What's new

Mortal Kombat Karnage - The latest demo

Holy jesus, thats the best flash fighting game I've played in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

I Could say that this is better than the Mortal Kombat Project (Mortal Kombat Mugen)... i prefer this version... more playable...more UMK3 xD...New Moves, a good and soft control, good and usefull moves.. but need more (off course they are working on it) like put a run button... put option (to configure the controller) for thos who like to use WSAD and numbers xD (like me) and and got a question... Is there a fatality list? xD i want to do a fatality xD LOL

JP,P,P,P, aaP, JP, Slide

JP, PPP, JP, JP, aaP, Slide

JP,PPP,aaP,aaRH

JP,PPP,aaP, JP, K

some combos i discovered with subzero XD

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Very fluid, I am trying to find infinites =) It plays similarly to the 3D MKs, it's actually pretty interesting.

yea I had discovered the slide and freeze, but konqrr I thought the slide was bbf k? as i couldn't get it to come out with just one back.

EDIT: no you were right it was bfk.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I sent a long email to the guy who is making that extensive MUGEN game right now but he never responded. I wanted to help him out.

Sometimes when you do Noob's fatality the screen will go dark and the fatality will not be performed and you have to reset the game. I think it has something to do with the exact distance you are away from the character. Not sure yet.

Noob's Freeze = DF P

Noobs Teleport = DD K

Fatality: Head Rip = FDF P

As far as I can tell so far Noob does not have a popup. Crazy kombos are available with Kitana though.

It seems like its Hard to pull of Noob's fatal without the glitch happening. In fact I have only successfully gotten the head rip on Noob Saibot himself and not Kitana or Sub. Anyone else landed it on somebody other then Noob?

I just figured out Kitanas Fatality.

Wave Punch: BF P
Fan Lift : BB P
Fan Throw : FF P
Fatality Head Slice: DDDD P

Kitana Kombo

PPKKK, Fan Lift, JK, JK, JK, aaP, aaP

You can Mix up Kitana's Kombo alot. The fatality looks very cool since the Decapitations look like they do in MK2. (head rolls, blood flys)

Just discovered Sub Zero's fatality, that covers them all. He performs his Ice Shower and a huge brick of ice falls from the sky crushing the opponent. This can be performed anywheres from sweep distance to far away. The glitch happens alot though where the screen will go dark and nothing happens.

Ice Block : FFBD P

RoGE

Noob
You guys should give him suggestions, I gave him a link to this topic containing the infinite combo's, he may just register here for suggestions.
LOL some of you should be beta testers for the guy, I mean, I only posted this for a few days and already you are finding some glitches, good job guys!

Well we haven't so much found glitches other then Fatalities not working 90% of the time and that is a problem with the programming not that we "found" a glitch really.

Subs fatal I have only gotten to work fully twice. I wonder if it is a problem with the stage you are on.

EDIT: the problem with Subs Infinite is that the autocombo can keep repeating itself as long as you don't add the last button to cause the popup or roundhouse, this is just a problem with programming that I'm sure will be fixed. I haven't and I don't think anyone has found a true juggle infinite yet.

Has anyone discovered how to perform Noob's shadow run grab thing? I only know freeze and telekick so far.

Also Kitana's leg throw is still not found I don't think.

The creator of this should definately register here. The best input they can supply over at MKO is "OMG you can push the body on the ground" or "OMG it doesn't say finish her against kitana"

Where as here, we can give the guy some constructive criticism from people who know the world of MK.

I just finished playing the game again and it appears to have been updated. Fatalities are working 100% of the time for me now. Noob Saibot can now perform his head rip fatality from anywhere on screen (he runs up to the body)

TheRagingStorm said:
It's still a good combo.
Thanks mate, I just wanted to create it to show the person making this game the kind of stuff that is possible that he might think about during construction of the game :)

EDIT: Kitana's Leg Throw is DD K

and her wave punch can be performed in the air when you jump :)

TimsMK

Noob
Hey everyone, I'm the guy makin this.

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for their comments so far, they've been really useful!

I'll cover what everybody's been asking so far:

1 - for those who prefer controls different to those that are set up at the moment, there will be an option to change the controls to anything you like.

2 - you'll have to forgive me but what is aaP? I understand all the others, but not that one :-P.

3 - Sub's infinite. The string PPKKK can be blocked anywhere up until the first kick (so it can be stopped), but the AI at the moment doesn't know how to block, so yes it is an infinite at this stage.
Incidentally, doing the string B+K,K,K is the guarenteed infinite as after the first kick connects it cannot be interrupted.
This will be fixed. The ice kick is meant to have a significant time delay before you can do it again after doing it once.

4 - I've just uploaded a new version yesterday that should have fixed all of the fatality problems - though I have noticed that Sub-Zero's (very rarely) still freezes and I'm not sure why yet :-S. Still, they should for the most part be working correctly now.

5 - the last throw, Noob's Shadow Rush is D,D,F,K incase anyone was interested :-P.

6 - I'm hoping to incorporate throw escapes as well - if they work out that is.

7 - the AI at the moment needs a fair amount of work. It cannot yet block. It can jump, but only straight up and it doesn't attack you at all when you're on the floor. You could stay lieing down for ever and it wouldn't move a muscle.

8 - undecided if there will be stages with deathtraps/multi-tiered arenas yet.

9 - EDIT: forgot about this one. Kitana. I was aware that she's capable of some pretty "long" stuff, though had no idea quite as much as you guys found. Her damage may be reduced, or her properties altered to cap this a little.

Sooooo... yeah think that's about it.
Thanks to everyone again, and to Iori for posting this over here in the first place.
Any suggestions/comments/help feel free :).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
My first questions are

1. How far can you take this?
2. How far are you willing to take this?
3. How much technical input are you willing to accept?

I can imagine you have many of your own ideas, but I am just curious as to how deep a flash game can be. Is it a matter of the programming you put into it or are there loading limits etc that would make things impossible or too much programming/large amounts of data to calculate through? An MK game with good AI to play against would be a lot of fun but I think many people would only play it if it is like MK. I have noted to people that even though there is much to it yet, it plays similarly to the 3D MKs.

IM me sometime but just let me know it's you in case I'm not around, I'd like to talk to you about things real time. My AIM is available in my profile.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The aa in any aaHP, aaLP, aaHK or aaLK stands for anti-air.

And good choice coming to this site. There isnt a better MK message board on the web, thanks to the MK masterminds here.

EDIT- It would be in your most bestest interest to listen to Shock. He is a MK Professor :D