What's new

Mortal Kombat X - Before & After Graphic Comparisons!!

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
its none of those. He has a nose piercing. so its jewelry.
That's a piercing?! Maybe they're just bad pictures, or I'm just not seeing it right, I need to get a better look of it. But ok, piercing makes sense, just needs to look better.

Anyway, knowing it's a piercing does help a lot! I didn't know what to think before.

Differences between the two:

His skin texture has been improved, and so has the blood effect. Some of his armor textures looks less blurry and flat now. The feathers on the back of his helmet used to be black/grey only, but now they are yellow/orange/red.
tbh i liked the golden helmet more than the new bronze one

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This really underscores a couple of things:

1) The importance of lighting -- different lighting makes things look completely different, and often much more polished.

2) The fact that this proves it's not a bad thing to point out when certain details of characters don't look correct. For everyone who said "she looks fine" when Cassie was released, or said it was sexist to comment on the anatomical proportions of her face and torso, it's clear that NRS was in the process of making changes that addressed some of the very same concerns.

Imo there's never anything wrong with constructive criticism. At the end of the day, everything, no matter how good it is, can always be improved.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
This is a one of a kind thread! You have me really excited but the cosmetics and graphics of the game more now then I did before. I was wondering did anyone notice the hell hound in the background of the dead woods and the different patterns it runs?

You have me really excited in anticipation of me seeing this on my brand new flat screen...oh... In H.D.!!!! Not my old tubby tube that was too dark to tell anything.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm looking into making more graphic comparison pictures. But looking at more of this old gameplay, I'm serious, a lot of this looks like PS3-level stuff. I still can't get over how much this game has improved, it's just insane...

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Didn't Kano have one of his variations glowing chest piece change from yellow to blue right?
No, it was green to blue (cybernetic). But, that may be a second player color, at least I hope it is, which means all the colors are still intact. In any case, I don't know of any official statement on a change, or why it was blue.

Gamer68

Fujin!
This is a comparison of the "Fatality" logo, as well as the "[Character] Wins" text and the design under that.

As you can see, the "Fatality" logo is completely different. It used to be basic text with a texture over it, but now it's bold text with a line running through each letter (do you see what I mean?). The spacing between the letters are reduced. The "[Character] Wins" text color is less bright. The design under that used to be a simple line that would fade, but now is a totally different design.

This is a comparison of the HUD.

First up: the Health Meter. It used to be longer, going to the end of the screen. But now it has been reduced. It also used to be almost at the top of the screen, but they lowered it. The health bar has little chips taken away from the top of it, just to give it a little bit more design. However, the old one had little chips taken out of it, while the new one has bigger chips taken out of it. The health bar used to be a brighter white, but it is now darker. It is also now some-what transparent.

Next is the Stamina Meter. It used to be thinner and dark. But now it is thicker, brighter, more of a yellow color (it used to be grey), and is overall more noticeable. Which is good...

Last but not least; the positioning of the character names and variation names under the Health Bar. The positioning is pretty much the same; it is right under the end of the Health Bar. But, since the Health Bar size was reduced, the names have been pushed over some. Like with the other text in the game, the color of the name text is now darker. All the text is also some-what transparent. The logo of the variation is also transparent now.