What's new

My Injustice predictions a year from now

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't see why Doomsday will move down to mid tier unless nerfed.

All people seem to be able to use as reasons for why DD isn't good is because he's gimmicky, but what happens when DD players level up and stop being gimmicky and use DD's actual strengths? Frametraps, high priority normals (including air splash), ambiguous crossups with spalsh on hard knockdowns, hitconfirmable shoulder charge, etc. When Doomsday rams you into the corner and traits, what options exactly do you have? Can't wakeup attack, can't pushblock. D1? D1 gets blown up by his overhead. Also his damage is not low. easy 30% combos with hard wall carry is not bad for what Doomsday is, in fact, i think it's on the high side, to be honest.

What's bad about this character? Doesn't the fact people have had to spend so much time coming up with ways to fight against him suggest he's actually pretty good?

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
I initially mained doomsday, and went on a tear with him , but even that I instantly knew that once the game progress he will get fucked up . That's why I moved on and got myself a new main. Still have me some doomsday on as a second, he is just too fun

Im curious about what you think of Green Arrow? Chris G has had a lot of success with him, think he is that good of a character right not?

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Wonder Woman will replace Doomsday.
I want to believe that. WW is a lot like Superman in she has a tool for pretty much anything. IMO she is a lesser version of Superman though.

Wonder Woman pros:

- Air Dash: Screen and air control plus leads to overhead combo starters
- Demigoddess Might: Screen and air control, shuts down most air zoners like Superman, Hawk Girl and great for IA mind games and keeping people honest
- Lasso Grab: for the buff and extra combo damage
- Bracelets of Submission: Once you get the timing down the buff is great and up close leads to big damage combos
- MB Tiara: Great for pulling people into combos with the MB version
- B23: Overhead high damage string with great range, just Godlike
- D3: Kitana reach low knockdown
- Anti Air: D2 is a really good AA that leads to full combo
- Combo Damage: 40%+ BNB's from b113, b11 and 33
- Decent high/low game: With Air Dash and 33 WW can bet big damage from overhead or low starters.
- Shield Stance: Reduces chip damage, mind games (B21, B23) D1 poke +7 frame advantage on block and corner pressure (40%+ juggles in corner)

Wonder Woman Cons

Demigodess Might: Full combo if you miss your target
Lasso Spin: Just a horrible move all together (slow startup, small hitbox, long recovery) that leads to full combos if missed
Tiara: Horrible reach and long recovery if not MB
Air Tiara: Bad zoning tool that leads to full combo if missed
Wake up: No great wake up attack
Shield Stance: Slow moving, removes air dash and Demigoddess Might, no real combo potential outside of corner.
Zoning: Against characters like DS who can take your air control she has no zoning game.
Super: Horrible Super! has very limited reach and is much slower than some other Super's.

Superman Pros

Air Dash: see Wonder Woman
Zoning: Heat Vision and Air Heat Vision are good full screen zoning tools against characters who don't have zoning tools (Catwoman, Bane, Grundy etc)
Heat Vision: great damage zoning tool that also has huge chip damage.
MB Air Heat Vision: Overhead special that pushes opponent back
MB Flying Punch: Full screen overhead special (3 hits). Great for getting opponent in corner.
MB Freeze Breath: Amazing special that leads to big damage when used in combos
Low Scoop: Good starter if you can read your opponent. Decent damage combos when used as a starter. Good damage when used after BNB's.
Super Breath: IMO best combo ender for Superman as it pushes your opponent full screen and keeps them in the corner.
Rising Grab: great AA attack to keep people honest. It is really fast and has good damage since you can add Air Heat Vision to the end of the throw. Plus it can be used to keep your opponent in the corner. Also a good wakeup attack that can change the tide of a battle by placing your opponent in the corner.
High/Low Mixup: Superman can combo from 11, 111, 223, F2D1, F23, Low Scoop etc. He has a huge selection of overhead and low combos that keep your opponent guessing.
F23: IMO the best string in the game as it has insane reach, is incredibly fast and leaves you + on block when you add in Super Breath
DF3: Long reaching low knockdown that goes under some projectiles.
Breath (Plus it leads to big damage combos)
Corner Pressure & Damage: This is why his push back attacks, specials and juggles are so important. You can hit 50%+ damage combos in the corner with a single MB from 11, 111, 223, f2d1, or F23. (Example 223, 3, Freeze Breath, Heat Vision, F2D1, 3, Low Scoop, 3 Super Breath = 56%?)
Trait: One of the best traits in the game. In the corner this trait can lead to 70%+ damage combos and completely blows up armored characters like Grundy, Doomsday, Bane etc.
Super: Easily the best and fastest Super in the game. Plus it has respectable damage and goes fullscreen before you can blink. Did I mention it is also armored and punishes EVERYTHING!

