What's new

New info from German Gamepro translated?

If true, are you happy with it?

• ya

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • na

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
NEW info added to OP thanks to @kabelfritz and @Mst

MAIN FACTS AND PARTIAL TRANSLATION OF ARTICLE:
(as said, its written kinda weird and easily misunderstandable, its clear they dont really give shit about rock solid info but mix facts and wishful speculation in a manner that it sounds good for people who are not deeply into MK stuff but makes it hard to tell whats fact and whats fiction for people who already gathered every bit of info that is out there. Most of the info in the OP is correct, not sure about everything though)

Characters:

kano is in

"kano will have familiar as well as new stuff, aside from the allrounder there will be a version which focuses on wrestling attacks" it is not known if he will have his eye laser yet. he and raiden were both not playable in their version, but unlike cage/sonya/kang he seems to be officially confirmed to be playable, maybe as exclusive info for this mag.

"Kotal Kahn, who will be revealed to be Shao Kahn's son in the story mode [...]". he seemed sluggish in the beginning but after they warmed up even a bit overpowered.
his home stage is maya oriented (south american jungle)

D'vorah has an acid attack (squishing one of her bugs) which can be charged/delayed (and god help us if cancelled. say hi to kabal.)

boon confirms there will be multiple versions of johnny cage, sonya blade and liu kang in the game, but not in which mode. the whole part goes like this:

"Aging Martial Artists:

As mentioned before, the background strory of MKX will span over multiple decades.
We as players won't only witness, how the offspring of the MK-fighters grow up, but also how the familiar heroes age.
Ed Boon told us in an interview that there will indeed be multiple Versions of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Liu Kang.
Liu Kang? Sure. Let's not lie to ourselves, even though the Shaolin monk hsant been announced yet, the Mortal Komnbat
posterboy will for sure be playable. According to Boon the aged fighters will not just differ look-wise from their younger versions,
but also play a bit different and use moves that none of the other incarnations has. Even though boon doesnt tell how exactly the old fighters
are integrated into the game, we strongy expect them not to be separate characters, but one of the versions in the roster screen.
If the story mode is like in the predecessor, the game gives us a specific character for each chapter - different age
character versions are the smallest of problems here and will for sure be unlocked in the versus-manu after playthrough."

(note by me: the last bit is a lot of speculation and i gotta admit i dont really know much more than before. but the fact that different age versions
also have diferent movesets makes the mentioned chars likely to be playable)

there WILL be (a) guest character(s)

Gameplay:

enhanced moves require strict timing (unlike injustice. i wonder if as tough as mk vs dc)

"it is safe to say there will be stage fatalities. Ed Boon let us know by saying: "We havent announced anything like that yet, but i would be surprised if there were none."."

Misc:

they will try to release the game in germany but only uncut if so (yay)

NRS would like to do something different than fighting games/mk as next project after mkx (not an mk fps though)

A user on MKO by the name of Charybdis claims to have translated new info from germanys gamepro.

Okay, my German is rusty and I may have missed a few things but this is my rough guide to info from this article, thanks to Septillion for the link!

-Next gen power will really push the trademark brutality to new levels
-24 fighters in roster (18 plus the six we know about, not mentioning Raiden)
- Looks like Johnny and Sonya are major players in the story: story is described as 'about' them
-The silhouettes could be characters blacked out
-Sub Zero is not Bi Han: Noob is stressed to still be a separate character. However, its noted KL went Cyber. Seems likely to be a new Sub Zero. Will be answered in story mode
-The idea behind multiple variations is for different incarnations of characters: seems like it will be older-and-younger variations for some
-A lot of info about Cassie's styles, specials and fatality: nothing we dont know/havent seen
-Kotal Kahn is described as a mystical Mayan warrior.
-Kotal Kahn IS SHAO KAHN's SON. The exact translation, as far as I can make it, is 'Kotal Kahn...will prove to be Shao Kahn's son in the story mode'
-Stage fatalities confirmed, natural to MK
-Details on Kotal and D'Vorah's moves
-NRS want to 'seize the moment'
-Details on Raiden's moves
-EVO was a big deal for NRS, determined to be an EVO mainstay
-Ed Boon says: there will be different variations of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Liu Kang. "Is Liu Kang in?" "But of course". So looks like those three are confirmed. "Liu Kang, while not confirmed, is certainly in". Possibility of a mistranslation, either from Boon to German or a flaw in my German but it sounds fairly cut and dry, those three are in and playable
-Boon refused to be drawn on any other characters.
-DLC further confirmed, guest character further confirmed.

