What's new

NetherRealm scene on fire as question sparks debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
@Cashual and @Cerbero oh my god! I can't believe that I actually have to explain this to you, anyone with a half a brain would know that I meant. But because you're just close minded to understand that I will explain this to, so you can understand:

If you actually read my conversation with Cebero in this thread right from the start, you would notice I mentilned Zoning in MKX and Cebero brought defense ONLY AFTER I brought Zoning into the conversation. Here is my post about Zoning, and then the post from Cebero about defense that he posted after that one:

MKX' main playstyle was Rushdown, but other styles were viable as well, I can tell you from experience. On the same token, IJ2's main playstyle is Zoning, while others were viable as well. Just because other playstyles aren't the main ones that doesn't they aren't viable.
I disagree, zoning in Inj2 is as strong as rushdown. Rushdown is even stronger than defensive play, look at Aquaman was solid defensive char and it was nerfed cause rushdown players couldn’t deal with it.
My point is since rushdown isn’t as brain dead as MKX a lot of players feel like zoning+defensive is too strong but in reality both styles are strong.
On top of that as you can see, Cerbero was the one who mixed defense with Zoning first. When I've talked about Zoning I never meant to refer the Zoning under the matter of defense as if Zoning can only be under the category of Zoning alone. Only after Cerbero replied to me, he add the defense into the conversation. Even later he spoke in a more general fashion about playstyles in addition to Zoning alongside me. And then, and only AFTER that, he added the comment you were referring to:

Which MKX chars had strong defensive tools? which didn’t get mopped by Alien or mixed up by Summoner Quan? I mained Sorcerer/Summoner btw.

Seems to me like you didn’t play the game.
So when I responded to his post, I wasn't referring just to this particular comment, I was referring to what I've said since the very beginning. First I talked about Zoning, regardless if it's for offense for defense, by mentioning Reptile, Quan Chi and the other characters and Variations, and ONLY AFTER that I've talked defense specifically when I was talking about Noxious Reptile and the Variation of Noxious, not Quan Chi. And then I added that I myself beat almost every Alien I've faced and Quan wasn't that much of a problem either, in regards to his question about who can Alien and Quan:

Reptile, Mileena, HQT Predator, Quan Chi, Sektor, Acidic Alien himself all have great Zoning. For defensive specifically, Noxious Reptile is a more balanced Variation between offense and defense. Also Reptile was a good character against Alien and Quan, I myself beat almost every Alien I've faced with my Reptile and Quan wasn't that much of a problem either.
I never meant to say, not even once, that Quan Chi's Zoning was for defense whatsoever, nor I said such a thing about the Zoning of any of the characters and Variations I've mentioned. If you , @Cashual , actually read all of the comments between me and @Cerbero you would know who was mixing stuff up first. If anything, by that logic of yours, @Cashual , you should go after @Cerbero , as he mentioned defense after I've mentioned Zoning in a much more general fashion and not necessarily for defense alone, but you're not gonna go after him, aren't you? Hell, even without reading the previous posts it wasn't that hard to understand what I've meant.

Once again I can't believe for the life of me that I've to explain this to you. You both acting like little children. I'm sorry, but that is the truth, and unfortunately it is a sad truth at that. It's not I don't admit I'm wrong, you just don't understand simple explanations. And if this argument was all a part of ugly trolling, it was too an ugly even for trolls. I'm the one who should ignore you, not the other way around. I'm done with this argument, seriously.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
@Cashual and @Cerbero oh my god! I can't believe that I actually have to explain this to you, anyone with a half a brain would know that I meant. But because you're just close minded to understand that I will explain this to, so you can understand:

If you actually read my conversation with Cebero in this thread right from the start, you would notice I mentilned Zoning in MKX and Cebero brought defense ONLY AFTER I brought Zoning into the conversation. Here is my post about Zoning, and then the post from Cebero about defense that he posted after that one:

