What's new

New MKX TIER LIST Presented by Team YOMI! (12/03/15)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Except predators armor move can still be used to get through gaps and not every character can consistently stuff it so every time it works he gets a really good amount of damage. And it covers 3/4 of the screen.

Quan Chi's vortex/hard-to-blockables/50/50's that lead into more 50/50's, unbreakable damage, godlike backdash, very strong zoning etc etc make up for the lack of an armor move in spades.

D'Vorah's armor move is not only easy to stuff, it's punishable on block and only does 10.60% on hit. Not to mention her fastest poke is 8f which is just decent. Pressure characters can give her a lot of trouble and there's a lot of pressure characters in this game.

I'm not saying D'Vorah is bad cause she's really good. But a lot of people claim she's broke/top 5 which definitely isn't the case.
I don't think she's broke top 5. I agree she's overrated through the community's eyes.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Damn this tier list is perfect tbh, but once a tier list is made with all the variations for shinnok I will be happy. Impostor is barely upper mid and very matchup dependant, and necromancer is low mid tier. But that doesn't matter, once broken always broken.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
The more I look at this list the more I think "who is going to take the majority of that seriously?!" Their distain for Ermac I think is absurd.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I agree with all of this but Tremor being S tier still gets me. Then again, I don't really know who he would lose too - I just never thought of him on the same level as like Quan or Cassie and the other S tiers

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Can someone explain to me what makes Cassie better than Johnny?

Johnny has:

Better nut punch
Better anti-zoning (ex shadow kick)
Better pressure
Equal zoning
Equal footsies (f3, d4)
Equal damage
Equal 50/50's (Cassie's has easier access to them but are pseudo unsafe without meter. Johnny's are harder to set up but are safe and don't need meter)
Worse jump attacks

I just don't understand the Cassie hype these days. She's good, but I don't get the S tier top 5 talk she still gets to this day.

Very good crowd pleaser tier list (I see nothing particularly controversial about it).

I'm interested to see if/when we can broaden our horizons to more variations getting included in these tier lists. I only play Brood Mother D'vorah so it's sort of like this tier list will never apply to me since it's nowhere near as good as Swarm Queen lol. I'm sure Hat Trick Lao, etc. players feel the same way.
BUt tier lists ARE supposed to be controversial as it allows for others to chime in and not let a select "few" just pinpoint who THEY think are top tier. This is by far the worst tier list I've seen on this site (I know, shoot me now). I just personally don't agree with half of the roster's placement (specifically the ones I main and a few ones I KNOW are placed too high) (exa: Kitana or even Shinnok)).

This list is very accurate, but I'm not sure about a few things. I'm surprised you guys put Kitana as A tier instead of A+, and Kung Jin being A+ instead of A also surprised me. Sub Zero might be S tier with Tom Brady's recent corner tech discovery, but it's too hard to say since we haven't seen it in tournament enough. And if there was an A- tier, I could imagine having Raiden and Goro on it would be about right.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Johnny has:

Better nut punch
Better pressure
Equal zoning
Equal footsies (f3, d4)
Equal damage
Equal 50/50's (Cassie's has easier access to them but are pseudo unsafe without meter. Johnny's are harder to set up but are safe and don't need meter)
Worse jump attacks

I just don't understand the Cassie hype these days. She's good, but I don't get the S tier top 5 talk she still gets to this day.
@SonicFox5000

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Raiden, the old top 5, is lower than takeda,the old bottom 5. I thought balancing the game meant bringing them together to middle tier not swapping positions in the tier list. NRS logic

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Johnny has:

Better nut punch
Better pressure
Equal zoning
Equal footsies (f3, d4)
Equal damage
Worse jump attacks

Johnny has various execution barriers. Cassie, on the other hand, has very few, if any.

Johnny's f+3 is better in this game than in Mortal Kombat 9. An 11 frame long range mid poke that can be whiff canceled and that leads to guaranteed follow ups on block.

TOC EdDoughBoy said:
This is actually pretty good IMO. IDK about tremor in S though. I'd put him in A.
I agree. Tremor is in A tier because he is ABYSMAL.

Belial

Noob
Assume the character is using their best suited variation for a match-up (Example: Hat Trick won't bring Kung Lao down as Tempest covers mostly all, while Aftershock for Tremor will cover many match-ups where Crystalline will fall short)
Why would Tremor switch to crystaline instead of switching to Kung Lao, for example? Changing character is changing character.

Just because NRS chose to call them "variations" instead of giving them names (like something of SF Ruy/Ken/Akuma etc) doesnt mean anything. Its not the name, but what goes by it. People should stop falling to this scam and realize VARIATIONS ARE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER. Any tier list that refuses to treat them as such is pretty much inaccurate. Even more so, if you consider @REO words quoted above.