What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" What we know.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This thread will be for purely everything we know about NetherRealm Studio's next Mortal Kombat title, "Mortal Kombat X" scheduled for sometime in 2015. This thread will be updated with any new information received.

mk10logo.jpeg

Game Facts:
  • Title: "Mortal Kombat X" - Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with dynamic gameplay to create an unprecedented Kombat experience
  • Release Date: 2015
  • Publisher: Warner Bros/NetherRealm Studios
Media Reports: (oldest to newest)
whosnext.jpg
Confirmed characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn
- Interactables (can be blocked, outlined so they can been seen easier) https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/476208734570430465
- Block button
- "Background use mainly for propelling characters" https://twitter.com/noobde/status/476215129378275328
- Character specific intros
- X-Rays (could be 2 separate bars of meter?)
- Running returns with ability meter
- Different stances?

Characters so far:
Scorpion:
- Has a fireball
- Sets himself on fire move (like his trait in Injustice)
- Hellfire that grabs the opponent
- Spear

Sub-Zero:
- Ice ball
- Has a backwards slide and forward slide
- Ice clone (can be thrown)
- Ice puddle?
- Ice parry?

D'Vorah:
- Fast advancing projectile?
- Air grab

Ferra/Torr:
- Can throw the little one as a projectile
- Has as Bane like charge

Cassie Cage:

Kotal Kahn:

Raiden:

Kano:

Character details credit to @RedRaptor10

*Regarding new Movie details, those reports are not included yet.

Actor's Kiefer Sutherland and Karen Strassman both NOT working on MKX afterall, see here: http://www.trmk.org/news/31097/the_netherreport_3_our_ed_boon_interview_kiefer_not_in_mkx_midnight_e3_recap.html

Last edited:
There's some interesting tidbits of info in the Playstation upload of the trailer:

"Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy."

mfkaoz

Banned
Playstation just uploaded the trailer with this description.
"Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. "

Multiple variations? So like USF4?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Playstation just uploaded the trailer with this description.
"Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. "

Multiple variations? So like USF4?
OH. MY. GOD!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
@STORMS
Do we know if its going to be pronounced “Mortal Kombat Ecks” instead of “Mortal Kombat Ten”?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Multiple variations?!?!? So I can play MK9 Raiden?

Oh god I hope so if MKX raiden doesn't have a 1 frame startup teleport. BAwWWWWWWAwwwwwWWWW MY BODY. MY MIND IS TELLING ME YESSSS. AND MY BODDDDAYYY..... MY BODY IS FUCKING READY

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
My guess is that background bounces might be in the game somehow, but no throwable interactables.

Its kind of odd that its coming out for last gen consoles.
Not especially. Think how long the Playstation 2 lasted - games were still being released for that console less than two years ago.

From a profit maximisation point of view, releasing it to all four consoles makes perfect sense.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
He's not even being a smartass. Tbh I'm a little annoyed at the fact people are already speculating. I won't speculate until the actually gameplay leaks.
Eh so we are supposed to see the trailer watch it get hype that the game is going to be released but not talk about what's going on in it? Come on.
Anyway I think we'll see much more at E3 next week.