What's new

NASA will pay you $18,000 to play MKX for 70 days

Would you do this?

• Total voters

Flagg

Noob
Okay just read the terms. Hmm, I'm a pretty active guy goes to gym a lot and plays sports. That would be hard to lose that,but if you could at least keep your mind stimulated it wouldn't be so bad. Its not like you couldn't get back into shape again.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I could've sworn there was an episode on 1000 ways to die where some 16 year old boy (skinny nerdy kid) was gaming straight for a few days straight, maybe a week, and when he got up from his seat he had an instant stroke and died. But the difference there was that the kid wasn't sleeping and even getting up to use the bathroom, he used empty water gallon bottles, ate chips and ordered pizza.. the food was brought to him by his mom, so he didn't even get up for anything.

In all seriousness though, gamers in general really need to be more health conscious about diet, sleep and exercise. It's easy to get into the habit of gorging on greasy foods, staying up late, and having long play marathons with no movement in between game sessions.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I think some people saying yes might not realize how infuriating it would get to not be able to really move around for that period of time. Even if it was fun at first within a week you would be thinking "for fucks sake can I at least walk somewhere?" Might not be as bad for the exercising group though

I think some people saying yes might not realize how infuriating it would get to not be able to really move around for that period of time. Even if it was fun at first within a week you would be thinking "for fucks sake can I at least walk somewhere?"
Exactly.
Might not be as bad for the exercising group though
As I'm sure the study is, I'm curious about that myself. Would the act of not walking around, or doing other exercises you can't do in bed for that time period, cause any future problems?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
As what the article is concerned, in 70 days I can earn these money moving, so I see no point in taking part in their experiment.
But to play MKX for 70 days before release, and get payed? Hell yeah! I wish I played MK9 before release and felt the brokeness that Jade was supposed to be :(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
What would essentially amount to a 6 figure salary (were it year-long) to put your body under some duress from inactivity but otherwise remain relatively unstressed for a couple months, all to help progress mankind's space travel aspirations doesn't sound like an obvious "hell no" to me.

E

Eldriken

It's the
What would essentially amount to a 6 figure salary (were it year-long) to put your body under some duress from inactivity but otherwise remain relatively unstressed for a couple months, all to help progress mankind's space travel aspirations doesn't sound like an obvious "hell no" to me.
It's the muscle atrophy that makes me not want to do it. No thanks.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Can't you do workouts with resistance bands while being in space? It might not put as much resistance on you as gravity would but its a workout right?