What's new

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Released - Featuring Many Character Reveals

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Where the HELL is Tanya in all of this, I would have thought her role would have come to play here.
That's a damn good question, wasn't she important in MK4? Has she even made any appearances in the MK comic?
Since she is the ambassador to new realms and was locked up in Kahn's Colliseum in the last game. she is probably busy opening up portals for the Netherrealm to invade. Since she had an extreme dislike for Jade maybe she kills the newly resurrected zombie Jade off camera or in story mode. Thus making Kitana mournful. this could also explain why certain undead beings are present. But who knows really. The characters could all be time jumping and the paradoxes could render certain characters non-existent for whatever reason.

and I'm reading many comments on the youtube vid and a few on here they don't think Sindel is playable cuz her outfit looks the same as mk9. Her outfit while very similar is still a completely new character model and their are some extremely noticeable differences. the costume near the neckline is drastically different. it just seems odd they would make these new character models but not have them playable. Also worth noting is that kitana outfit in that scene is the alt one that looks more similar to her mk9 one. Anyhow. I'd say nearly all characters present in the trailer are more than likely playable.

Kokoko

Somehow
I want to believe that the Ed's question about 5 characters doesn't mean "Only 5 characters from this trailer will be playable". Maybe answer is "No, 6 or 7". Because I really want to see Mileena, Erron and Rain in the game. Shinnok also, like a playable sub-boss.

Can't wait to see some gameplay of new characters. But I think, we must wait two weeks again for a new stream.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
One of the things I didn't like about mk9 DLC was that none of the characters had a place in story mode and they were just put in with a kind of "fake" story ending in arcade mode.

What if DLC is much more planned this time around and many characters we see in story are in fact DLC. It might actually crate a demand for them even more

Kokoko

Somehow
Calling it now that Liu Kang is the final boss.
That red smoke you see is him in his Fire God form. I mean come on its even coming out of a Shaolin temple...
And this red smoke is not a demon from the comics? Perhaps they are somehow connected. Rayden said that the demon came from other worlds. Is Liu Kang traveler? Anyway, I hope that Liu Kang will not be the final boss. Noob & Havik more likely 4 me.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
And this red smoke is not a demon from the comics? Perhaps they are somehow connected. Rayden said that the demon came from other worlds. Is Liu Kang traveler? Anyway, I hope that Liu Kang will not be the final boss. Noob & Havik more likely 4 me.
Which demon and comic issue are you referring to? I can go back and have a look

Kokoko

Somehow
Which demon and comic issue are you referring to? I can go back and have a look
The demon, which killed Fox. First issue. Fox (demon) said that he is associated with Quan Chi. Perhaps sorcerer released a creature for the invasion. This demon is out of control and become a major threat.

We already know that Noob Saibot is a demon, like Scorpion. Since Bi Han freed, the demon is also free. At first he was under the control of Quan Chi, but not all the time. Then he meets Havik, after which they will work together. NRS can use the Noob Saibot's ending in this way.

It's just a guess.
Sorry for my English, if there are errors :)

Invincibeast

Stay Free
The demon, which killed Fox. First issue. Fox (demon) said that he is associated with Quan Chi. Perhaps sorcerer released a creature for the invasion. This demon is out of control and become a major threat.

We already know that Noob Saibot is a demon, like Scorpion. Since Bi Han freed, the demon is also free. At first he was under the control of Quan Chi, but not all the time. Then he meets Havik, after which they will work together. NRS can use the Noob Saibot's ending in this way.

It's just a guess.
Sorry for my English, if there are errors :)
Ohh Ok I see what you mean now. I thought that the dagger was just cursed and making Fox go crazy.
I'll still stick with my bold prediction of Liu Kang though :p

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
HOLY SHIIIII......I've literally watched this trailer over and over it's so AMAZING!!!!! I seriously cannot wait anymore this hype is too much. MKX is the best. I'm sure there still characters that are unrevealed and one of them is Tanya I cannot wait to see her!!!

Oh man, I just ruined the game for everyone now leaking plots like that! I guess I shouldn't spoil that Kung Jin puts Kintaro out of commission by sticking him with an arrow to the knee. And that Sektor & Cyrax found that the Fast Food business is more to their liking and retried. :DOGE
Just one knee or all 4?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
it appears the women all got breast reductions while the men decided to show more skin or upgrade their muscle-tone. look at that manly beard and those pecs on sub zero! Rain decided he needed to show some skin too.
Thank God! The balloon tits was laughable and they really outdid themselves with Sub-Zero's physique. Oh dear, this game has turned me into one of y'all drooling over pixels. :'(