What's new

New Fighting Game Themes

They already did one with robots, it's called CyberBots

True but!

What if for the robots/armor... they do something Iron Man, Medabots, Gundam, Saint Seiya & Real Steel.

For eight fighters...
- Artillery Shooter type
- Close Combat Sword type
- Grappler type
- Elemental type (air/water/fire/earth element)
- Healer type
- Ninja Stealth type
- Viral type
- Trapper type
- Ghost type

Last edited:

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I always thought it would be cool to have a music/rhythm based fighting game that came with 4 pads that you can physically punch and kick.

How about a cross-mythology fighting game, featuring Greek, Roman, Norse and other well-known mythologies? Will Anubis be able to keep up with Charon? All that fun stuff between the deities of each respective mythology.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
This may sound a little bizarre, but I would LOVE to see a good Looney Tunes fighting game. I think there is endless potential in that concept.

d3v

SRK
Robots.

I used to love this shitty Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots Arena fighting game on PS1 that was insanely broken. You could play as different bots and then if you did enough damage to certain areas their limbs would fall off and you could equip them to your bot and they would get new attributes/special moves/normals from it.

It would be ass offline competitive, but online it would be fun.
I want a game to take "damage" into consideration

If I break your arm.... you can't use it anymore.
Alot of the ideas here just wouldn't work in a true competitive environment.

Also another X-Men Fighters (so powers but there are like a million games like this) not done by Capcom.
Mutant Academy anyone?
That said, I'd take COTA over that anyday.
There are those Gundam arena-style fighters so you have your Mechas. Terrordrome features iconic horror movie characters.

There needs to be a FG based on zoning. Like, everyone just throws shit or just shoots at each other. Very little to no rushdown. Counter-zoning, maybe. And have it ironic that the few rushdown characters are the top tier, but hard to use.
You should check out early MvC2 then, back when teams like Spiral/Sent/Cable ruled the roost and made you loose just through sheer chip damage by filling the screen with stuff.

Last edited:
Any thoughts of adding a new martial arts-type fighting game like Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat & Dead or Alive? Like say that it'll involve magical tattoos?

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
From fighting games, we've seen...

- martial arts (SF, Tekken, VF, DOA & KoF)
- weapons (SC & Samurai Shodown)
- beasts (Bloody Roar)
- monsters (Darkstalkers)
- kaiju (Primal Rage)

What new fighting game theme would you all wanna see next?
I would want a god fighting game that will have greek gods like poseidon, zeus, apollo etc that will be so hype and they would all be completely different ro each other

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I would want a god fighting game that will have greek gods like poseidon, zeus, apollo etc that will be so hype and they would all be completely different ro each other
It's not a fighter... it's more like third person LoL, but it's gods vs gods. Check out Smite.

How about a demigod fighting game?

And about a fighting game that involves martial artists with tattooed powers? Not marvel & dc kind.

Not so much a new fighting game theme, as much as an underused theme- which is freedom-of-movement combat.

Overgrowth and Jedi Academy for example.

The lightsaber combat in Jedi Academy is actually amazing.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I wanna see regular ass people fighting.

Pabst Blue Ribbon Presents: Civilian Brawler

Have characters from all classes ranging from a stereo type trailer park dude to a rich piece of shit entertainment lawyer. The trailer park guy could have a rat tail and attack with bites and tire irons. He can get buffs from shooting meth.

This would never happen unless it was a small indie game because most publishers and distributors are huge pussies who fear words and boobs.

Since Bloody Roar, hoe about a game where it introduces fighters mutated into chimeric animal-like humanoid mutants? They have three or four animals in their DNA.