What's new

Mortal Kombat X what were they thinking part 2 (Lao p2, Quan Cage Kenshi)

I took into account some feedback. I also want to try to vary the topics because going through every junk string will get repetiive. I Tried to offer more advice and constructive criticism this time. Thoughi can't help spiraling into rants on occasion :)

Lao/Quan

Quan/ Cage

Cage part 2

Kenshi

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think what they wanted to accomplish with warlock was accomplished. He's a lower damage variation that has better options when he is knocked down. Because he is given a wake up, his overall game plan is hindered.

I agree w hat trick though, maybe if they gave the floating hat a hitbox it would be nice.

Summoner needs nothing.

Sorcerer super meter spell is whack. Although the chip one has its uses

fair points im going to leave this thread for a while and see waht happens, the last poitn i want to make is the points im making are about overarching design and how each move fits.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
fair points im going to leave this thread for a while and see waht happens, the last poitn i want to make is the points im making are about overarching design and how each move fits.

Well every fighting game is going to have moves that are useless or just combo filler. It makes it that much more hype when u see someone use them correctly. I won't lie though, a loooot of strings on this game seem to have no use..

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
333 has its uses. It's got 3% chip on it, which is his highest chip on any of his strings. So you could do stunt double, then jip 333 db1 mb jip 333 db1 mb jip 333 bd1 mb or just empty for a stupid amount of chip. All guaranteed because mb db1 with stunts up is really really plus.

Enjoyed it.

Would u mind doing this with kotal kahn cuz all the issues u talked about can be 100% aplied to KK How Wargod just does everything 100x better than SG or BG with all the negative frames on his "footsie tools" just comparing cassies b124 thats +1 and kotals f1b2 thats -11.

Enjoyed it.

Would u mind doing this with kotal kahn cuz all the issues u talked about can be 100% aplied to KK How Wargod just does everything 100x better than SG or BG with all the negative frames on his "footsie tools" just comparing cassies b124 thats +1 and kotals f1b2 thats -11.
yurr his totems are a good talking point.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yeah JC's fisticuffs is just a half baked idea, it's strong but no help from fist bump in that regard. when it's clear your a rush down character who's selling point is apparently massive chip damage why does most his chip come from a zoning tool? A little silly if you ask me. Plus there's almost no time where you'd end a combo in fist bump and it's not safe to activate it dry at all. It should be as quick as Sub's aura IMO

Wigy

There it is...
Completely agree, feels like johnny cage had his cancels put in first, and then they decided to give other characters them too, but they have a bunch of other tools that he doesn't! His A-list would be very interesting and good if none of the other characters had cancels.

Basically JC's useable normals seem to be f34 113 d4 and f24, and sweet lord why are his JIP's and d1/d3 so bad. I know his d4 is good, but other characters have a d4 just as good and still have a 6f d1 having a rushdown character who is negative or 0 on everything with a poke slower than half the cast makes no sense to me.

And in fisticuffs i barely ever get the knuckles up, and when i do i then need to get in on the person and by the time i do its already timed out, so i'm basically using the variation for one normal string, which yeah is a great string but really..

I take it on the words of JC mains that their character is fine, but i just don't see it. Cassie does everything he does and better.

Last edited:

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Completely agree, feels like johnny cage had his cancels put in first, and then they decided to give other characters them too, but they have a bunch of other tools. Basically JC's useable normals seem to be f34 113 d4 and f24, and sweet lord why are his JIP's so bad.

I take it on the words of JC mains that their character is fine, but i just don't see it. Cassie does everything he does and better.
I mean I guess he's fine, but that doesn't mean that his toolset doesn't make sense at times. When you can get better chip in his SD variation than in the one that literally has chip damage buff listed in the variation select screen that's kinda dumb. And Cassie does feel like she outclasses him, this is just silly in the respect that he helped train her and is obviously still in peak condition and has half the toolset she does. I mean isn't she like fresh on the force pretty much? How is she so boss compared to her dad lmao

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
They were hoping all this stuff would piss you off. looks like they won :DOGE
Lol overall none of this stuff bothers me much, but when analyzing the game it's easier to find things that are annoying. It's pretty clear Cassie was supposed to get under your skin and yes, they succeeded there haha. Ferra might be more annoying however not gonna lie

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
If you guys think this is bad, you should see Tekken. Characters have 500 moves in that weird ass dumb game series, and only end up using maybe 15 of them.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Completely agree, feels like johnny cage had his cancels put in first, and then they decided to give other characters them too, but they have a bunch of other tools that he doesn't! His A-list would be very interesting and good if none of the other characters had cancels.

Basically JC's useable normals seem to be f34 113 d4 and f24, and sweet lord why are his JIP's and d1/d3 so bad. I know his d4 is good, but other characters have a d4 just as good and still have a 6f d1 having a rushdown character who is negative or 0 on everything with a poke slower than half the cast makes no sense to me.

And in fisticuffs i barely ever get the knuckles up, and when i do i then need to get in on the person and by the time i do its already timed out, so i'm basically using the variation for one normal string, which yeah is a great string but really..

Cassie does 50-50s, Cage pressures.
You don't activate the fisticuffs buff until you're at the wall where maxmimized usage is guaranteed. Watch what DJT has done in tourney.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I can see Fisticuffs is still very misunderstood then.

You can end combos in f24 fist bump or b2 fist bump. Or throw into it, or full screen blocked snot ball.

333 mb forceball with fist bump is 14% chip on block for half a bar and block advantage.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
eating and the kinect distorts my voice, maybe a few drinks i don't remember.
You know you could make alot of money on tym making these "what were they thinking" videos. Who wouldnt pay on here for you to break down a character so they can get buffs. Lol it worked for kung lao hat trick.. Funny and true stuff your talking about.

I want to play Johnny but he just keeps getting skipped each patch. I new from day 1 Johnny was going to be lackluster and everyone said (and still says) he's fine. Johnny is quickly moving down the tier list with all these other characters moving up. We might only be getting one more patch, so my hopes are running out

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Nrs what we're they thinking?

Take away all of of scorpions cancel bullshit , only to give Liu kang the same cancel bullshit , but make it more bullshit.

This is bullshit.