What's new

new arcade opening in Austin, TX

beauuuutiful. :D

Makes me wonder if they're going to get a separate cab for umk3 or install umk3 in one of the Jap cabs. Like the cab with the multiple games in one (puzzle fighter, sf alpha 3, darkstalkers, sf2t, etc.) Either way, very good news.

beauuuutiful. :D

Makes me wonder if they're going to get a separate cab for umk3 or install umk3 in one of the Jap cabs. Like the cab with the multiple games in one (puzzle fighter, sf alpha 3, darkstalkers, sf2t, etc.) Either way, very good news.
He said if they got it they were going to put it on one of their American cabs and custom build the button layout.

taken from the aUFO blog:

We’ve got a fun weekend lined up for you arcade-lovers at the end of the month:

aUFO Halloween Party!
Date: Friday, Oct. 31
Time: 8pm-Close
To kick off Halloween this year, which amazingly falls on a Friday, we thought there would be no better way to spend a little time and a few quarters than to play some games. Bring your costumes, let us give you some candy, and play special “Halloween” themed arcade titles for the classically low price of 25 cents.

Street Fighter@UFO
Date: Saturday, Nov. 1st
After recovering from all of that Halloween FUN, we’re going to be back at opening to start prepping for our first tournament. This is what you’ve been waiting for, fellas.

Games: Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Street Fighter IV
Sign-up deadline will be 15 minutes before the beginning of each game.

Format: All games best 2 out of 3 matches, double elimination. Rounds will be set to 2/3.

1:00PM: Sign-ups begin for all three games
2:00PM: Super Street Fighter II Turbo
3:00PM: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
6:00PM: Street Fighter IV

Fans of other fighters and games, don’t fret! We’ve got stuff planned for you too, but we need to space everything out so that we can keep everything running smoothly (and still give you room to walk around the arcade).

We’ll have a few more details fleshed out within the next few days with a link on the main http://www.arcadeufo.com Web page!

**** I'm guessing one of the moderators can post up the tournament on the main forum screen?

plus here's some of the Halloween-themed games. Well, relatively new anyhow.

Ghouls 'n Ghosts (AWESOME!!! :D)
The King of Fighters 2002
Fighter's History Dynamite (Karnov's Revenge)
Blazing Star
The Super Spy

I went to this place tonight. Was there for a few hours playing SF4. Had a few winning streaks with Ken. Spent about 20 dollars. There was a guy there with 40+ wins using Rufus. Rufus looks broken. Nobody could beat this kid using Rufus.

I went to this place tonight. Was there for a few hours playing SF4. Had a few winning streaks with Ken. Spent about 20 dollars. There was a guy there with 40+ wins using Rufus. Rufus looks broken. Nobody could beat this kid using Rufus.
fixed yo :p

yeah I was there last night too, from 11pm-12am. TOO MANY PEOPLE!! So I didn't get to play much of anything. Yeah, Rufus does look like a cheap bastard. Him and his 100- hand slap in mid air, and if you get hit with it in mid-air you can get caught into any of his super specials before you hit the ground. Pretty jacked up.

Yeah I like to be at the arcade during the day (M-F). I get to practice up on sf4 with new characters. I recently got to tryout Abel, and he's a real badass, reminds me of Alex from 3s. I want to try out El Fuerte and see what this guy is all about. Beyond that, fav characters would have to be Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Ryu, and Ken. Zangief is a maybe, I haven't really found out his pressure game yet, but he's pretty sick.

fixed yo :p

yeah I was there last night too, from 11pm-12am. TOO MANY PEOPLE!! So I didn't get to play much of anything. Yeah, Rufus does look like a cheap bastard. Him and his 100- hand slap in mid air, and if you get hit with it in mid-air you can get caught into any of his super specials before you hit the ground. Pretty jacked up.

Yeah I like to be at the arcade during the day (M-F). I get to practice up on sf4 with new characters. I recently got to tryout Abel, and he's a real badass, reminds me of Alex from 3s. I want to try out El Fuerte and see what this guy is all about. Beyond that, fav characters would have to be Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Ryu, and Ken. Zangief is a maybe, I haven't really found out his pressure game yet, but he's pretty sick.
There were a couple good Zangief players there last night. They hit you with the focused attack then go directly into the super and it's all over. I've been playing mostly Ken/Ryu/Akuma. I was there from 11:30pm til like 1:30am. I'll probably go back there next week. Can't go on Friday because I am flying to Denver on that day.

fubarduck

MLG Commentator
Hypothetical question for you guys in Texas:

What is the most desirable PCB revision for UMK3, and why? What would be second-best? Would a less desirable revision be acceptable for competitive play? If not, what are the limiting factors (characters lose the ability to do XX, doesn't have this mode, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hypothetical question for you guys in Texas:

What is the most desirable PCB revision for UMK3, and why? What would be second-best? Would a less desirable revision be acceptable for competitive play? If not, what are the limiting factors (characters lose the ability to do XX, doesn't have this mode, etc).

Thanks in advance!
UMK3 Rv1.2 is the way to go, but Rv1.1 isnt bad for sure. Very little differences.