Superman Cons

Air Heat Vision: If you get reckless with this special you'll eat a full combo due to the recovery time when in the air.
Combo Damage without MB: Superman has to have some weaknesses! His midscreen combo damage without using a MB special such as Freeze Breath is not nearly as high as characters like Wonder Woman. This is a sacrifice he has to have though to keep him balanced.

I know I missed some stuff so don't bash me, I just woke up! IMO Wonder Woman can be high Tier but like REO stated, Superman is just better and so much safer as of right now. He has very minor weaknesses compared to most of the cast. I also agree with REO when he says Superman could be the best character in the game. Will this lead to Superman getting a few nerfs and dropping down the chart? Possibly but he just has so many tools that even nerfs wont affect him that much.

I'm curious to what @REO thinks about Wonder Woman.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I cant see doomsday going down at all.
Once players actually get better with him and rely less on gimmicks, its only gonna get worst for everyone else.
But opinions are so biased. It's like picking who will be top 8 at an MK tourny...no one is ever right.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I hope the game is still alive and well in one year.. With the new generation coming around the corner (this holiday season) I have my doubts.. All it will take is a competent fighter on next gen and you can kiss IGAU goodbye :(

doomsday's splash wasnt that special at all, there must be a lot of other moves in the game with a shadow hitbox like that. becoming the new nightwolf might be a bit of an exaggeration though.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Thank you, based REO. Your thoughts about Doomsday are exactly as mine. DD confirmed for Dan-tier if we do nothing.

I predict a year from now people will actually use MBDC(meter burn dash cancel) to go through and punish interactables and projectiles...

....and the pig is S++++ tier Kenshi Kappa test.jpg

Sasuga

Noob
I feel Shazam and Green Lantern (if not alreay high-tier) will become more of a threat over time. 100% agree on Flash.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Agree with everything REO said. Especially about The Flash, Superman, and Doomsday.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I want to believe that. WW is a lot like Superman in she has a tool for pretty much anything. IMO she is a lesser version of Superman though.

Wonder Woman pros:

- Air Dash: Screen and air control plus leads to overhead combo starters
- Demigoddess Might: Screen and air control, shuts down most air zoners like Superman, Hawk Girl and great for IA mind games and keeping people honest
- Lasso Grab: for the buff and extra combo damage
- Bracelets of Submission: Once you get the timing down the buff is great and up close leads to big damage combos
- MB Tiara: Great for pulling people into combos with the MB version
- B23: Overhead high damage string with great range, just Godlike
- D3: Kitana reach low knockdown
- Anti Air: D2 is a really good AA that leads to full combo
- Combo Damage: 40%+ BNB's from b113, b11 and 33
- Decent high/low game: With Air Dash and 33 WW can bet big damage from overhead or low starters.
- Shield Stance: Reduces chip damage, mind games (B21, B23) D1 poke +7 frame advantage on block and corner pressure (40%+ juggles in corner)

Wonder Woman Cons

Demigodess Might: Full combo if you miss your target
Lasso Spin: Just a horrible move all together (slow startup, small hitbox, long recovery) that leads to full combos if missed
Tiara: Horrible reach and long recovery if not MB
Air Tiara: Bad zoning tool that leads to full combo if missed
Wake up: No great wake up attack
Shield Stance: Slow moving, removes air dash and Demigoddess Might, no real combo potential outside of corner.
Zoning: Against characters like DS who can take your air control she has no zoning game.
Super: Horrible Super! has very limited reach and is much slower than some other Super's.

