What's new

My other question regarding Injustice...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Are more games subject to be made or just this one? Well there be Injustice II for example..? Too soon to tell, I know.. but I was curious when them saying a "totally new franchise.."

side note: naps are awesome.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm really hoping this game breaks the ice of the fighting game genre... I am very hyped for this.. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
What do you mean by breaks the ice of the genre?
just with how different it is(?) I guess I meant...

stages and environments playing a huge role in the righting, etc... just seems like you can "take the fight further" with this game

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
just with how different it is(?) I guess I meant...

stages and environments playing a huge role in the righting, etc... just seems like you can "take the fight further" with this game
Ah I see what you mean, and I hope so too. Fighting games are defined in a terribly closed minded way. I hope NRS pulls off another miracle :D

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
If environments affect gameplay there WILL be stage counter picks... Unless we have random select stages..

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I hope we have the option of disabling environmental factors even if it turns out to be well balanced (which I doubt).
I still have some hope that the environmental factors could somehow be balanced... I don't know how, I just do.

steelslither

XBL : STEELSLITHER
No environmental hazards would mean that some characters wouldn't be as well as they would usually be. Same goes for having "neutral" stages. This is all an assumption though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
No environmental hazards would mean that some characters wouldn't be as well as they would usually be. Same goes for having "neutral" stages. This is all an assumption though.
Yeah different tiers depending on the environment factors (or lack thereof).

I still have some hope that the environmental factors could somehow be balanced... I don't know how, I just do.

I think it'll be pretty hard to balance especially since some characters will be much better depending on their positioning on any given stage.. For this reason alone I think they should have the "option" of disabling them. "Option" is the key word as this leaves the choice up to us on whether we want to use them or not.

If it turns out to be really good, then we'll have a deeper fighting game in terms of positioning. No more gauging your position just based on how klose you are to the korner but environmental factors as well.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think it'll be pretty hard to balance especially since some characters will be much better depending on their positioning on any given stage.. For this reason alone I think they should have the "option" of disabling them. "Option" is the key word as this leaves the choice up to us on whether we want to use them or not.
That's my #1 concern with this game. Honestly it would look like a great game without it, this just makes it a very risky prospect.

But if it can work, then great.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
That's my #1 concern with this game. Honestly it would look like a great game without it, this just makes it a very risky prospect.

But if it can work, then great.
I'm very hype for this game and I actually would not be but, there are two great reasons I am...

1. Ed has mentioned numerous times about directly this game for Evo tournaments
2. Tournament players testing it
Oh, and the 3rd... hehe, 2D!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I really wanna know what the super meter is gonna be like...

we will have enhanced moves? Or maybe you can only trigger something environmental with a bar of meter...

Reedoms

Noob
I really wanna know what the super meter is gonna be like...

we will have enhanced moves? Or maybe you can only trigger something environmental with a bar of meter...
I saw a breaker at some point during the G4 video when Flash was fighting Harley so we can only assume that they are bringing back EX-Moves and having X-Ray's just be "Supers" where they do a pretty intense move like when Superman punched Grundy into space.