What's new

Mortal Kombat X Sound & Special FX

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Compared to MK9 where music could barely be heard, IGAU at least had some arenas with distinguishable and somewhat cool (YMMV) soundtrack, like Metropolis street area and Gotham.
That said, MK9 soundtrack wasn't annoying, there just wasn't have enough... emphasis on it?
Idk man going to tournaments and hearing the music on the loud speakers gets me mad hype. Especially hearing the classic music.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Idk man going to tournaments and hearing the music on the loud speakers gets me mad hype. Especially hearing the classic music.
Well, I probably don't have a load of nostalgia under my belt big enough to enjoy classic music this much :p
Some soundtracks work for me too though, like forest or armory theme. Challenge tower theme is nice too, but I heard enough of it, what's with default training mode arena lol.

Btw I do hope that we'll getting more involved announcer than the one from IGAU.

Mr. Swizzer, i think the overall character of mk3/mk2 aura needs to be captured, the outrageous MK soundtrack of the first movie, it's that craziness, liu kang's loud yelling. That's what i want

The campy comedy based aspects are part of the appeal, i hope nrs doesn't get caught up in hyper realism. I think the characters need to be very eccentric with really memorable sounds

BRUTALITY

Banned
THIS IS A BIG DEAL imo

not for gameplay purposes of any kind (i play with no sound anyway bcuz my monitor)

but igau sound was absolute garbage, MK was a little better. when i go to a tournament i know where street fighter is because i hear CHING BOOOOM DING DING DING "OH MY GOD THIS FIGHT IS SO INSANE WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?!" "THE WARRIORS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN NOW BLABLABLA!!!" all this crazy shit is happening like a pinball or slot machine.

then theres shit boring quiet same same unexcited metal on metal crap that injustice has for sound.

comparing MK and IGAU sound to SF is like minor and major league.

NRS your games used to be the ones with badass sound but since mk3 or maybe mk4 the sound has sucked a thousand dicks. remember walking in an arcade back in the day and hearing people play MK3 before you could even see it? because it was all like DUN DUN DUN!!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH FATALITY! UUURYAAAA URREYAAAAA URYAAAAA run run run combos were like AH AH OU AH OUWWWAAAAAAA!!!!!

yeah you need to bring that back, no more Mutejustice crap because i can not distinguish the difference between 0 or 100 volume in that game.

YOU NEED TO BRING BACK SIGNATURE CRIES THAT HAVE CHARACTER, DISTINCTION AND HYPE!!

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
THIS IS A BIG DEAL imo

not for gameplay purposes of any kind (i play with no sound anyway bcuz my monitor)

but igau sound was absolute garbage, MK was a little better. when i go to a tournament i know where street fighter is because i hear CHING BOOOOM DING DING DING "OH MY GOD THIS FIGHT IS SO INSANE WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?!" "THE WARRIORS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN NOW BLABLABLA!!!" all this crazy shit is happening like a pinball or slot machine.

then theres shit boring quiet same same unexcited metal on metal crap that injustice has for sound.

comparing MK and IGAU sound to SF is like minor and major league.

NRS your games used to be the ones with badass sound but since mk3 or maybe mk4 the sound has sucked a thousand dicks. remember walking in an arcade back in the day and hearing people play MK3 before you could even see it? because it was all like DUN DUN DUN!!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH FATALITY! UUURYAAAA URREYAAAAA URYAAAAA run run run combos were like AH AH OU AH OUWWWAAAAAAA!!!!!

yeah you need to bring that back, no more Mutejustice crap because i can not distinguish the difference between 0 or 100 volume in that game.

YOU NEED TO BRING BACK SIGNATURE CRIES THAT HAVE CHARACTER, DISTINCTION AND HYPE!!
No I actually think they are on the correct path for sound FX & special FX for MKX.

This is just a suggestion & relation thread for any certain somebody's that maybe glancing over the forum.