On top of that as you can see, Cerbero was the one who mixed defense with Zoning first. When I've talked about Zoning I never meant to refer the Zoning under the matter of defense as if Zoning can only be under the category of Zoning alone. Only after Cerbero replied to me, he add the defense into the conversation. Even later he spoke in a more general fashion about playstyles in addition to Zoning alongside me. And then, and only AFTER that, he added the comment you were referring to:

So when I responded to his post, I wasn't referring just to this particular comment, I was referring to what I've said since the very beginning. First I talked about Zoning, regardless if it's for offense for defense, by mentioning Reptile, Quan Chi and the other characters and Variations, and ONLY AFTER that I've talked defense specifically when I was talking about Noxious Reptile and the Variation of Noxious, not Quan Chi. And then I added that I myself beat almost every Alien I've faced and Quan wasn't that much of a problem either, in regards to his question about who can Alien and Quan:

I never meant to say, not even once, that Quan Chi's Zoning was for defense whatsoever, nor I said such a thing about the Zoning of any of the characters and Variations I've mentioned. If you , @Cashual , actually read all of the comments between me and @Cerbero you would know who was mixing stuff up first. If anything, by that logic of yours, @Cashual , you should go after @Cerbero , as he mentioned defense after I've mentioned Zoning in a much more general fashion and not necessarily for defense alone, but you're not gonna go after him, aren't you? Hell, even without reading the previous posts it wasn't that hard to understand what I've meant.

Once again I can't believe for the life of me that I've to explain this to you. You both acting like little children. I'm sorry, but that is the truth, and unfortunately it is a sad truth at that. It's not I don't admit I'm wrong, you just don't understand simple explanations. And if this argument was all a part of ugly trolling, it was too an ugly even for trolls. I'm the one who should ignore you, not the other way around. I'm done with this argument, seriously.
Nice text wall u got there brah. didn’t even bother lol

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You quoted a post, replied to an explicit question in that post with a list of characters.

If you were replying to a different point or comment made by cerebro, you should have quoted the appropriate post.

It's not on me to read every single post you made in this thread to try and decipher what you "actually" meant. Learn how quoting and replying works.

All you had to say was "I meant to include Quan as a character that had effective zoning in mkx and I quoted the wrong post" and I would've been like, "oh, ok, cool".

The end.

Instead you wrote a novel about nothing.....as usual. Toodles bud.

Roy Arkon

You quoted a post, replied to an explicit question in that post with a list of characters.

If you were replying to a different point or comment made by cerebro, you should have quoted the appropriate post.

It's not on me to read every single post you made in this thread to try and decipher what you "actually" meant. Learn how quoting and replying works.

All you had to say was "I meant to include Quan as a character that had effective zoning in mkx and I quoted the wrong post" and I would've been like, "oh, ok, cool".

The end.

Instead you wrote a novel about nothing.....as usual. Toodles bud.
I didn't meant to replay to a different comment from Cerbero. Just because Cerbero was focusing on defense in particular that doesn't mean the conversation was about just defense from the start or that my mentioning on Zoning had to be only on defense, as I've brought Zoning before he brought defense specifically. He was the one mixing things up first, and I myself gave an answer for defense specifically in addition to my specific part of Zoning. Anyone can understand that. You either trolling or just can't understand simple explanations.

But whatever dude. I'm done.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You quoted a post that said "name characters that have a viable defensive playstyle in mkx" with a list of characters that included Quan Chi....

I nor anyone are mind readers, what don't you get?

You're the densest poster since made of metal and that other very special guy primblood ghost.

Roy Arkon

You quoted a post that said "name characters that have a viable defensive playstyle in mkx" with a list of characters that included Quan Chi....

You're the densest poster since made of metal and that other very special guy primblood ghost.
Whatever man.

Cerbero

Always down for games.

