What's new

My perspective of being the most hated MK player and how I look at it

Medina4life

Media Master
REO , fuck the trolls man. You will never be able to please everyone and I am glad you realize that. When you do that well, there will always be people jealous of your accomplishments and criticize you for it. Keep doing what you do. You just won the most stacked major to date. What an amazing accomplishment. You don't get that kind of victory just because. You are one of the most consistent tournament players, always getting better and better each and every time I see you. Major props to your abilities, I wish I was 1/4 as talented as you are. Sorry I wasn't as energetic as I should have been during your top 8 matches. I was going nuts when I reviewed them at home. Can't wait to see the EVO run back with Perfect Legend at MLG. Good luck to you and keep on showing your talent to the world.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol, trolls...99% of them think they're good at it when they're ass trolls. They just look dumb...hence why you just ignore them. XD

I'm surprised I don't have anyone trying to troll me.

LEGEND

YES!
well this thread was a good read, retarded comments/rage and all

for real though, nobody is more hated than Tom Brady.
Altair Beats out Curbo as most hated online "Player". Curbo is just a kid, i don't give a shit what spews out his mouth

i don't think there are any players that I really hate anymore, M2dave seems like a clueless asshole sometimes when he posts but i don't know him so whatever.

Anyway, Best of luck REO. Keep on winning

Reactions: REO

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Well Reo, I'm a nobody, but your performance with Mileena at EVO really inspired me to get better with the character and learn a few new tricks along the way, and I'm greatful for that. And I'm pretty sure when I first saw your Kabal's NDCs my jaw dropped. Not because I thought it was cheap, but because of the sheer amount of precision I knew must be involved to do something like that consistantly, it was incredible.

You're an amazing player and, from what I hear, a great guy. Keep doin' you, and let the haters hate :)

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I don't understand why anyone would hate on Reo..let me compare two players on the trolltalk/skill spectrum
Reo: Amazing player, Doesn't make excuses/bitch/whine about characters, He wins. He is a gdlk robot.
Brady: ..........he defiantly has a mouth...
People will hate on you if you give them a reason. don't talk shit if you can't receive shit talk.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reo I bet everyone is regretting every word they have said at this point. I personally have been looking to you since I picked this game up as a reference on how to play (along with two or three other players whom I really respect). I have went through a lot of said hate myself so I know the deal, and quite frankly people don't understand WHY I do the things I do, or play the characters I play and I have my reasons. This post makes me feel better about all of that haha, and honestly I was motivated to fix myself up after FR, but now I am even more motivated. Great stuff as always and thanks!

PonyLove

Noob
I've always enjoyed your matches, Reo. Your tactics are the perfect example of shedding the stupid rules that weigh other players down. If you are not doing everything you can, within the actual rules of the game, to win when playing competitively, then you are not playing MK9, but some made up version with made up rules.

I play on Xbox, but use a hitbox. It didn't instantly make me a smarter player, but over time allowed me to use less of my attention on execution, and more of it on tactics for the match. Because of that, I have been able to improve as a player, and at this point wouldn't want to play on any other controller. I think you should keep on keeping on and continue to lead through excellence.

Anyone that plays competitive games with the desire to win should read the article linked below. I don't know if Reo has read it, but he demonstrates it perfectly.
Playing to Win - David Sirlin
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/beginners-guide.html

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
REO I havent met any haters on my end yet, but now I will know what to do when they come along. Your a hell of a player and GGs at Final Round. Looking forward to playing ya again.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
THREAD CLEANED!

Stay on topic, let's not make this about something it's not. Anymore attempts to derail this thread will be handled swiftly!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I always root against REO. Why? Because HE WINS SO MUCH. A lot of us dont really hate you, it is just that we like to see unfamiliar faces win every once in a while. I only really dislike one or two members on here but that is because of the way they post, I still respect them as good players. Unless you are trolled as much as Tom, you really have nothing to worry about.

Like everyone else said, the people who get trolled the most are usually the best players as well.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I know how you feel. A lot of players think me making top 8 @evo was fraud until they fight me. Plz don't drop that gdlk kabal b4 I get a chance to fight him. Always do what you got to do to win. Haters just gettin mad they can't make top 8 at any tournies. Doin big combos with kabal is extremely hard. Doin iafb with kabal is not that easy to do consistently. Why would anybody hate on you for beating cd jr jax with jc when some of them probably couldn't get a round. Stay kaballin on these haters reo!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Great post man. Since that first time at VSM where you were the first person I ever played and I got bodied for about 2 hours you've always been my mk standard.

You've always helped me with Matchup experience and any questions I had. After I lost to Kevo da Man at final round you broke down the entire Reptile Kabal Matchup for me.

Every tournament you've been in I've always been pulling for you so Im glad you've stuck through all the bullshit and jumped out of my seat when you took FR.

REO! REO! REO!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk