What's new

Most uneven match up?

Which is most like watching Seahawks vs Broncos in the Superbowl?

• Hawkgirl vs Grundy

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • MMH vs Cyborg

Votes: 45 71.4%

• Total voters

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Grundy loses to bane, cyborg, and hawkgirl 8-2
I definitely agree with you in the bane and cyborg numbers, but with hawkgirl I respectfully disagree.. I think both of those matchups are worse then hawkgirl. I would say Grundy hawkgirl is not an 8-2.. At worst I would call it a 7-3, which is still shit lol.. But d2, mb clever, mb f3, and wcc all give Grundy some options.. When I think of an 8-2 I think of a character having close to no options at all. Like Grundy vs bane or arrow vs mmh.. Yeah she can sit in the top corner spamming maces for a long time, but if you stay very patient and choose your moment right, you can cause some damage. That's just my personal opinion. I play with a very good hawkgirl player pretty frequently.. I will admit though that the Grundy player has to be super on point with his meter management and execution to not make that matchup unwinnable

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I honestly have raven at 5/5.
Personally dude, I would say its 6-4 Ravens favor.. I play Ducky a lot and granted, I havent played him with my Arrow in a while, but even then, I feel like I have definitely played this matchup at the absolute highest level (at least on Raven's side lol). Her tools plus Ducky's gdlke blocking can make it tough for arrow. Having said that, I've seen your GA and I love it. Definitely one of the best ive seen! So I'm sure you have found out some stuff in that matchup that I didnt.. And now I play batman so... :joker:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Raven does give GA a hard time. He can't zone her out and trait can give him a hell of a time to do anything.
But green arrow just needs to get in, no zoning needed. Block her soul grab thing and you get a free dash to close the distance. From there it's more risky for her to throw it out. Once you have her in the corner her options are very limited even with trait.

I used to think this match was hard. Now I can't see it being in her favor. I think it's one of the most even matchups arrow has.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
MMH Cyborg is prolly the worst IMO, but HG Grundy sucks so it isn't much of a consolation prize...

Scoot Magee

Personally dude, I would say its 6-4 Ravens favor.. I play Ducky a lot and granted, I havent played him with my Arrow in a while, but even then, I feel like I have definitely played this matchup at the absolute highest level (at least on Raven's side lol). Her tools plus Ducky's gdlke blocking can make it tough for arrow. Having said that, I've seen your GA and I love it. Definitely one of the best ive seen! So I'm sure you have found out some stuff in that matchup that I didnt.. And now I play batman so... :joker:
I never played ducky before but I've play ray riazy a lot offline and glass sword online. I can say anyone with good blocking can give arrow a hard time but he does have a lot of ways to make his mix ups ambiguous. Mb slide is a tool people need to use more during the f2d13 string. The great thing about mb slide is it gives arrow another true 50/50 and pushes to the corner. If you have electric arrow equipped you can do f2d13 arrow dash 111 slide or f2d1 mb slide. Both push to the corner. Also f2d1 low ice arrow and f2d1 overhead ice arrow is a true 50/50. It should really help you open up anyone even with the best defense.

Also thanks for the props! Thread officially derailed? Lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Grundy vs Bane

From a Bane's perspective...
Good GA players can still run away somewhat.
Good CW players can still mix us up.

Doesn't matter how good the Grundy is, we just don't care.
@Mikemetroid Testify my brotha!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Aquaman vs Green Arrow

I have no idea what GA can do especially when Ice Arrow is his only launcher really.. #fishoil

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I definitely agree with you in the bane and cyborg numbers, but with hawkgirl I respectfully disagree.. I think both of those matchups are worse then hawkgirl. I would say Grundy hawkgirl is not an 8-2.. At worst I would call it a 7-3, which is still shit lol.. But d2, mb clever, mb f3, and wcc all give Grundy some options.. When I think of an 8-2 I think of a character having close to no options at all. Like Grundy vs bane or arrow vs mmh.. Yeah she can sit in the top corner spamming maces for a long time, but if you stay very patient and choose your moment right, you can cause some damage. That's just my personal opinion. I play with a very good hawkgirl player pretty frequently.. I will admit though that the Grundy player has to be super on point with his meter management and execution to not make that matchup unwinnable
I agree with this on the basis that I used to sub Grundy. But I've only really played bad Hawkgirls who didn't get the MU

Scoot Magee

Instead of going for ice arrow b.3 when his trait is up, just load another ice arrow while they are frozen and go for a mix-up into refreeze.
Trait is just the icing, there's ways around it like you mentioned. It's his control over the ground, great anti air and good damage that make the match really hard for arrow. You are forced to corner him to even have a shot.

I still think MMH is his hardest match though.