What's new

My return to tournaments and Defend the North thoughts

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
a lot of these tournament issues don't even require any extra money or time whatsoever, it's just common sense for people to do it the right way.
Idk man. It might have to start with the venue choice in this case. Sounds like they haven't had enough room at some of these events. This is the second time that I've heard of power issues occurring too, so its probably happened much much more.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Idk man. It might have to start with the venue choice in this case. Sounds like they haven't had enough room at some of these events. This is the second time that I've heard of power issues occurring too, so its probably happened much much more.
Two of the Tournaments that i went too. They were not majors or anything. But they both had the power go out. Luck for use Shock went to work and go things back up and running in only a few minutes. Power outages happen. Considering everything that is going on at the same time. Its just up to the TO and the place where you are holding the tournament to get things up and running again as fast as possible.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Alot of those guys need to sleep in the bath tub tho cause they freakin smell like poo gas(freakzoid reference) lol
I have been to both Magic the gathering and Fighting Game tournaments and so far i think that Magic Players are higher on the Funk level of smell than the FGC

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I have been to both Magic the gathering and Fighting Game tournaments and so far i think that Magic Players are higher on the Funk level of smell than the FGC
Dam Idk bout all that but I've been to a few tournaments and it smelled like a sewage main exploded or something

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
First, I just want to say that that trophy is freaking AMAZING. I wish more TO's would go out of their way in making unique trophies that fit the theme of the game like that. Whoever wins first place there know that I will be jealous. LOL

What I highlighted in red shows true passion and dedication for the players who support events. It shows that you actually CARE and want players to come back to your events. It really makes me wish I could come to KiT but this month for me is tournament city with this upcoming weekend being Apex, and then the following weekend being When Worlds Collide. This tournament will be high on my list for attending next year, though!

The main reason why I know it was definitely something to do with the stream and not my imagination was because I came straight off of casuals into my tournament match. I was already warmed up and had near maximum sync with my mind and the game. You can even ask numerous players who came straight off of casuals into their tournament match on stream like @rev0lver and they will tell you something was definitely up.

I'm also aware of the recent uproar with cronus converters. I've personally never experienced my cronus acting funky or making me drop inputs and I had mine since right before Injustice launched. Maybe it's because I'm using one of the older OG models and the new ones are a little buggy? I don't know. I just know I've used mine in numerous tournaments and play with it all the time and I have yet to have any issues. I'm talking about like 10 months of experience here with this device. But you never know so I'll just leave it at that.

Nah. It's just three hours to get there, and three hours to get home. It involves driving, taking train, walking, and subway, and then more walking. Rinse and repeat every day.

That's one of the absolute worst ways to grow your scene. You don't just tell players to stop coming when they aren't satisfied. You're supposed to listen to why they aren't satisfied and work on making it better for next time. That's like someone just opening a new bagel shop and advertising their place like they make some of the best seasoned and gourmet bagels around (think of this like the "we're a major card" used for DFT). You go on and taste their bagels and they aren't good. If you as the business owner were to tell customers to just "don't come here and eat then bro", your place would run out of business. And yes, I will be outside telling nearby people that this place's bagels suck while whining as I finish my last bite of this stale, sloppy, and brittle bagel.

Ah, I get it now. But that's because PL IS a complainer and usually whines about a certain character in almost every tournament. Anyone who knows him well knows this is usually true. How many times have we heard Kabal is not that good when he loses with him in MK9? Or countless other silly things he has said that I would rather not break into my memory banks for. Of course they are going to think he's trying to make excuses or tearing about some new broken character or tactic because THAT'S USUALLY WHAT HE DOES. LOL. I really don't want to get further into this because it's completely off topic and I just don't want to waste energy on it.

But I will say this, @Perfect Legend, if this "double standard" you created for yourself bothers you that much then just stop complaining about characters and in-game shit for a couple of years and you will gradually lose your title as a "sore loser".

Or you can just stop caring what others think. Either works.
Going around telling everyone this bagel shop SUCKS and was a waste of your time and hating on it isn't great either bro. Be constructive. You don't have to be juiced about your experience to state your frustrations without whining. That's all I'm trying to say.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I haven't gotten my money's worth since mlg. I'm so glad I passed up on this; i can do so much more with my weekend than give these bandits my $40-50. I don't ever plan on going to one again, but rather support the smaller events that actually give a shit instead.

Every time there's a major around here just know that I'll be throwing a house party/tournament for free, with blackjack and hookers. And you're all invited.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
@SwiftTomHanks and @RapZiLLa54 are the future of tournaments!!!
NRS major?
I've wanted to do this for a while now. I've always thought that we can and should just exist on our own. It filters some of the shit from the crowd, the smelly ones anyway; we have to be self sufficent anyway when at majors.

Once I get fgc motivated again I might try to get the ball rolling on this again. It was crushed in incubation last time, but who knows...