken she was. This match up chart is ass.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Woah! You've been playing Sonya for two weeks and know all of her match ups now! I hope your Sonya is more impressive than the rest of the Vegas crews Sonyas at SCR, because you already promised us once that you were going to show us how broken she was. This match up chart is ass.
Hyyyyypppeeee.

Also, I want to see MortySeinfeld opinion on this

9_Lives

Noob
care to explain? i'm not saying it can't be 7 3, but i just feel that the option selects. armor, and footsies jax has give him some kind of chance. I know even tho cdjr and tyrant dnt beat every sonya the play against with jax, they definitely play it at the highest lvl and sonya has to work for the win.
Wait, so is it 7-3 Jax or 7-3 Sonya on this chart?