What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" What we know.

I'm glad they are making the majority of the females more covered up but there should be at least one or two scantily clad women just for the sake of variety.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Neat.

Though they could also maybe do style select like how KoF does team selection.

Say you could still move the cursor around the 3 selections, and push A to choose one.
However, you could also have the option for selecting one with a direct button press.

For example.
R1=Cryomancer
R2=Unbreakable
L1=Grandmaster.

That would be a cleaner way of doing it, IMO.

PwnStar

Noob
They need to just do the KOF style all the way. Each person picks characters. after lock they are both revealed, then you do a blind stance. Double blind with no reveal of the character before stance is not good, to random for matchups. Stance should be all about soft countering...otherwise no one will ever pick certain stances, they will always opt for the most well rounded one.

I'm going to hunt down the NRS devs like a hawk at EVO to push this idea through. This NEEDS to happen.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think nobody mentioned this, but I've noticed that hitting an opponent with normals actually builds meter now, so characters will probably get bars a bit faster than in MK9.
Didn't notice this.

I also didn't know normals didn't build meter in MK9.

Which is weird, because I played that game so damn much, I guess I never noticed.

They need to just do the KOF style all the way. Each person picks characters. after lock they are both revealed, then you do a blind stance. Double blind with no reveal of the character before stance is not good, to random for matchups. Stance should be all about soft countering...otherwise no one will ever pick certain stances, they will always opt for the most well rounded one.

I'm going to hunt down the NRS devs like a hawk at EVO to push this idea through. This NEEDS to happen.
There's already an option for hiding your character choice and NRS have confirmed that they're going to give the same option for variations. So the option is already there, why would you want to force people to pick blind?

SGX

Noob
Haven't really seen this posted here, so sorry if it's old news.

RIP starts talking about MKX around the 23:30 time stamp. What was really concerning to me is how first of all, you can't cancel your dashes much like Injustice. Secondly, dashing and then tapping block is what activates run. Aris pretty much had the same feelings I did about it in the sense of them trading functionality for the "smooth look" and the fact that most people hated that about Injustice.

MK9 is pretty much the only FG that allows you to cancel dashing with block or attacks so the fact that it doesn't return shouldn't be such a shock.
I heard there 2 methods for inputting run:
  1. dash then hold block - run comes out after the dash
  2. hold block and dash - run comes out instantly
Either way the MKX run has the same properties as MK9 dash. You can cancel it anytime with block or attack. I think NRS reasoning for this may be to limit mindless offense and encourage more thoughtful offense with the increased walkspeed.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
MK9 is pretty much the only FG that allows you to cancel dashing with block or attacks so the fact that it doesn't return shouldn't be such a shock.
I heard there 2 methods for inputting run:
  1. dash then hold block - run comes out after the dash
  2. hold block and dash - run comes out instantly
Either way the MKX run has the same properties as MK9 dash. You can cancel it anytime with block or attack. I think NRS reasoning for this may be to limit mindless offense and encourage more thoughtful offense with the increased walkspeed.
Method 2 makes it sound like you can do all the same dash cancel pressure as MK9 but now its with run so you just have to hold block while doing it all and at the cost of stamina so you can't do it forever. Perfect.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Did you read one of Ed Boon's last tweets? Is it possible that Jax returns in MKX, even though Sindel killed him?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All I know is that every single character I've seen looks like they'll be fun. Can't wait.