What's new

"NDC has to come back" or "What mechanics you want back in MKX"

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
With the variation system there are a lot of possibilitites to separate certain aspects of some characters into variations.
For example, nomad dash and NDCs, as a concept, are very well fit together. If a character has only that without good zoning he'll make a perfect rushdown char.
Also other notable move I'd like to see back are Jade's flash and glow, but this time they should avoid any tipe of zoning. Also could be one variation of a character.
Another idea would be a weapon only variation. For example Mileena, if she's in, could have one variation with sai only, dealing more damage because she's using sharp weapons, but less jugle potential. SHe would always have the sais in her hands. And so on.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I only ask for a simple change. I want to tech a throw like just about every other fighter ever. Press throw to tech a throw. The guessing game is unnecessarily stupid in my opinion.

Everything else, I'm 100% cool with. It's their game, they can design however the hell they want. We have to choose whether or not it's worth the $60 (or whatever you pay).

i wonder if you can d1~special like in injustice or if theres a gap like in mk9. i dunno which i would prefer. i thought it was really cheap in injustice first but i got used to it so much i dont really wanna let it go.

I only ask for a simple change. I want to tech a throw like just about every other fighter ever. Press throw to tech a throw. The guessing game is unnecessarily stupid in my opinion.

Everything else, I'm 100% cool with. It's their game, they can design however the hell they want. We have to choose whether or not it's worth the $60 (or whatever you pay).
about this issue, you should read this thread

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ex-throws-50-50s.48384/

its kinda hard to filter the good info, but it explains that now that you can throw from juggles and even meterburn it for a reset, a guessing game on throw techs is necessery otherwise you could just mash tech the whole time youre being juggled, making the new mechanic useless.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

I completely agree. The mix up within teching a throw is beyond absurd.

about this issue, you should read this thread

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ex-throws-50-50s.48384/

its kinda hard to filter the good info, but it explains that now that you can throw from juggles and even meterburn it for a reset, a guessing game on throw techs is necessery otherwise you could just mash tech the whole time youre being juggled, making the new mechanic useless.
Oooooor they could just remove the ability to tech while being juggled and only allow it while not in hitstun.

I want the Telestomp mechanic back in. However it needs priority over normals and special moves. I am fine with it losing to air attacks, like jump back kick, or neutral jump punch full combo etc.

I like being able to have a chance at stopping a potential 50/50 or restand pressure setups, thank you very much. >.>
I wonder if mashing tech throw while being combo'd will be the new thing. Or maybe they will disable your chance to tech a throw if you hit a button while being in a combo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No more dash cancels please, that was annoying. I'm not talking about normal dash into block btw, but Kabal and Reptile dash cancels...

They already confirmed we can't do that again with normal dashes, once you run you commit either keep going or cancel it into a special move.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
i wonder if you can d1~special like in injustice or if theres a gap like in mk9. i dunno which i would prefer. i thought it was really cheap in injustice first but i got used to it so much i dont really wanna let it go.
This is what I'm so curious about. I think you can d1~special though

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
On a more trivial level than most stuff here, but I loved the way characters would wear different costumes in Offline IGAU. I dont know why, but it added so much replay value for me and it made it feel so much more organic.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I want the ability to anti-air with anything back, tired of playing as the biggest character in injustice but not even having a valid anti air without trait.

Want throws to be techable even when you were blocking(it's throw button)

Want the removal of characters that don't depend on meter and always have a breaker...

Remove absolutely ridiculous hurt is moves, if my overheads get ducked in MKX I will cry...

Make it only skip the intro quotes if BOTH people want to because they're awesome.

Make all footsies(d1,d3 and d4) plus on hit and special cancelable.

D1 better connect into certain specials like injustice

Stage fatalities should return

Injustice style chip

It say round 2/3 FIGHT not just round 2/3 then you're off

Hopefully raw MB throw is techable so it's not a free unblockable setup

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm wary about every single character getting a standing reset(Even at the cost of meter,) but it simply cannot be techable mid combo or it will be totally useless.
well unless you have a 50/50 chance to tech like in mk9. its not how i would do it but still a way how it could be balanced.