What's new

New SF5 footage

Decay

King of the Bill
the art direction generally doesn't change once its been revealed to the public
You're actually kinda wrong. Here's a look at early builds/prototype graphics for Street Fighter 4 before they did a big art direction change for the final product

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/27/looking-back-prototype-and-pre-release-builds-street-fighter-4/

Now, as far as the gameplay speed goes, it looks as if the speed being slow is just an illusion. I mean it looks about the same speed as SF4 but the difference is the amount of frames of animation per move. You'll notice that each normal and special attack is extremely fluid, meaning that the developer (actually not capcom, i believe it's a company called DIMPS) is adding more frames to create that fluid movement. Also, if you watch slow down gameplay, you'll see something MKX isn't even doing, which is a different animation for the end of a normal when it is blocked. There are instances like a roundhouse kick in which a the kick connects and Ryu does a full 360 with his body and the force gets pushed through his opponent. Now when the attack is blocked, the kick stops on Chun Li's arms and his leg recoils back, stopping him from his rotation which is more realistic. MKX cannot do this because NRS subscribes to using the canned target combo animations all the time, so you can do a full target combo on a blocking opponent in MK without the animation changing.
I'm not saying this is good or bad, in fact I fucking love MKX and it gets me a little chubby just thinking about it, but I would like people to understand the differences in animation styles and gameplay which might make people think a game looks faster or slower than another game.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Looks kinda slow.
But damn that Chun Li fireball spam was dope lol.
I think part of the reason it looks especially slow is that the people playing it don't know the game. There's a lot of feeling out ranges and not knowing how to punish going on there.

The fireball spam will hopefully get axed. I know it only lasts so long (though it seems pretty long), but we don't need another

Two fireballs at once is questionable, four is stupid.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It looks like moves have more recovery frames when whiffed (and connecting) and more hitstun/blockstun in general. I think they are moving more towards an MK9 level of frames of animation. Typically a jab in an NRS game is 6 frames whereas SF is 3 frames. This should help open up their animation and gameplay (more frames and more time to animate each punch + more blockstun/recovery = smoother animations but slower gameplay).

axeman87

Noob
For me personally, this was like watching paint dry zzzzzzzzzz.

Especially compared to MKX whick looks like the best fun ever.

MKX has new costumes and variations so it's obviously the better game....lmao. I love MK and can't wait for X but mechanically SF is and has always been superior and i'm pretty sure SFV will be no different.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
MKX has new costumes and variations so it's obviously the better game....lmao. I love MK and can't wait for X but mechanically SF is and has always been superior and i'm pretty sure SFV will be no different.
Way to not argue a point that anybody accually made... Also you have a bowl of noodles on your head...