What's new

Mortal Kombat & Injustice Net Play Rant

I have a great connection with some people and a bad one with others. When I had 50 down 40 up I still had a bad connection against you, and a flawless one against say, Mr Aquaman. Maybe it's just you Joe.
Your ping might be somewhat high is my guess. But Yeah, i do agree with your post before that one.

9_Lives

Noob
Aquaman b1, 2 and b2 becomes a legit mixup online. Can't respond in time online. It's ridiculous. I hate nrs online. Reason I've played more KI in the last week than both MK and IGAU combined in the last 2 months.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Agree wholeheartedly with PL here, I really want fg games to have better netcode just because i'm not always able to play at my local scene or only play every few days as i'm stuck in practice mode.

trufenix

bye felicia
Oh, hey NRS. Didn't see you there. Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question while you're on your way to the dollar sign bag store? Did you know your netcode is ass? Did you know other games have better netcode? Whats that? You did it on purpose? You didn't think online play even mattered? Hmm. But, don't you know your fans want better netcode? Yeah, really, like the entire internet. It's like, the one thing we agree on. There's even this thing called GGPO. I don't know how it works or where you get it, but every other fighting game has it and they're all way better. Yup, all of them. Somehow, just putting GGPO in your game makes online play better, even if its a shitty 2 button 1 hit game. You hadn't heard of that? Wow. There's threads and posts about it all the time everywhere on every fucking website ever. Seriously. Even the Washington Post wrote an article about your shitty pc netplay. Really weird that you hadn't heard it by now. Two games in a row, with all those copies sold and tournaments you show up at and interviews you do, I gotta believe it would have come up y'know? Honestly, it doesn't even seem like you're trying. Oh, you're not? Too busy working on more guest characters and rigging DLC polls to notice? Well, I guess that makes sense. You are all about the money over there. Don't post on community forums or read tweets or anything. It's really a shame. Well, glad to finally make you aware of this rarely documented dysfunction in your games. Hope you do something about it in MKX, but its cool if you don't, I'm gonna buy it either way.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If you guys think "landing combos" is the issue with online you're lost.
80% of the people that play IGAU believe combos are everything.
:eek:
It's still a part of the problem though, even if combos isn't everything. Dropping important followups and eating wakeups, then losing by 5% because you dropped something is not fun.

MK9 PC netcode is so good. Playing that game on PC after suffering through the netcode on the consoles is like a flipping miracle.
I don't think it's different. My guess is that servers PC version uses are less loaded or better placed for you, I dunno.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

A good netcode can only do so much when someone's connection is ass (i.e. mine). =P
True that. Especially aggravating when bandwidth is getting wasted on unneeded always-on mic, and your platform has no online FG culture (if I had backup kidney I'd bet it that the majority of PC players are still sitting on crappy wireless routers).

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Oh, hey NRS. Didn't see you there. Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question while you're on your way to the dollar sign bag store? Did you know your netcode is ass? Did you know other games have better netcode? Whats that? You did it on purpose? You didn't think online play even mattered? Hmm. But, don't you know your fans want better netcode? Yeah, really, like the entire internet. It's like, the one thing we agree on. There's even this thing called GGPO. I don't know how it works or where you get it, but every other fighting game has it and they're all way better. Yup, all of them. Somehow, just putting GGPO in your game makes online play better, even if its a shitty 2 button 1 hit game. You hadn't heard of that? Wow. There's threads and posts about it all the time everywhere on every fucking website ever. Seriously. Even the Washington Post wrote an article about your shitty pc netplay. Really weird that you hadn't heard it by now. Two games in a row, with all those copies sold and tournaments you show up at and interviews you do, I gotta believe it would have come up y'know? Honestly, it doesn't even seem like you're trying. Oh, you're not? Too busy working on more guest characters and rigging DLC polls to notice? Well, I guess that makes sense. You are all about the money over there. Don't post on community forums or read tweets or anything. It's really a shame. Well, glad to finally make you aware of this rarely documented dysfunction in your games. Hope you do something about it in MKX, but its cool if you don't, I'm gonna buy it either way.
^this!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It's still a part of the problem though, even if combos isn't everything. Dropping important followups and eating wakeups, then losing by 5% because you dropped something is not fun.

I don't think it's different. My guess is that servers PC version uses are less loaded or better placed for you, I dunno.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

True that. Especially aggravating when bandwidth is getting wasted on unneeded always-on mic, and your platform has no online FG culture (if I had backup kidney I'd bet it that the majority of PC players are still sitting on crappy wireless routers).
I play @CcTrust who is in Vegas and I am in Ohio. Extremely clean connection that I never experienced with the console version.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
i wish you would stop saying this. i have mk on pc and it is precisely 0 times better than console. i also have igau on console/pc. myself and my friends have the same experience no matter what system.

disclaim your posts with *results may vary
I dunno man, I can only go off my experience and people I have talked to who I play the game with. On a good connection I can anti-air with Smoke's d1 and I could never do that on either console version unless it was more luck than skill.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
on pc version i play with Multiple people that the connection is astounding! literally feels like offline compared to console.
I can verify this. Seattle to Vegas. The only slowdowns we have are due to my hardware.