What's new

Most lopsided match-up in the game?

omooba

fear the moobs
obviously the worst match up in the game is predator vs d'vorah. her blood is no match for his

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Id have to say Goro vs Kung Lao, your only options without meter are blocking and trying to catch them off guard with ground pound.

Espio

Kokomo
Totally theory fighting here but it would seem that Mournful would poop all over goro, even in tigrar. How does he deal with air glaives?
It's pretty simple: Tigrar projectiles have a unique speed that's good for blowing up jumpers so it's good for catching her coming down or in the air throwing air glaives. If you catch her falling down she loses whatever zoning advantage she had. Couple this with the fact that 8% fireballs > 5% glaives and it's not at all hard to believe. Telestomp has an intelligent place in the match up as well. Goro is one of the only characters in the game who can armor out of Kitana's ex glaive cancels that have gaps and avoid being punished for doing so, even the return glaive doesn't stop his armor. And if she blocks instead of doing the glaive cancel there's zero real risk to him. She gets less damage off her ex wake up DP as well in this variant I believe as well so that swings the pendulum of risk reward more out of her favor as well.

As for Royal Storm, Goro can punish pretty much all of her cancels into fan with command grab, crushes her on knockdown, out pokes her/pressures her. And his fireballs do more damage than hers. She does more damage and outzones him, but tigrar fireballs are definitely a good counterzoning option and can definitely help him get or maintain a lifelead. I'd hazard to say it's even. If he had really good mobility I'd say he won, but she has great footsies and tools to keep him at bay in the current version of the game.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I think we have to face facts that, no matter how some of us might hate it, we need to learn two or more different types of characters/variations for certain match ups. that's just my opinion :coffee:

Reactions: GAV