What's new

New info from German Gamepro translated?

If true, are you happy with it?

• ya

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • na

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Oh shit. In that case then fuck no. Cyborg Sub sucked hard.
He's actually fine IMO, in retrospect.

I like the idea of the Sub-zero clan member going down very carried paths from one another.

One was a huge asshole that went on a grand adventure and then got killed because of bullshit and came back as an evil black wraith with badass shadow powers, the other known SZ was a generally swell fella who meant well and then got killed because of bullshit and came back as an evil-then-good cyber assassin with crazy robot powers.

Maybe this one can become a new god or something else ridiculous.

This is also coming from a guy who thinks the different SZ explanation should be that there is just a fuck-ton of brothers who all practice and perfect the art of cryomancy, with the strongest earning the title of Subzero until defeated.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah but he was kind of Noob's bitch, so that takes off some cool points.

I actually like the switch, which feels weird to say.

I like the saving of human Smoke and Cyberfication Subzero II...

"Is Liu Kang in?" "But of course". So looks like those three are confirmed. "Liu Kang, while not confirmed, is certainly in". Possibility of a mistranslation, either from Boon to German or a flaw in my German but it sounds fairly cut and dry, those three are in and playable
That sounds more like Liu Kang will only be in story mode (I'm guessing a boss fight like Goro). But not an actual playable character. And 24 character slots means no clone characters. The inclusion of Cassie Cage guarantees we won't see JC or Sonya outside of story mode imo. At least I feel like they would be a huge waste of slot lol.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
That sounds more like Liu Kang will only be in story mode. But not an actual playable character. And 24 character slots means no clone characters. The inclusion of Cassie Cage guarantees we won't see JC or Sonya outside of story mode imo. At least I feel like they would be a huge waste of slot lol.
Agree with Cassie Cage we dont really need JC or Sonnya!

loogie

Noob
looks fishy
would be good if we can get hold of the German article and try to give it another go translating it, I got a friend who might be able to help. just post the german thing here or pm me.

That sounds more like Liu Kang will only be in story mode (I'm guessing a boss fight like Goro). But not an actual playable character. And 24 character slots means no clone characters. The inclusion of Cassie Cage guarantees we won't see JC or Sonya outside of story mode imo. At least I feel like they would be a huge waste of slot lol.
Given that she seems to play very, very differently to both of them, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for Johnny and/or Sonya to come back.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm getting weird vibes from this lol.

I don't see the problem with having JC and Sonya in the game along with CC. The variations should separate them all accordingly. Also, JC and Sonya are pretty popular so it's a fan service.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Anyone else find it kind of strange that all of the "revealed" returning cast are the 7 characters from the original Mortal Kombat?

Also...JC, Sonya and Liu Kang might be in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be playable.

Seems like legit info. Boon answered a question in E3 about fatalities on family members so it makes sense that Mr and Mrs Cage are playable characters. Also Liu is almost as popular as Scorpion, SZ and Raiden. Safe to say that all MK1 characters are in MKX.
You mean Shang Too?:rolleyes:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm not even sure what to make of all this. Kano being back does make Johnny and Sonya more believable though.

I really just don't know why'd they just slip in Sonya, Liu Kang, and Johnny's reveals. Seems really unlike NRS. Makes this seem a bit suspicious, you know.
When was it confirmed that Kano was in?!?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm getting weird vibes from this lol.

I don't see the problem with having JC and Sonya in the game along with CC. The variations should separate them all accordingly. Also, JC and Sonya are pretty popular so it's a fan service.
MK is MK because of ninjas and robots and kung fu characters, not some military ho and a hollywood actor. The fan service Cage and Sonya fans should be getting is Cassie Cage and some story cameos IMO and nothing more. If NRS wants to do a fan service they should be bringing back the robots and ninjas, I really don't understand how these boring powerless humans are getting the returning slots over them and I hope this is just the Germans misinterpreting things they may have heard about the game because an MK game with Sonya and Cage as the lead characters is the complete opposite of the darkest MK yet vibe they talked about at E3.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Its so annoying seeing people that think MKX will play the same as MK9. Just look at how Sub and Scorp are in MKX and that should tell you how drastic the change is.

Which brings me to my next point. Why are people so mad that Cage and Sonya may be playable along with Cassie? Who cares about that? Just because they are related, and have similar moves, doesn't mean they will play the same. Look at games like Tekken that have the Mishima Family, Anna & Nina, Kuni and Yoshi(not related but you get the point), Street Fighter with the Shotos, especially Gouken and Akuma, BlazBlue with Jin and Ragna, Soul Calibur with Cassandra and Sophitia, etc. Fighting games always have a playable family in it, or characters who resemble each other, yet they play different from each other. Why cant MKX do that? From what we saw, Cassie only had a NutPunch during her X-Ray, and even if she had it as a special move, most likely it'll have different properties than Cage's.

Damn, its like you guys never played any other fighter but MK9...