What's new

MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
Shinnok:

Necromancer
- D,B+4 hand summon has better tracking on ground and catches people trying to run.

Kenshi:

Balanced
- Enhanced Teleflurry way safer on block.

Kenjutsu
- Normal overhead special attack safe on block.
Kotal Kahn:

Sun God
- Sun Ray has a bigger radius, lasts longer, and has way better recovery.

Blood God
- Defensive Totem makes Kotal take no chip damage on block.

- Damage Totem makes Kotal Khan do increased chip damage up to 3x on block.

- Vampiric Totem gives Kotal one layer of armor.

Mileena:

Ethereal
- Enhanced ethereal teleports have armor.

Piercing
- Low sai is now plus on hit up close.

Ravenous
- New enhanced d,b+3 pounce that has one hit of armor for one bar.

Kitana:

Mournful
- Neutral jump punch uses staff kinda like Kung Jin.

Assassin
- Sharpen makes fan projectiles hit mid while active.

Royal Storm
- Can cancel into float after unique 2,4,4 string (at both kicks).

Sub-Zero:

Cryomancer
- F+4,2,1+3 is now plus on hit.

- Air hammer now hits overhead and then low.

Takeda:

Lasher
- d+f+1 unique normal has way better cancel advantage to make Kunai linked after it almost like a true block string.

Liu Kang:

Flame Fists
- All windmill punch hits don't whiff on an opponent crouching anymore.

Dualist
- New enhanced heal that heals health twice as fast for one bar.

Kung Lao:

Hat Trick
- Enhanced hat call back has armor now and the hat has projectile immunity during travel.

- Hat call back can be done during teleport.

Kano:

Commando
- Choke is now safe on block.

Ferra / Torr:

Ruthless
- Pain and Gain can be stacked up to four or five times now.

Make your predictions or post your wish list for the next patch. GO.

A brand new stage or two would seriously be hype
Honestly, if they just implemented the changes M2Dave recommended the game would get noticeably better.

Blocker breaker is 100% useless, there's no defending it as it is now.

I dont know what they will do, but heres my wishlist

Raiden f12 is at least -5 on block

Jason frame data needs reworked. Hes one of the worst characters in the game, which is very disappointing as a friday the 13th fan since i was a kid

Kotal Kahn blood god and sun god need something to make them a viable option is any situation at all. They currently suck ass very bad.

takeda - give a poke faster than 11 frames and faster armour so you can get out of pressure due to a lot of cast overwhelming him and corner infinites.

liu kang - give faster poke as no point in poking as fastest mid move is the same speed at 9 frames.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Unbreakable definietely needs some buffs.
I'm sick of doing back 2 hat spin or forward 2 fake f23 to a be but getting punished on fake f23 can we have a low starter for KL I mean out of all characters look at KJ he has like 15047373729 low or overhead combos into combos same with Raiden and many more can KL just get a low starter move to be able to be competitive please NRS do something all your top tier characters have 50 50 even JAX like really JAX has 50 50 its unreal out of all people and now Shinnok let's go NRS give kung Lao his low starter
Lol, you are freaking insane.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I'm sick of doing back 2 hat spin or forward 2 fake f23 to a be but getting punished on fake f23 can we have a low starter for KL I mean out of all characters look at KJ he has like 15047373729 low or overhead combos into combos same with Raiden and many more can KL just get a low starter move to be able to be competitive please NRS do something all your top tier characters have 50 50 even JAX like really JAX has 50 50 its unreal out of all people and now Shinnok let's go NRS give kung Lao his low starter
Throw them. They stop blocking.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Why does everyone want cyber Kanos knives to hit high?

This is why characters like Kano in MK9 turned to shit because people can't deal with certain tools.

Also people saying Jackies guns need more recovery. There's nothing wrong with them right now.

Learn to block and run cancel.

REYTHEGREAT

I want Kotal Kahn to throw his weapon faster (war god) to compete against other projectile based characters. Make his f2 faster and safe. Also give him a teleport lol. He has one in the story and during his character intro, so wtf.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I want Kotal Kahn to throw his weapon faster (war god) to compete against other projectile based characters. Make his f2 faster and safe. Also give him a teleport lol. He has one in the story and during his character intro, so wtf.
You have the EX throw if you want it to be faster. Also f2 safe, lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
NO NO NO NO NO

NO

NO

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
nerf fucking jumping
make it so you can't go in the air if you're -5 or more
that's one of my biggest gripes with this game that fucking idiots and just spam njp all day when they're slightly negative and just get bopped

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Go away.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
The option select is one of the dumbest brokest things in any figthing game. i was clearly being completely sarcastic with every singe thing i said. You my friend cant sense sarcasm to save your life. God Bless your soul my beautiful child i wish you only the best. Dummy.
Jax has an option select on his b2 overhead and it makes the normal worse and unsafe :(

Bender

Raiden- F1 is now a high.
F1 is now 9 frames.
F1,2 is now -8.
F1,2,b2 is now -12
Shocker is now -15
All lightning string build less meter and have no pushback
Lightning can no longer be canceled
Lol don't make his F12 that garbage. Just a high and slightly more negative and/or less pushback.

Bender

I like this idea far more than nerfs.
I dislike it. The characters that lack a 6-7 frame attack are built that way for a reason. they have other parts of their game that are amazing and the tradeoff is poor normals (i.e. Quan and Takeda). Might as well give every character a meterless vortex by that logic...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@NRF CharlieMurphy

Got some data for you:

MIleena has one non-negative normal. F3 which starts up in 32 frames. Her fastest normal is 9 frames (not counting uppercut which is 7).

Kenshi has a few non-negative normals 1, F3, 4, B4 which start up respectively 10,11,10,17. His fastest normal is D1 at 8 frames (also not counting his uppercut at 7 frames).

Mileena's safest special cancel is sai which is a high that is -11.

Kenshi's is a mid that hits -9 or an overhead that hits -10.

Mileena has a great safe combo in 123 which is +0 on block, confirmable, and 13 frames of startup. Interestingly, this is literally her only non-negative combo not counting F3 combos. Why am I not counting F3? Because it has 32 frames of start-up which is so slow that the computer on the easiest difficulty can punish it (note: I said punish... not block).

Kenshi's safest combo is 421 or 441 which are +0 on block, confirmable, and 10 frames of startup.

And it goes without saying that Kenshi out ranges Mileena. I believe their damages are similar in terms of spending 1 meter (though I'm not certain). If it matters, I used piercing and Kenjitsu. I did eyeball the other variations, but for the most part the data is well within 'close enough'.

The tl;dr is that if Kenshi has shitty frames, so too does MIleena.

If you'd like to talk about how there is generally no reasons to block low vs Mileena outside of two strings (neither of which are confirmable on the low hit), I've got data for that too.
It's not this simple whatsoever

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I dislike it. The characters that lack a 6-7 frame attack are built that way for a reason. they have other parts of their game that are amazing and the tradeoff is poor normals (i.e. Quan and Takeda). Might as well give every character a meterless vortex by that logic...
kitana would like a word with you