What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Ranting Thread

if a noob use kano, and he just do knife and upball he can win lot of figts also against good player!
that is in no other fighting game!
overpowered specials, braindead ez combos, and ez braindead 41% xray

worse is a good player using kano ;)

a noob would beat tom brady with kano, if he is not super careful :D
;)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder what the MK team/NRS would think about this thread, they'd get a good laugh out of it I'm sure.

cyke_out

Noob
if a noob use kano, and he just do knife and upball he can win lot of figts also against good player!
that is in no other fighting game!
overpowered specials, braindead ez combos, and ez braindead 41% xray

worse is a good player using kano ;)

a noob would beat tom brady with kano, if he is not super careful :D
;)
How cute, a scrub is trying to justify his loses by saying it's the game or the character's fault, instead of looking at what he is doing wrong and getting better.

Keep living in your imaginary land, the real world won't be so kind to your fragile ego.

hey, thats the opinion of a lot of ppl.

i know that is stupid, the same shit with blanka hate in ssf4..
but: if a compare blanka with kano..
better i dont say nothing more :D

I main rog in SSF4 and blanka was broken to anyone who did have a projectile to spice thing up. Ever see a blanka gief match? Its lols.

Also at eh time i wrote the post i wasnt aware of kano's nerfs. I repeatedly said this so anyone attacking me still must be brain dead and need to stop beating the dead horse.

@Zebster You are quite the retard.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
going back to the original topic, do you guys think having gravity on air hits would be a good idea? Like SfxTkkn?

Also think alot more ppl's main attacks should be cancable

I don't know if this would be the place to put this or not. But I really wish that Skarlett and the rest of the DLC characters had there own place in the Necropolis. I don't mind buying the DLC and supporting the game and all., but I feel as tough I only recieved half the package. No stats, bio or ending that can be accesed.

cyke_out

Noob
I don't know, but I like it.

Maybe people will stop trolling the kano section and just keep all thier whining in here.

Hell, I think every character sub-forum needs a thread like this.

- MK doesn't need guest character and Skarlet :boohoo: .
no we just don't need guest characters. skarlet is fine. she was created by the mk team for mk. kratos is just somebody they threw in the game to get god of war fanboys interested and get immature kids to complain about not having master chief or marcus fenix.

Danno

Noob
Just took second place at a local tourney with Kano. I played some good matches but lost twice to the same guy playing smoke. How do you guys play a smoke character? Couldnt use a single knife without a parry and everytime i got close he would jump kick in then throw or tele then throw. I was locked down.

THanks for any help guys

Just took second place at a local tourney with Kano. I played some good matches but lost twice to the same guy playing smoke. How do you guys play a smoke character? Couldnt use a single knife without a parry and everytime i got close he would jump kick in then throw or tele then throw. I was locked down.

THanks for any help guys
I would refrain from projectiles against Smoke, unless it's a once-or-twice a round surprise thing. I main Smoke, and any projectile-heavy player is going to eat Shake many times.

Coming from the difficulty I have with Kano, the Upball should still be a good tool against preventing JK to Throw, and using the jump-Down Ball should close the gap. A range fight will not be in your favor, unless you can catch him with the straight ball while he pelts Smoke Bombs.

On Smoke's wakeup, a telepunch comes out wicked fast. Enhanced Shake and Enhanced Smoke away are also possibilities, to either gain distance or prevent physical pressure. When you are coming to a wakeup, block high so he doesn't launch you into another pop-up string while you are on the ground (lots of overheads).

DanCock

Cock Master!!
how about let sindel special cancel after her Back kick attack, i dont even care if we cant scream after but how about being able to to use step up and her fireballs.. she'll never be able to compete in high level tourney play with out this..

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Yeah they clearly dropped the ball for training mode. The guys that worked on the training mode should be fired imo lol.

I'm not even kidding, come on guys that's simple market/competition analysis 101. You see what your competitors (SF4, Marvel, Tekken, VF, DOA etc) have done with training mode and GUI and you do BETTER, not worst lol. How hard is it?

Please hire me for your next games NRS, at least I know my shit unlike 60% of your crew. :p
I was in the game industry for 3 years and I am now a software developer for an energy company. Trust me when I say this, the developers know what needs to be done to make a better training mode, AI, what have you. It's not about knowing, it's about convincing the management types to give you the time to do it. The mentality of a game developer is, "How can I make a better game?", while the mentality of the manager is, "How can I, in the shortest amount of time and least amount of people, make a game that will sell?" And it's not the developers that is in charge. Make your own conclusions.

oZii

Noob
My my how times have changed and opinions of this game since the good ol Tier Discussion thread (R.I.P) and that was just a month ago. Maybe my man Vulcan can back brief me.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Instead of patching the netcode...

Fix the damn connectivity display!
The four damn dots are always frakkin green!:rant2:
No matter how crappy the connection is!
To make us think MK online is really good? Dunno.

I played SC4 online a lot, there were some really laggy matches to have, especially because there was no region lock.* But i could see before the match!
Because the display worked. Mostly.

In MK online i often play a few matches before i realize how bad the connection really is, which sux.
There are really ok matches to have in MK9 online but because the display doesn't work i mostly end up in a lagfest of the horrible sort.

*Region lock: there seems to be one because i don't seem to be able to fight america, but i can fight versus australia? From germany? Are you kiddin me?