I didn’t even replied to those comments, I read it and didn’t even bother... Quan with strong defensive tools lol... well IAJP was one of the best can’t deny it but still lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If it’s either violence or not violence I choose not violence.
We have enough of that in this planet already.

Problem is people start to see violence as the only solution to all problems.
I said nothing about violence gtfo here

Referencing mean girls = gossip

I don’t gossip, i go right to the source

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Good.

Did you have a private conversation with Ed Boon before blowing him up then?
I haven’t blown him up, he blew me up and i explained why and what i was doing. I think you have the roles reversed.

Also can we be serious here? Ed is creative director for a multi million dollar company. I’m doing 21 national broadcasts a month between 7 networks. None of us have time for bullshit, i tried to create some fun non toxic hype to generate conversation and Ed and Co were deeply offended by it. It’s fucking weird and i don’t have time to fool w it. He has my contact info he can hit me up, eventually I’ll find time to do the same

What Boon did was pretty fucked up but I think Pig is overreacting a little bit. If he stops helping hype this game up Boon won't give a fuck. That will only hurt the competitive FGC and that's not who Boon makes his money off of. He makes most of it off of casual players. So in his eyes, if the hype dies down and a game fades away, that's good for him because he's ready for people to buy the new product he's coming out with. Stay woke people...smh.

I'm a big supporter of both Ed and NRS, but I don't understand the logic here at all.

I'm going to step out there and say that Ed was probably upset at Pig over some tweets from the past, and just let it boil over here, when it's not really warranted.

But this is the kind of hype YOU WANT for your game. And if it's not coming from the office, you should at least support the efforts when people are drumming it up for you.

Free publicity, free clicks, more eyes, more interest. And now the way to really drive this point home is to have them play each other and have everyone see how amaing it actually ends up being.
I've asked this before and I'll ask it again...

From a business standpoint, why would Ed Boon want this kind of hype? He's made almost all the money that he will make off of this game. Why would he want to keep people interested when in about 7 or 8 months it will be time to get consumers to focus on his next product. True, his Twitter post was fucked up. However, I don't see how it's so hard to understand why he posted it. In the end it's all about the almighty dollar.

B W1zZ

Noob
Not according to this dm w all top players
Oh a DM with all top players....so secret, much entitlement, obviously not all top players if you're in it.

Idk man i handle my problems w anyone face first
Oh that's bullshit, by face first you mean you try to bully people but end up blocking them and/or getting them banned from places (like myself) when they punch back.

I don’t gossip, i go right to the source
All you do is gossip and spread bullshit about people.

I haven’t blown him up, he blew me up and i explained why and what i was doing. I think you have the roles reversed.

Also can we be serious here? Ed is creative director for a multi million dollar company. I’m doing 21 national broadcasts a month between 7 networks. None of us have time for bullshit, i tried to create some fun non toxic hype to generate conversation and Ed and Co were deeply offended by it. It’s fucking weird and i don’t have time to fool w it. He has my contact info he can hit me up, eventually I’ll find time to do the same
That's funny you're trying to portray yourself as boon's equal like you are equally important because you think you're some kind of leader of the NRS scene and that people need you. Look dude, Ed Boon is actually smart enough to see through your attention-seeking two faced nonsense, unlike a lot of people in the NRS scene. You need to give it up.

Cerbero

Always down for games.

Then you didn’t handle it face first...

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Quan chi was universally regarded as the least defensive character in the game!!! He was the definition of a glass cannon. Bad/slow armored attacks, and the worst wakeup in the game. In vanilla, even his pokes sucked.

Dude, you post so much, but you're wrong so often it's crazy. And you're so damn stubborn.
to be fair. the only defensive tool Quan lacked was reliable armor. He had the best backdash, excellent reach including a halfscreen 15f overhead, good movespeed two different projectiles one of which was castable from air and the other one plus on block, and he could summon a bat or a portal to get away with even more and control more space. He could be a brick wall to get in on if the player had solid defensive fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.