What's new

Tech *New Ermac Discoveries Thread* Ermac Corner Teleport "Backwards Souls" (video)

zaf

professor
good shit definately a good set up for b21f1.

ive see it before but never tried follow ups. like messing up and not jumping but never tried to hit them after this is really something worth using. also reminds me of umk3 ermac lol.

niceeee stuff

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wow thats a 1st one. Storms you are the man. Nicely done. I m gonna start labbing this more so i can use it in the upcoming WGC. Gj m8 ! The corner loop will be much easier to do for everyone now. Really nice find.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I would also like to hear what metzos13 and OneBoxyRobot have to say about this. :)

Hopefully, this proves to be useful
1. Awwwww. I feel all special and shit :D.

2. This just blew my mind and pulled it back into pieces.

Just like Ermac.

This is probably the best Ermac-related find since Krayzie's Almost Vortex/Giant B12F1's in the corner.
You've struck gold, Storms. Red, glowing gold.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Okay guys... I think I may have found something else... well a few things but the main thing, the last thing in the video I'm uploading is the most exciting. I go over a few strategies but I also show you a potentially easier way to make your opponent fear being in the corner... because with this if they're in the corner and you do a full-length TKS (meaning any further from your opponent and it wouldn't connect) I found a way to not only do the B12,F1 combo but also a reset.

Gonna need the opinions of Check OneBoxyRobot metzos13 fr stack Konqrr Ermaculate_Slim zaf Cibernetico as soon as it's up. This could be useful... hopefully.

For the record. I have never seen anyone do this before, so it could be new. You guys decide.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am eagerly waiting to see what you discovered m8.
yeah, I'm anxious to show you guys. Especially, that last part ^...

Video should be up within two hours... I did a lot of talking in this one. Got my fingers crossed

VOR

Noob
you can also do a jumpkick underneath/behind them, after lift, before teleport. My BnB was jip, b114, lift, jumpkick under/behind, teleport, 22, force push- 48%. It can be more reliable than the b12f1 loops and pretty much the same damage, but yes you have to be very close. Ending with the reset is great too.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
you can also do a jumpkick underneath/behind them, after lift, before teleport. My BnB was jip, b114, lift, jumpkick under/behind, teleport, 22, force push- 48%. It can be more reliable than the b12f1 loops and pretty much the same damage, but yes you have to be very close. Ending with the reset is great too.
With what I have in this video.... seemingly makes the corner Ermac's new best friend.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It is already stressful enough when Ermac has you pinned in the corner.

Can't wait to see the vid!

zaf

professor
ill be awaiting, ive also combined something with your tech ill upload

edit: vids are uploading. give it a few.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ok, I finally got a minute to mess around with this. I have found that is is MUCH easier and more reliable to use a different combo if you get in the situation where you land a lift where the backwards teleport would work.

So something like facing the corner 31~lift, ff~jk~tp, ff~b12f1, b12f1, 22~tkp (you go behind them and kick them out of the corner, then the teleport punch hits them back into the corner)

Good find though, for sure. It's always a better idea to end a corner combo still facing the corner.

not going to read through all the posts since i'm lazy, but anyways... i don't think this works unless the opponents back is touching the "wall" or "end" of the stage.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
don't know if i posted this already but anyone do this corner xray. jip,b114tklift,uppercut,b34xray. I think it's the biggest damage combo he can do if anyone knows a bigger one let me know. another good thing about this one is if you accidentally uppercut them off the wall and they go behind you, you can do a quick dash and d4,xray. for still the second hugest combo i've seen.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
not going to read through all the posts since i'm lazy, but anyways... i don't think this works unless the opponents back is touching the "wall" or "end" of the stage.
well u should read at least the first post b/c he even says wht u just said lol!

How many of u agree the hitbox on f1 on b12f1 is to small and needs a small increase in size to make this come slightly easier?

I'm used to doing heavy execution combos from the other fighters I play but it seems to me the hitbox on F2 in tht string is rlly stupidly small and there is no reason for it to be tht small.

zaf

professor
is this really a small hitbox issue, or is it more of an angle issue?
ive never had real problems with this, cuz i know where to line them up for the last hit.
but when i do it, it seems like the character has to be on a diagonal to be hit

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
well u should read at least the first post b/c he even says wht u just said lol!

How many of u agree the hitbox on f1 on b12f1 is to small and needs a small increase in size to make this come slightly easier?

I'm used to doing heavy execution combos from the other fighters I play but it seems to me the hitbox on F2 in tht string is rlly stupidly small and there is no reason for it to be tht small.

You can always guarantee hit confirmation of B12F1 if you use an EX lift instead of a regular. 1 lost bar is nothing for Ermac. He builds meter like a boss. The hitbox is fine. You just need to sacrifice a bar in order to do it all the time. If it was easy to do it without the use of meter then it would be pretty ridiculous in terms of dmg especially before the patch.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
is this really a small hitbox issue, or is it more of an angle issue?
ive never had real problems with this, cuz i know where to line them up for the last hit.
but when i do it, it seems like the character has to be on a diagonal to be hit
Its a height issue.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You can always guarantee hit confirmation of B12F1 if you use an EX lift instead of a regular. 1 lost bar is nothing for Ermac. He builds meter like a boss. The hitbox is fine. You just need to sacrifice a bar in order to do it all the time. If it was easy to do it without the use of meter then it would be pretty ridiculous in terms of dmg especially before the patch.
I can see what ur saying but I mean im not saying give him it a HUGE hitbox just make it bigger than his goddamn fist b/c theres times where hes looks to be at the right height and the f1 will wiff b/c its grazing the top of his thumb and im all like

-_________________________________________________________________-

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can see what ur saying but I mean im not saying give him it a HUGE hitbox just make it bigger than his goddamn fist b/c theres times where hes looks to be at the right height and the f1 will wiff b/c its grazing the top of his thumb and im all like

I think you're right. I <3 B12F1 shenanigans, but I really fucking hate going for the launch and getting a fistfull of whiff.
Zaf's right, though, if you burn the bar, you'll get the hit...it's not the worst use of meter, but it'd be a sexy, sexy day if the damn thing was sized up right.

That being said...that's a big ass face.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

And thats why i m telling you that its not worth it. Just sacrifice a bar. Thats why they designed that string this way when its done in the corner. Cause it would require virtually no effort to do and the reward is great in terms of dmg. Trust me its fine the way it is atm.