Superman Pros

Air Dash: see Wonder Woman
Zoning: Heat Vision and Air Heat Vision are good full screen zoning tools against characters who don't have zoning tools (Catwoman, Bane, Grundy etc)
Heat Vision: great damage zoning tool that also has huge chip damage.
MB Air Heat Vision: Overhead special that pushes opponent back
MB Flying Punch: Full screen overhead special (3 hits). Great for getting opponent in corner.
MB Freeze Breath: Amazing special that leads to big damage when used in combos
Low Scoop: Good starter if you can read your opponent. Decent damage combos when used as a starter. Good damage when used after BNB's.
Super Breath: IMO best combo ender for Superman as it pushes your opponent full screen and keeps them in the corner.
Rising Grab: great AA attack to keep people honest. It is really fast and has good damage since you can add Air Heat Vision to the end of the throw. Plus it can be used to keep your opponent in the corner. Also a good wakeup attack that can change the tide of a battle by placing your opponent in the corner.
High/Low Mixup: Superman can combo from 11, 111, 223, F2D1, F23, Low Scoop etc. He has a huge selection of overhead and low combos that keep your opponent guessing.
F23: IMO the best string in the game as it has insane reach, is incredibly fast and leaves you + on block when you add in Super Breath
DF3: Long reaching low knockdown that goes under some projectiles.
Breath (Plus it leads to big damage combos)
Corner Pressure & Damage: This is why his push back attacks, specials and juggles are so important. You can hit 50%+ damage combos in the corner with a single MB from 11, 111, 223, f2d1, or F23. (Example 223, 3, Freeze Breath, Heat Vision, F2D1, 3, Low Scoop, 3 Super Breath = 56%?)
Trait: One of the best traits in the game. In the corner this trait can lead to 70%+ damage combos and completely blows up armored characters like Grundy, Doomsday, Bane etc.
Super: Easily the best and fastest Super in the game. Plus it has respectable damage and goes fullscreen before you can blink. Did I mention it is also armored and punishes EVERYTHING!

Superman Cons

Air Heat Vision: If you get reckless with this special you'll eat a full combo due to the recovery time when in the air.
Combo Damage without MB: Superman has to have some weaknesses! His midscreen combo damage without using a MB special such as Freeze Breath is not nearly as high as characters like Wonder Woman. This is a sacrifice he has to have though to keep him balanced.

I know I missed some stuff so don't bash me, I just woke up! IMO Wonder Woman can be high Tier but like REO stated, Superman is just better and so much safer as of right now. He has very minor weaknesses compared to most of the cast. I also agree with REO when he says Superman could be the best character in the game. Will this lead to Superman getting a few nerfs and dropping down the chart? Possibly but he just has so many tools that even nerfs wont affect him that much.

I'm curious to what @REO thinks about Wonder Woman.
Shield stance removes the airdash but gives you a much more ambiguous cross up with J2, its got fine combo potential, you can do 34% 1 bar, or 47% 1 bar depending if you hit witha jump in or not.

Lasso spin is a hitconfirm move, use it on the 112 string. So its not useless, you use it after a hitconfirm from frametraps. (B2/MB Tiara/33)
Demigodess might is used for countering air projectiles, so you should never miss your target, definitely a pro, not a con.
Her super gives her a rediculous amount of options and can be comboed into off of pretty much anything, or used on reaction to a lot of moves.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
Green Lantern is OP and I'm calling it now. He zones very well. His vortex is ****ing stupid to block and does so much damage. He can mix up highs and lows. Don't even think about jumping in on a Green Lantern because that grab was designed for a retard to be able to use. Oh and it leads to 30%+ combos and his vortex. You can't zone Lantern well because he can always use that move to zoom across the screen quickly. You're low on health...whatever shall Green Lantern do? How about pop his trait and spam the meterburn version of his minigun for massive damage. There is no weakness to this character.