What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" Reveal Trailer & Press Release! New Characters, New Game Modes and More Koming!

Anyone else feel like Sub-Zero doing those flips and kicking Scorpion in the face is a homage/reference to the film?

When I first saw it I couldn't stop thinking about this scene with Johnny Cage versus Scorpion:

@2:09
Haha I noticed that too! I was like didn't they do that shit in the MK movie?

gosoxtim

Noob
this is what sound intresing to me players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together

does this mean not a sequel but a new mortal kombat orginal story with new characters

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
SO freaking hyped for this! MK is back! Can't wait for E3 and more details about the game. I have to agree though the music felt out of place. Guy starts rapping, I'm like dude stfu I'm trying to listen to this fight.

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
Music is subjective. You can not please everyone with it. They can't use the same 90s house music in 2014. Heck, ignore the lyrics (I did since I'm not a Wiz fan at all): the beat actually fits the action. I do find it "interesting" that there is this much complaining and focusing on it when it is rap...but if shitty dub step or shitty rock was used, it would be an after-thought.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Stopped reading comments because 1000 "I don't like the song" posts.

Idc if interactable environments are in, it's whatev. Please no god damn weapons (swords, axes etc.), I honestly can't think of a scenario where every char has their own weapon and I still enjoy the game. At the end of the day Boon i'm buying it either way, but don't be a dick.

P.s: This was one of the very few times where I felt like Wiz Khalifa actually wasn't ass. Liked the song

Last edited:

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
...offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.
CONFIRMED, High Voltage studios isn't doing the PC port.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I really hope they don't completely remake the game and change all the character designs and basic mechanics. Some things need fixing yes, but a complete remake will just lead to new bugs/glitches and balancing issues.

gosoxtim

Noob
what do they mean original story in press does it mean a reboot of mk4 and beyond or completely new story that has nothing to do with the other games

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I'm mad.

And for a reason it seem you guys overlooked.

Human Sub will be in this game, this means NRS pussied out on their own reboot. Whether it's by rebooting the series again, retconing his death, using stupid bullshit to bring him back, or just leaving it to mystery, they didn't commit to their decision in the previous game.

Other than that, it looks fine.

I wish they would have committed to the MK9 style too, looks pretty different going by this, I don't like it when games shift their image too often.

This might be a prequel for all we know, but that still means they found a way to not commit to their killings in MK9.

If it is a prequel, hopefully i'll get my CyBlax back.

Because seriously, you cant make a cool character cooler then expect to go backwards.

Contradicting my statements about Subzero, I wouldn't mind them using stupid magic to bring Cyrax back, as well as his humanity.
My theory is that sub -zero mkx looks like mk9 main costume with noob saibot mk9 alt head. So maybe bi han is changed after the soulnado?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My phone ruined that post. I'm saying how can that trailer confirm subs human form and not confirm that he is dead as shit, given that what happens in said trailer? It could very easily represent the fight sub actually lost in mk9 or far more likely have Dick all to do with the canon.

Point is let's not get our storyline Jimmies rustled until we actually know something.
What are you talking about? Subzero wasn't killed in a winter forest, he had his skull ripped out by Scorpion in the Netherrealm, didn't you play story mode in MK9?

The second sub was captured by Sektor and Cyrax, and killed as a robot by Sindel.

And it's ridiculous to think they'd make a trailer with Subzero if he wasn't going to be in the game, and playable. And It would be ridiculous to think he'd be playable and not in the story, as well.
And the fact that he dies in the trailer hasn't nothing to do with the canon, and not what my statement was about, it was the fact that he was even in the trailer that means he'll be alive in the game.

MK9 CG trailer had Fatalities in it, but it also confirmed who would be in the game and story.

I dont care if these fake which 99.7% they likely are

But i be Super pleased if they go anywhere near this tone, which looks like from the the trailer
It's all about the MK2010 re-design collection.

Last edited:

Flagg

Noob
Just compare it to MK9's trailer if youre trying to find hints of what the gameplay will be like from it.

It's remarkable how similar the two trailers are. Apart from the sound effects there was not much that hinted at what MK9 would be like. Hell Jax had missiles in that trailer and in the game it was MK2 energy wave.

The hype is almost unbearable. E3 is gonna be the highlight of this year for me. The characters they showed at mk9's reveal were pretty diverse. I wonder who we'll see. You can count on Scorp, Subz, and at least one female.