What's new

New MKX TIER LIST Presented by Team YOMI! (12/03/15)

Crathen

Death is my business
The S tier i pretty much agree with and i would add:

Kotal Kahn
Liu Kang

In A tier there are obviously characters at the bottom of it like:

Kano
Kitana
Scorpion
Maybe Jaqui

I'd move up Ermac and Mileena from B tier to the bottom of A

B Tier

Goro ( arguable )
Kenshi ( with just some better frames he'd be A tier )

Sad Tier

Jason

Imo if the "power level" was balanced around the A tiers , MKX could probably be one of the most balanced 2d games counting the massive variables w variations.

As many problems as I have with MKX, it is a pretty well balanced game. The patches really have helped. Last patch was just a little wonky.

Here's how i would order this tier list by rank-
S Tiers 1. Lao 2. Quan Chi 3. Predator 4. Shinnok 5. Tanya 6. Cassie 7. Tremor

A- 8 Erron B, 9 Liu Kang 10 Jax, 11 D'Vorah 12 Sub Zero 13 Kung Jin 14 Takeda 15 Reptile 16 Sonya 17 Kitana 18 Raiden 19 Kotal Kahn 20 Ferra Torr 21 Johnny Cage 22 Jaqui 23 Scorpion 24 Kano

B 25 Ermac 26 Mileena 27 Goro 28 Kenshi

C 29 Jason

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
@1man3letters
@Superman Rz
@HoneyBee
@Qwark28

Denzell thinks Tremor loses one match up at the highest level, maybe two. He thinks Tremor can hold his own against almost any character in the game.

Because all the characters in A tier are extremely good in their own way and saying one or a select few of them are better than the rest of their tier is a pretty bold statement for this game, IMO.

Like some others have said, MKX is shaping up to be the most balanced NRS game to date. There's a LOT of really good characters.

Jacqui is really good across all of her variations. Ferra / Torr and Kotal Kahn are probably the best designed characters in the game with how great all three of their variations can be.

As far as why Goro is placed so low it's only because of the losing match ups we had down for him which are: Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Predator, Tanya, Kano, etc. I'm sure some of the well established Goro players can chime in on this segment. @Decay @Espio @Mortal Komhat @Alright RyRy
As far as goro losing to quan and shinnok I completely agree but the only other potential bad mu he has is maybe Kung jin cause of Kung jin njp or jip in general but I haven't really played any of the other characters or haven't played the mu's enough

Reactions: REO

Wigy

There it is...
As many problems as I have with MKX, it is a pretty well balanced game. The patches really have helped. Last patch was just a little wonky.
how do you feel about goro's placement.

Really think people exaggerate his weaknesses a bit much.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Yea I agree w this except Ermac needs to be moved up a placement . The s tier is perfect

Also thread monsters gtfo here w early tremor downplaying in this thread, have u guys played Mkx ?

Also poor jason the basement troll
/agreed tremor has alot of dirt he's nasty as hell downplaying hard up in here lol

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah, I think Liu Kang and Tremor should be switched, and there needs to be an A+ tier. Way too many in the A tier to see who's better than who, especially with the alphabetized arrangement.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
There is no defensive character in this game, besides possibly predator, who is good. Mobility and offense are too strong and this means that characters like kitana, kenshi, kano, and shinnok simply can't compete against the true top tiers. Fortunately, shinnok has better offense than those other characters but even then, he has to take more risks than the true top tiers in this game. Most people think a character like kitana is good because of sonic, but in reality, he is massively outplaying people and as of late he has started using her less and less.

TLDR: Shinnok is a defensive character in a game where offense rules.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What I learned from this list...

Buying your character is a good idea? #Jokes :p

Good list. I do think A tier should be split.

No because no one cares about unstoppable jason
He is the ONLY thing I care about in MKX lol.

how do you feel about goro's placement.

Really think people exaggerate his weaknesses a bit much.
Goro on paper is a very solid character. He has everything you could want in a character. So I think he can play the game. However he just gets absolutely decimated in too many match ups. So his low tier placement is proper. However, feel good that he does have some amazing tools, and he can feel great in a lot of matchups.

I think there is an obvious top 5 who are on the cusp of being broke which is:

Quan
Tanya
Tremor
Predator
Kung Lao

And:
Jason
This I think is the crux of the future of MKX right here. I want NRS to "fix" the op characters so others can have more of a chance. I don't think they will though. I can understand why. As long as you play like 10 different characters you are totally fine playing in tournament. So why rock the boat. They are gonna play it safe.

Wigy

There it is...
There is no defensive character in this game, besides possibly predator, who is good. Mobility and offense are too strong and this means that characters like kitana, kenshi, kano, and shinnok simply can't compete against the true top tiers. Fortunately, shinnok has better offense than those other characters but even then, he has to take more risks than the true top tiers in this game. Most people think a character like kitana is good because of sonic, but in reality, he is massively outplaying people and as of late he has started using her less and less.

TLDR: Shinnok is a defensive character in a game where offense rules.
He is the ONLY thing I care about in MKX lol.

Goro on paper is a very solid character. He has everything you could want in a character. So I think he can play the game. However he just gets absolutely decimated in too many match ups. So his low tier placement is proper. However, feel good that he does have some amazing tools, and he can feel great in a lot of matchups.

This I think is the crux of the future of MKX right here. I want NRS to "fix" the op characters so others can have more of a chance. I don't think they will though. I can understand why. As long as you play like 10 different characters you are totally fine playing in tournament. So why rock the boat. They are gonna play it safe.
Out of curiosity how do you feel goro does versus JC?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Having one weakness to make up for still makes for a really good character. Hell Predator and Quan Chi have the same weakness and they are considered better than D'Vorah.
Except predators armor move can still be used to get through gaps and not every character can consistently stuff it so every time it works he gets a really good amount of damage. And it covers 3/4 of the screen.

Quan Chi's vortex/hard-to-blockables/50/50's that lead into more 50/50's, unbreakable damage, godlike backdash, very strong zoning etc etc make up for the lack of an armor move in spades.

D'Vorah's armor move is not only easy to stuff, it's punishable on block and only does 10.60% on hit. Not to mention her fastest poke is 8f which is just decent. Pressure characters can give her a lot of trouble and there's a lot of pressure characters in this game.

I'm not saying D'Vorah is bad cause she's really good. But a lot of people claim she's broke/top 5 which definitely isn't the case.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I know Ermac struggles but I'm not sure he's THAT bad/low...

And I'd probably switch Goro with Jason honestly....

I saw Max play this one Jason online who was tearing him a new one, even he said in the vid this is the best Jason I've played, wish I remembered the guys name all I remember was it was on PSN and the guy was doing 40%+ combos like nobody's business with him...

Haven't really seen any Goro players do that well in general but I've seen some solid Jason's.

Last edited: