What's new

Mortal Kombat / Blood Storm (Mugen)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
LOL@ Dr. Doom voices in - Inferno(New Char) Vs Reiko(Mk4)

Lame is a good word for it, because there's so much effort put into the look and the effects, etc, but the gameplay looks like total ass. It'll be basically, learn every combo, learn every fatality, listen to every sound and music, and then there's no game to keep you coming for more once that's over. The new moves are out of control and unbalanced for MK standards and there's no reason to take things to an MvC2 level because that's not MK.

Looks cool, isn't going to be fun if you can ever play people in it.

Shock said:
Looks cool, isn't going to be fun if you can ever play people in it.
damn, that is so true, because i'll be the only one playing it, and you'll eventually read CPU like a book when you get used to it!

ilovepoop said:
i guess i'm the only one whom think it looks extremely lame
I probably know where you're comming from with this, it's Mugen, they're all lame, but one that looks as good as this got my props.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well it is obvious no one knows how to program a reasonable fighting engine for MK. You can add stuff to it to make it faster, add more options but everyone goes overboard and makes it like a Capcom game, or misses fundamental that prevent easy infs and don't hurt the flow.

only thing that i seen in the few video's that i have watched was the kung lao hat sticking into a blocked hit, only thing i liked in all those crap videos

RoGE

Noob
well, you really can't judge if its broken or not until you played it, who knows, there might be more to the system then you guys think.

Iori9 said:
well, you really can't judge if its broken or not until you played it, who knows, there might be more to the system then you guys think.
haha, ur stupid, u can't judge if a game is broken by watching videos, take lets say me, i didn't play MKT until about December of 06, but i had been playing UMK3 since september, and after watching the stupid noob video you can tell the game is broken without playing it

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Actually poop, Noob is broken, not the game. Rain is also pretty broken. Kung Lao is overpowered and too fast.

RoGE

Noob
ilovepoop said:
Iori9 said:
haha, ur stupid, u can't judge if a game is broken by watching videos, take lets say me, i didn't play MKT until about December of 06, but i had been playing UMK3 since september, and after watching the stupid noob video you can tell the game is broken without playing it

Y-O-U is not too hard to type you know :p

Yes, I understand that, but there really has not been any super broken combo video of this yet has there? Yes MKT is broken but it was not til after the release that people realized it was (maybe before because of rain, noob, and the bosses were in it but that was the only hint, this game may do something different with them).

I am sure if you could keep uppercutting them, then he would have kept doing it himself (but you guys could be right about that uppercutting inf). The game itself is not even finished and the point I was trying to get at was if the game is not even released then why even judge it? The MKT combo video's were released after the game was even released anyway.

Sir-Jabs-Alot said:
I love the sound fx 8)

Wish midway would make a new 2d mk :( oh well.
I believe the vast majority of members in this forum has already made that same wish, lol.

And yes, the sound effects are leet. Almost sounds like the fourth 2D MK game in development.

RoGE

Noob
Scheisse said:
Iori9 said:
The game itself is not even finished and the point I was trying to get at was if the game is not even released then why even judge it? The MKT combo video's were released after the game was even released anyway.
Okay, I guess we will just sit here keeping our opinions to ourselves, completely ignoring the obvious flaws in the game. I'm sure that is what the videos were intended for anyway.
opinions are opinions but saying what the game play is before its actually released and unfinished just don't make since to me, I am not trying to flame anyone here.

Tim Static

Adminerator
TheRagingStorm said:
Sir-Jabs-Alot said:
I love the sound fx 8)

Wish midway would make a new 2d mk :( oh well.
I believe the vast majority of members in this forum has already made that same wish, lol.

And yes, the sound effects are leet. Almost sounds like the fourth 2D MK game in development.
I'd give my left nut for a new 2-D MK. Ok, ok...my right one too. I'm done reproducing. :shock:

yea it looks like they have somewhat of a fast uppecut recovery in the corner.....but yea i caught the random sounds from capcom vs snk's evil ryu coming from kung lao.....very nice looking tho......it remins me of mk2 with a touch of some mvc dunno how itll turn out...

I don't like the gameplay either, MKP 4.1 has a crappy gameplay and this project uses that enginee, so... crappy game.

Nevertheless it does have some interesting stuff like the front and backward roll technique wich I really think it would increase MK playability, this should be used in MKP... or at least I would like the MKP to have it.

It has excellent special effects, and those guys are really good at editing stages, like The Pit... completelly remastered it's a piece of art, and the dark of the overal game is real good.

This idea of them of putting "new" characters I don't like because all of them are invented in about 5 minutes, palletes swap of robots and poor characters... the best is Reiko, still this is a weak point... they're only two guys I believe... so I understand that, a good efford wich has inspired the MKP Team in new directions.

RoGE

Noob
I did not realize this, but the full title is actualy Mortal Kombat 2 bloodstorm.

check out his newest videos http://youtube.com/user/bruninholc
Whats with the bad comments? this is 300X better then anything Mortal Kombat Project has accomplish so don't compare to that trash.
The gameplay is even more awesome then the original MK2 :twisted:
I am glad they actually did something with one of the crappiest MK engines of all time and turned it into something actually playable then that turtle game.

Iori9 said:
I did not realize this, but the full title is actualy Mortal Kombat 2 bloodstorm.

check out his newest videos http://youtube.com/user/bruninholc
Whats with the bad comments? this is 300X better then anything Mortal Kombat Project has accomplish so don't compare to that trash.
The gameplay is even more awesome then the original MK2 :twisted:
I am glad they actually did something with one of the crappiest MK engines of all time and turned it into something actually playable then that turtle game.
I actually like that new pit. sort of a different approach with something that is not done with an uppercut. (I know we already get that in the UMKT Hack and in MKD and MKA, it's just cool to watch.).