What's new

New Fighting Game Themes

From fighting games, we've seen...

- martial arts (SF, Tekken, VF, DOA & KoF)
- weapons (SC & Samurai Shodown)
- beasts (Bloody Roar)
- monsters (Darkstalkers)
- kaiju (Primal Rage)

What new fighting game theme would you all wanna see next?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Robots.

I used to love this shitty Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots Arena fighting game on PS1 that was insanely broken. You could play as different bots and then if you did enough damage to certain areas their limbs would fall off and you could equip them to your bot and they would get new attributes/special moves/normals from it.

It would be ass offline competitive, but online it would be fun.

Also another X-Men Fighters (so powers but there are like a million games like this) not done by Capcom.

If there were new fighting games perhaps an iron man/medabots based fighting game.

The fighters wear iron man-like armor. From technological, biological & mystical types.

The winner wins the opponent's part of weaponry.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
They need to make another Fight Night and really take it to the next level. That game was hype.

Do 10-15 fighters for each division and have celebrity fighters that you normally download in the online section of the game.

I agree that they should bring Def Jam back, seeing your favorite rappers whoop each other ass is mad fun.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
There's this new fighting game I saw on the Wii (dont ask) but it involves Kicking your opponent in the head alot though. It has fighting game aspects but its not your SF or MK. Its called Kick something, when I say something its not the real title its means that the title of the game starts with Kick.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I would love to see games like Primal Rage and Time Killers return. Primal Rage's controls and move schemes were odd but worked and Time Killers had the whole idea that if you amputated an opponents leg or arm they lost that for the fight. I wish a developer would bring back an X-Men FG again there is still much potential for a game like that.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well, you know, I'm studying games tech at university so I might end up making one of these if I choose to :cool:

But personally I'd like a fighting game with something like manipulation of sorcery, so you have this kind of metagame of countering sorcery as well as actual fighting moves. For example maybe I throw out a combo into a fire spell, you'd have to block the combo and then counter it with a water spell etc. That doesn't mean I'm going to make the characters with conical hats with stars and moons on them though or make them carry a magic wand, but they will woolay :DOGE

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There are those Gundam arena-style fighters so you have your Mechas. Terrordrome features iconic horror movie characters.

There needs to be a FG based on zoning. Like, everyone just throws shit or just shoots at each other. Very little to no rushdown. Counter-zoning, maybe. And have it ironic that the few rushdown characters are the top tier, but hard to use.

Reactions: d3v

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There needs to be a FG based on zoning. Like, everyone just throws shit or just shoots at each other. Very little to no rushdown. Counter-zoning, maybe. And have it ironic that the few rushdown characters are the top tier, but hard to use.
No there REALLY doesn't. A game full of just zoning would be boring, never mind everyone legitimately getting to call you a spammer :DOGE

C-Sword

Noob
I think the future will bring us more Anarchy Reigns' style type of fighters.

Namco revealed this new 2 VS 2 fighter yesterday

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
No there REALLY doesn't. A game full of just zoning would be boring, never mind everyone legitimately getting to call you a spammer :DOGE
LOL part of the reason why I'd like it to exist.

"fucking spammer i bet you kiss girls fagot"
"game is based on spamming:DOGE get better at soamming"

I think the future will bring us more Anarchy Reigns' style type of fighters.

Namco revealed this new 2 VS 2 fighter yesterday

Yea, the makers of this made the Gundam arena FGs so this will definitely open new doors to arena FGs.

input

Noob
Classic villains all fighting each other.

Predator, Shredder, ED 209, Pyramid Head, Dr Robotnik, Magneto, etc.
Cool idea. Actually I just checked youtube to see if anyone has worked on an Alien vs Predator fighting game and it looks it's been done in MUGEN. http://ristar87.blogspot.com/2011/11/alien-vs-predator-mugen-by-sergeus.html

I've also thought about a fighter that involves a modern and or post apocalyptic setting with the roster comprising of trained military type killers or gang members like in the movies The Hunted and Cyborg respectively. Something really gritty.