What's new

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Released - Featuring Many Character Reveals

Elder God

Power!
Ok Ed say on twitter 5 chars reveal today, but who are the other two guys? Takeda, Kung Jin and Jacqui gameplay ok.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Can we talk about subzeros beard. Badass.

Takeda, Kung Jin and jaqui are lame.

that doesn't mean anything though. A voice actor can do more than one voice. I think both sub zeros are in the game.
but both subby sound the same. Besides Jamieson Price did the voice of Bihan in mk9 and has confirmed voice work on Mkx. If it was two different subs then we would have heard different voices for each sub. Instead both subs we've seen have the same voice.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
but both subby sound the same. Besides Jamieson Price did the voice of Bihan in mk9 and has confirmed voice work on Mkx. If it was two different subs then we would have heard different voices for each sub. Instead both subs we've seen have the same voice.
I didn't think they sounded the same. Masked version sounded A lot more menacing. I'd have to listen to it again.

Lo0py

Noob
I FUCKING LOVE how Mileenas design and voice, LOVE Subby's alt and just adore everything they shown except Ermacs alt (now he totaly looks like a burnvictim). Plus Im not super hype about the younger versions of our beloved characters (at least so far, all depends on the gameplay of course).
I know, fucking awesome. I love that they kept the previous voice actress for Mileena!
Sadly, Rain's costume is too ugly for him to be playable
Ikr? it's that more prince than ninja bullshit kinda outfit :/

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This desert theme is concerning me that they might just stick Cyrax in the sand again. :(
Well in story, he actually ends up there :)

Scorpion with Hanzo Hasashi skin? Ok, since Scorpion is my all time favorite character in video games, The Hanzo skin is what I will use.

Also, I'm now officially confused about Sub Zero. We were always told that Bi-Han and Kuai Liang are brothers. Looking back at the artwork for MK9, I notice that MK9 Sub(Kuai) DOES NOT have a scar. (The alt dlc skin has it)

Is it possible that in this new timeline that Bi and Kuai are NOT the same Sub Zeros as the one from "MK3" and that this "MK3" Sub with the scar is an entirely different character?
We were told from very early on that there are more Sub-Zero's than Bi and Kuai. If this one has the scar, then it must be Kuai Liang.

The scene with Raiden and Shinnok makes me believe that its a flashback early in the story in which shows Raiden trapping Shinnok in the amulet.

Somehow though Mileena acquires the amulet and therefore uses it against Kotal Kahn.

Could Mileena be the final boss in the game?
I'm pretty sure that Mileena will be involved in the final fight somehow, but that Shinnok will emerge as the final boss from the amulet.

Erron Black doesn't look as interesting to me anymore... that pic where he is pointing the 6-shooter at Cassie/Jacqui/Kung/Takeda looks hella funny XD

trufenix

bye felicia
okay, okay, so my blood pressure has subsided again.

a) Most importantly, evil kitana fighting adult cassie means she did not come back from the Netherrealm War. Given Raiden's "Where have you been, Kung Lao" and Kung Jin with the SF I'm going to say he didn't either.

b) Rain is definitely playable, I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The entire city siege is probably Kotal's story mode chapter and the rooftop battle with Mileena and Rain is most likely the end of it.

c) Pretty funny that Raiden got a bigger hat AFTER he beat Shinnok. Compensate much, Thunder God?

I didn't think they sounded the same. Masked version sounded A lot more menacing. I'd have to listen to it again.
Even if they do sound the same, there's no way NRS would do a costume with a scar and without a scar and call it the same brother. They've been playing us with costumes the entire time, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same with the voice.