What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Servers Being Migrated From Gamespy

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
good stuff NRS.

id love if there was a improvement to the old netplay from the switch,
being able to AA be nice (when a 7 frame spin cant do it your know your in trouble lol)

CRKFIEND

Noob
Those pieces of SHIT! I spent good money on MK Vita, and thoroughly enjoy it. It's primarily the way I play MK. Vita owners get so shit on. I'm not happy at fucking all. Disgusting move NRS.

Seriously, this game just hit two years old, and just two days ago I played DOZENS of ranked matches. They can't say it's lack of players.

Fuckers...

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
As positive news as this is, I simply can't help but think.. why now? why not a couple years ago when people were begging for a better online? if this was always a possibility I'm a little dissapointed it's only just coming into fruition now, MK could have been alot stronger for scenes globally if the online was an actual viable practising tool.

Of course this only applies if the online actually improves, if it stays just as bad or even gets work then I'm just whining about nothing.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
As positive news as this is, I simply can't help but think.. why now? why not a couple years ago when people were begging for a better online? if this was always a possibility I'm a little dissapointed it's only just coming into fruition now, MK could have been alot stronger for scenes globally if the online was an actual viable practising tool.

Of course this only applies if the online actually improves, if it stays just as bad or even gets work then I'm just whining about nothing.
They are doing it now because they literally have to, it's either that or just let the online shut off. The PC version is still sorta new, and people still play and buy the console version, would be a real EA move to just let it shut off.

Now I'm not an expert in how this stuff works, but gamespy is just a hosting service for servers, mostly for matchmaking, MK is still going to use the same netcode it always has, so outside of maybe stability, the online should still be the same. Though I hope I'm wrong and it at least gets a little better.

Though I'm a bit confused, I don't recall the xbox version using gamespy, I thought it used the standard xbox live servers for it's matchmaking.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

I'm assuming it's because they had a contract with gamespy and were bound to it. You know, legal mumbo jumbo.

As long as mk is online the Quanfather will continue to woolay!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Would they be able to run GGPO on this engine? From what I've known, GGPO is really only good for 2d fighters. but I dont really know :/
GGPO works for 3D games. SFxT uses a netcode based on it, and a couple arcade titles in Japan use it for cross-arcade play.

E

Eldriken

You americans are so soft

I played MK online vs a dude from finland in shitty PS3 connection and shitty Greek internet and we regularly landed anti crossups and punished pokes.
Hey. HEY. That should read "SOME of you Americans are so soft." Not all of us are. >=/