What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Servers Being Migrated From Gamespy

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Yes, the vita version is smoother online then the 360/PS3 iterations of the game. This is bullshit.
Now forgive me if they did eventually patch it, but isn't it literally a broken port of the game where they messed up a chunk of the cast just trying to "fix" Jax? Is there really much point to Vita version?

So do we have an idea of when this server migration will be finished? In all honesty I don't really have my hopes up for much improvement besides maybe matchmaking and games not dropping as much (KotH on PC was unplayable imo because it crashed 90% of the time), but it's still cool that they're not just dropping the online completely. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

CRKFIEND

Noob
Now forgive me if they did eventually patch it, but isn't it literally a broken port of the game where they messed up a chunk of the cast just trying to "fix" Jax? Is there really much point to Vita version?

So do we have an idea of when this server migration will be finished? In all honesty I don't really have my hopes up for much improvement besides maybe matchmaking and games not dropping as much (KotH on PC was unplayable imo because it crashed 90% of the time), but it's still cool that they're not just dropping the online completely. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
No idea if they ever patched the game. To my knowledge it was the same Komplete Edition that launched everywhere else. There may have been minor character specific issues that I'm unaware of, but the game ran better online then both the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. Providing people had a decent network connection ;)

Calling the game broken is far from the truth.

Last edited:

Spencer

Always Training
did they really have to sacrifice the ps vita I just bought it 2 weeks ago and I love mk on it. this Sucks so bad:mad:

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Do you guys think there is any chance the chat room will return now? It would be awesome if it did.
I always wonder why that doesn't work on both consoles but on pc it does. Then I think about what i use to see typed in those rooms on the console compared to the pc and i understand why. To many imature people. Did they ever say why the chat was killed?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
God No. Chat room should stay banned. The amount of racist filth people say in it is disgusting and people used to put chat bots in those rooms to keep rooms open when players leave as well as spying on public conversations.

Spencer

Always Training
Netherealm Studios theirs still a lot of people who people on the Ps vita I barely play on my 360 now that I got a vita its pretty fucked up to take online play from people with vitas.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
NRS are not taking online play away. Gamespy are closing their servers. NRS and Gamespy are two different companies.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
God No. Chat room should stay banned. The amount of racist filth people say in it is disgusting and people used to put chat bots in those rooms to keep rooms open when players leave as well as spying on public conversations.
I fully agree with you but i never knew people had chatbots in the rooms lol. In the PC rooms it seems a bit more mature but its also a ghost town at times sadly.
Netherealm Studios theirs still a lot of people who people on the Ps vita I barely play on my 360 now that I got a vita its pretty fucked up to take online play from people with vitas.
I haven't had a vita in sometime and plan on buying one again soon however I did have MK9 on vita at launch and played it for hours online. I use to practice on the subway at times. The online from what I remember was good but i do remember match making/rank taking more and more time to find a match during the day. I still think the online servers should be saved via a patch and it kinda annoys me that this is being canned considering the online is very good on the vita. I am glad the pc version is not being canned though for online at least.

lol dude I think its fucking hilarious. There's a bunch of 12 year olds still on MK vs DC talking mad shit like the game is relevant. So fucking stupid.

ryublaze

Noob
I liked chatrooms. They made setting up matches, clan wars and online tournaments easier. You could just ignore the randoms, they still send you hatemail anyways in private messages. What I want NRS to do with the next game is to let us be able to set up private lobbies to avoid randoms and such. Would make things much easier for our community.

I liked chatrooms. They made setting up matches, clan wars and online tournaments easier. You could just ignore the randoms, they still send you hatemail anyways in private messages. What I want NRS to do with the next game is to let us be able to set up private lobbies to avoid randoms and such. Would make things much easier for our community.
They should make rooms that require a password or some shit lol and make it only available on tym

ryublaze

Noob
They should make rooms that require a password or some shit lol and make it only available on tym
yea that's what i was thinking. private rooms with passwords and/or let any1 in the room invite whoever on their friends list. For TYM, I wish they would make a default room just for TYM and call it TestYourMight or something. That way people wouldn't have to keep making 0TYM rooms all the time and anyone can join whenever.

yea that's what i was thinking. private rooms with passwords and/or let any1 in the room invite whoever on their friends list. For TYM, I wish they would make a default room just for TYM and call it TestYourMight or something. That way people wouldn't have to keep making 0TYM rooms all the time and anyone can join whenever.
That's a awesome idea yeah everyone put 0 so they could be at the top of the list right?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
DUDE it is so bad. I was trying to play it a couple of months ago and literally some of Subs strings don't even fucking link, and the game already feels like you're playing on the goddamn moon but online is like 100x worse lol
I bought MK VS DC a month before injustice to try it out again because its been yrs. I tried it again a few months ago also and I lmao at the shit people were saying in the rooms. In regards to the private rooms I like the idea and a key would be great.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
DUDE it is so bad. I was trying to play it a couple of months ago and literally some of Subs strings don't even fucking link, and the game already feels like you're playing on the goddamn moon but online is like 100x worse lol
Adapt dude. I haven't played vs dc since 2010. Most people overuse up + 2 bounce and don't realize it damage scales kombos. Try ending with that ice brick thing off 3 when netcode sucks as his teleport becomes predictable. Or you could ground them and pop them back up with Rage abuse. Depends how dirty you are.

I bought MK VS DC a month before injustice to try it out again because its been yrs. I tried it again a few months ago also and I lmao at the shit people were saying in the rooms. In regards to the private rooms I like the idea and a key would be great.
Hahaha yeah

yup. which sucks for injustice cuz there are so many default rooms for injustice that nobody ever uses and only 1 custom made lobby is shown at the bottom of the list unless you scroll down.
I never really used the rooms to begin with, most of the people in them are just shit players that play scrubs for wins.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I fully agree with you but i never knew people had chatbots in the rooms lol. In the PC rooms it seems a bit more mature but its also a ghost town at times sadly.

I haven't had a vita in sometime and plan on buying one again soon however I did have MK9 on vita at launch and played it for hours online. I use to practice on the subway at times. The online from what I remember was good but i do remember match making/rank taking more and more time to find a match during the day. I still think the online servers should be saved via a patch and it kinda annoys me that this is being canned considering the online is very good on the vita. I am glad the pc version is not being canned though for online at least.
During MK vs DC's lifespan some people hacked the servers. I have no association with them but when salty people find power and abuse it, the kommunity suffers