What's new

Most uneven match up?

Which is most like watching Seahawks vs Broncos in the Superbowl?

• Hawkgirl vs Grundy

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • MMH vs Cyborg

Votes: 45 71.4%

• Total voters

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
To be honest MMH vs. Cyborg isnt as bad as everyone thinks cyborg can punish is over tele and do a whole lot of other things, but Arrow vs Bane is just unfair lol
I've been kinda grinding the arrow vs bane match in my head for a long time now. I don't think it's as bad as most people say but I could be wrong. I applied the strategy I've been thinking of last time I faced grr in tournament and did better than normal but I still lost 3-1. That was months ago and I haven't been able to get another shot since.

I honestly think Aquaman and MMH are a lot harder. MMH is an 8-2 match IMO.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
You don't lift at point blank considering how much range the move has. Its startup of 16 frames is equal to or higher than almost all of her normals, and her normals and strings are all almost safe on block (negative, but safe). Raven should only throw out point-blank lifts if the opponent has slow normals that require perfect timing to punish. Other than that you hit confirm into it or abuse the range of it (it's basically a super-poke that leads to a combo if MB).
D1 lift is one of the best tools she has. Not only in the counter Poking game but also to punish your dash ins. Especially against a character like arrow, she will d1 lift in between d1 arrow. When she is in trait and you are already guessing whether to dash in or not, d1 lift becomes one of her best footsie tools.

Sami

Noob
D1 lift is one of the best tools she has. Not only in the counter Poking game but also to punish your dash ins. Especially against a character like arrow, she will d1 lift in between d1 arrow. When she is in trait and you are already guessing whether to dash in or not, d1 lift becomes one of her best footsie tools.
I'm aware how good it is, but in certain matches you're better off not risking it, especially if that character can easily put her into knockdown hell. d1 poking through moves? Fine. But at neutral, a point blank d1~lift is risky. Throwing out a d1 with no follow-up will put you at advantage on hit and give you time to back off. Assuming the opponent tries to follow up with a random d1 they'll do it at what, 16 frames at the earliest? Enough for Raven to start slowly spacing them out if they risk it. If they don't, more movement for Raven.

Her d1 is amazing. Raw point blank d1~lift is often clutch that doesn't get punished as often as it should do.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I pretty much almost never use d1 arrow unless it's for a quick punish. D1 savage blast and even mb slide all the way. When they respect those you can throw out d1 arrow. I still tend to just raw d1 and back up or go for pressure at that point.

If she's in trait you should probably go for d1 into df1b instead. It leaves you even, does 2% block damage AND you can MB it into a combo. Slightly less reward than MB Singularity, granted, but unless you're 100% sure it will land, it's far far less risky.

And while it's nowhere near the worst in the game, I think the closest Raven has to a 7-3 matchup in her favour is Harley Quinn.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Bane vs. Catwoman is probably as bad as the lopsided MU that are frequently discussed. What's worse is, it's one of the few that is actually played at a high level offline regularly. Yet no one talks about it. Frustrating.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Bane vs. Catwoman is probably as bad as the lopsided MU that are frequently discussed. What's worse is, it's one of the few that is actually played at a high level offline regularly. Yet no one talks about it. Frustrating.
How bad would you say it is for Catwoman? Why is it so bad?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How bad would you say it is for Catwoman? Why is it so bad?

Extremely bad.

Bane out footsies Catwoman terribly. It's as bad as Sinestro and Aquaman. When played correctly with good spacing he's virtually unapproachable. He out ranges her, he anti-airs her(both jump in and her trademark jump back game). He has the complete list of tools you need to out footsie her and this is all Catwoman has. She can't zone him out, she can't run away. People don't seem to understand this effects every aspect of the match. Like debuff is a bill. Even without armor he STILL out footsies her. He's almost as unapproachable in debuff as he is when he's venomed up. His d+1 and d+2 don't go away when he's in debuff. On knockdown it's a complete nightmare. I often lose an entire bar from guessing wrong a few times. He gets to play his complete oki metagame against her. She is a character entirely based on knockdown pressure and he has great wakeup attacks she has to respect. The venom damage buff is a problem as well. Since she has such poor footsies against him her whole game is reacting to him and making reads based on his choices, things like punishing dash ins or jumping over and punishing barge. Because of the venom damage buff she does low damage to him. So it's a guessing game that's already in his favor just based on the options plus he is doing huge damage to her and she does low damage to him that leads into a guessing game on knockdown where he has good wakeup options.