What's new

new arcade opening in Austin, TX

http://www.arcadeufo.com/

opening sometime this summer, if not by the end of it.

Anyone who lives anywhere near or in Austin, TX, email @ [email protected] and request UMK3 and/or MK2 for the arcade. I was thinking of starting a petition to have everyone here at this site to somehow agree on having either one of these arcade machines appear, especially for competitive/ tournament purposes. Help or ideas on getting this petition started? I would greatly appreciate it.

Its about time for this new arcade, if you ask me. Completely psyched!

Tim Static

Adminerator
http://www.arcadeufo.com/

opening sometime this summer, if not by the end of it.

Anyone who lives anywhere near or in Austin, TX, email @ [email protected] and request UMK3 and/or MK2 for the arcade. I was thinking of starting a petition to have everyone here at this site to somehow agree on having either one of these arcade machines appear, especially for competitive/ tournament purposes. Help or ideas on getting this petition started? I would greatly appreciate it.

Its about time for this new arcade, if you ask me. Completely psyched!

read this:

http://blog.arcadeufo.com/2008/05/21/new-capcom-vs-game-announced-tatsunoko-vs-capcom/

Kaiba

Noob
Open in Dallas instead! If gas wasn't so retarded, I'd drive down there to play some matches whenever this place opened, moreso if you bring in the MKII machine! (better MK game FTW!)

The result

So opening night was last night and it was a very thrilling sight to behold. Here are the list of games that were there:

Vs. Fighting

* Street Fighter IV
* Tekken 6
* Arcana Heart 2 (Temporarily Out of Order)
* Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
* Marvel vs Capcom 2

Classics

* Vs. Super Mario Bros
* Vs. The Goonies
* Donkey Kong
* Ms. Pac-Man

SHMUPS (Shoot-em-ups)

* Espgaluda II
* DoDonPachi (Temporarily has No Sound)
* Senko no Ronde

And many more...

* Initial D v4
* Time Crisis 4 (Temporarily Out of Order)
* Sega UFO Catcher
* In the Groove 2
* Mr. Driller
* Tetris: The GrandMaster
* Metal Slug 6
* Street Fighter II: Anniversary Edition
* Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior)
* Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
* Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara

Neo-Geo 1

* Samurai Showdown II
* The King of Fighters 98
* Garou: Mark of the Wolves
* Prehistoric Isle 2

Neo-Geo 2 (Temporarily has No Sound)

* Magical Drop 3
* Bust-a-Move
* Twinkle Star Sprites
* Windjammers

SFIV and Tekken 6 were $1 a play AND continue. Absolutely worth it, if you ask me. ;) It was just in the nick of time did T6 make the appearance since it was out of order prior to the grand opening. Thankfully.

There were 4 SFIV machines. Each were linked next to the other in 'Linked Matchplay'. It was amazing, plays completely identical to SF2T with exception of EX moves and 2 super specials. The graphics were top notch and beautiful, no complaints at all in general! I got to play as Blanka, Ryu, and Zangief. Freaking awesome game, can't wait to play it again tonight and FOREVER! :)

T6 had only 2 cabs linked back-to-back. It was okay, only I couldn't make any clear judgment in the character aesthetics/ gameplay because of the bastard cheap Asuka "pro" players. My choice of character was King, and a lot of his moves were much different this time around, pretty weird. Except for, of course, the chain grab moves, which I got to pull off in a round. :D Graphics were awesome, and the new characters looked sick as hell, especially Miguel(?). So overall, pretty cool game. I just can't wait to play it again.

So those were the true highlights. I also had the chance to play Vs. Super Mario Bros. and Garou, both were the shit. The only problems I had with the actual place itself is that it was a little too narrow in trying to get around the place. That and I expected a little bit more decoration and atmosphere to add the ArcadeUFO aesthetic. But in do time, it will get better and better. Oh and let's not mention the buffalo anus, goat-cheese rank stench that pierces your nostrils as soon as you walk in. People have got to take showers man!! Maybe they can add the air fresheners to rid of that smell.

Nice shit, through and through. Now all it needs there is some more shooter-a-la-Time-Crisis games, more atmosphere, UMK3, and Killer Instinct. Then I'll probably bring a sleeping bag to live there ;)

From the website itself;

"Check back often for a complete list of current games at aUFO! We will regularly be rotating titles based on demand and personal whims."

Lets get this shit going! UMK3 and Killer Instinct!

I graduated from UT. I'm still in Austin. I heard about this arcade, but haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. I saw that UMK3 wasn't on the list so I lost motivation to check it out.

I sent them an email the other day requesting it. I haven't heard back from them. I somehow overlooked the fact that they have SFIV. That's enough to warrant a visit. I will probably go some time this week or the next to check it out.

Sounds like it's too pretentious to put MK cabs in. Any arcade that advertises itself as a "Japanese" arcade is probably owned by people that hate MK. Still looks awesome though.
Yeah I kind of got the same gut feeling about that as well. But they'll just have to deal with it. MvC2 is such a broken (but good) piece of shit game (like Tekken 6), that UMK3 is no excuse to be put in. Especially if it is in demand. Either way, it'll get them money. Not to mention UMK3 for competitive/ tourney purposes. :)

Yeah I kind of got the same gut feeling about that as well. But they'll just have to deal with it. MvC2 is such a broken (but good) piece of shit game (like Tekken 6), that UMK3 is no excuse to be put in. Especially if it is in demand. Either way, it'll get them money. Not to mention UMK3 for competitive/ tourney purposes. :)
Fighting game elitists can't be reasoned with though. If you go onto SRK and mention UMK 3, most of them will shit all over you. None of them will even give this game a chance. This seems like that kind of place. It's a shame too :(.

hm... we'll see if it makes it in there. If not, I'll definitely speak to the owners of ArcadeUFO in person. Negotiate. :)

Out of boredom, tiredness, and wishful thinking,
I think it would be an amazement to see a brand new arcade in the MK franchise. haha... newly revised MKT on arcade? Eh... just a thought. :-P

Finally got around to checking this place out. It's pretty badass. I played a few rounds of SF4. Got my ass handed to me. I talked to one of the employees and he said the number one requested game was UMK3 and they were on the look out for it. I have high hopes that one day they will get a UMK3 cab.