SOURCE: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152342&page=12

German Gamepro: http://gamepro.idgshop.de/?websale7=idg&ci=3-2895

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Uh Sounds like his German is really rusty.

A lot of that sounds pretty different from what they have been saying so far.

It is a European magazine though, so who knows if they even talked to anyone at NRS, or just a random European WB Marketing employee.

Sami

Noob
24 characters contradicts previous info as well which is that the char select screen was a mock-up and we'll be getting at least the same amount as MK9 + DLC on top.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm not even sure what to make of all this. Kano being back does make Johnny and Sonya more believable though.

I really just don't know why'd they just slip in Sonya, Liu Kang, and Johnny's reveals. Seems really unlike NRS. Makes this seem a bit suspicious, you know.

A user on MKO by the name of Charybdis claims to have translated new info from germanys gamepro.

Okay, my German is rusty and I may have missed a few things but this is my rough guide to info from this article, thanks to Septillion for the link!

-Next gen power will really push the trademark brutality to new levels
- Looks like Johnny and Sonya are major players in the story: story is described as 'about' them
-The silhouettes could be characters blacked out
-Sub Zero is not Bi Han: Noob is stressed to still be a separate character. However, its noted KL went Cyber. Seems likely to be a new Sub Zero. Will be answered in story mode
-The idea behind multiple variations is for different incarnations of characters: seems like it will be older-and-younger variations for some
-A lot of info about Cassie's styles, specials and fatality: nothing we dont know/havent seen
-Kotal Kahn is described as a mystical Mayan warrior.
-Kotal Kahn IS SHAO KAHN's SON. The exact translation, as far as I can make it, is 'Kotal Kahn...will prove to be Shao Kahn's son in the story mode'
-Stage fatalities confirmed, natural to MK
-Details on Kotal and D'Vorah's moves
-NRS want to 'seize the moment'
-Details on Raiden's moves
-EVO was a big deal for NRS, determined to be an EVO mainstay
-Ed Boon says: there will be different variations of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Liu Kang. "Is Liu Kang in?" "But of course". So looks like those three are confirmed. "Liu Kang, while not confirmed, is certainly in". Possibility of a mistranslation, either from Boon to German or a flaw in my German but it sounds fairly cut and dry, those three are in and playable
-Boon refused to be drawn on any other characters.
-DLC further confirmed, guest character further confirmed.

SOURCE: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152342&page=12

Personally, it doesnt make sense. lol

8 originals...i hate to use these threads to pat myself on the back, but after raiden and sub and scorpion i thought their might be 8 originals.

rhen again, who puts in cassie cage along iwht her parents when you could put in shang or reptile.

Last edited:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
If this is true with no mistranslations NRS once again cannot keep any characters secret. That's four leaked characters, one being zombie Liu. They're only shooting for 24 now.

Fun fact, kotal being shaos son means the other leak is contradicted

could the storyline involve kano against the special forces, the special forces being involved in some sort of interdimensional takeover.

Dark

Noob
Although I don't know any German, I feel like it probably says something more along the lines of being Shao Kahns heir to the throne, or successor. That could probably be mistaken for son... right?

Dark

Noob
By the way.. the guy who made the transcript edited out the 24 character part because he assumes the writer of the article only saw the mock select screen at E3

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If Sonya and Johnny make the cut, would we have a close situation? I wonder how's this going to work with the variation system.

Will it be like Melty Blood where Shiki Tohno, Shiki Nanaya and Shiki Ryougi are almost clones despite already having 3 different variations per character?

These points don't make sense.

"24 fighters in roster"

Boon or someone from NRS said it'd be along the lines of MK 9 (28-29).

Story being "about" Papa and Mama Cage.

No. What would be the point of all these new characters if it was just "about" Papa and Mama Cage? Them being "major players" in the story is almost certain, but it being "about" them would be absurd.

Kotal Kahn related to Shao Kahn.
Again, Boon or someone from NRS have stated that Kotal Kahn has no relation to Shao Kahn. It'd be quite a cop-out to randomly change their minds like that and go all fan-fiction on us like that.

Ed Boon leaking characters like that.
Come on. Really? Boon alludes to characters being in to either troll us or build hype for a reveal, but I highly doubt he'd just out-right confirm characters like that.

if i had the text i could do it... ist released on 6th though and i dont know if i get the e-paper immediately if i buy it now.

These points don't make sense.

"24 fighters in roster"

Boon or someone from NRS said it'd be along the lines of MK 9 (28-29).
this is pretty sure a mistake by the magazine. they saw the 24 Screen and thought it was final. These guys dont know as much as tym even though they have exclusive stuff sometimes.