What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 In Theory.

Subby Z

Noob
Other than being a 3D MK fanatic, the reason why I think they're gonna push back in this direction is simple: evidence.

Armageddon was basically a gigantic fucking question mark on the face of MK chronology.
There were so many loops and inconsistencies left unanswered for and unexplained that were never returned to or re-established, even with the whole epic battle at the foot of the Pyramid scheme, you still for the most part had not a fucking clue what was going on, especially going by all the already left-open loose ends of Deception.
The time loops of MKD Konquest aside, it was a great story, great archs, captivating dramatic rivalry everywhere (albeit there was some goofy shit to be had, but even so), and MKA basically said "Fuck everything that just happened, you are now to completely focus on these two guys you've never heard of, and say hello to all the already-established characters who are doing shit that has absolutely nothing to do with what they were doing the last time you saw them."
MK10 presents the perfect opportunity to take that entire era, turn it on its head, and re-establish it in a much more respectable, epic manner, and there've already been huge clues left scattered throughout that they'll be going back to that particular drawing board, from the appearances of Havik, Bo Rai Cho, to the various depictions of the 6 realms along the way up the Challenge Tower, to the return of Kenshi, to Daegon, Frost and Tanya fighting in the Pit, etc...why would they risk spinning MK in a new direction when they already have an entire meta-universe and an entire cast of already-established extras ready to go? Especially with the opportunity, as I said, to present them in a much more emphatic manner to a much more advanced, bloodthirsty, and captivation-seeking audience that would likely be enthralled and eager to leap in were the mistakes to be corrected and said universe and cast to be made as good as MK9's?
I'm not sure I undertand what direction do you think NRS is pushing too? Personally, I don't know if I want them to push back in a direction like Armageddon. I loved Everything from MK1-MK: Deception. Armageddon was just a no.

Just look at the new characters compared from Armageddon to MK9. Skarlet feels like she fits in the MK universe. Everything about her says that she belongs in MK. I have never seen more generic fighters than Taven and Daegon in Armageddon though. It was like the said hey here is new good guy, and new bad guy. It was so sloppy. So, they need to change the direction they were heading in.

I like the six realms, and having them allows NRS to pull characters with different backgrounds into the mix besides just Earthrealm, Outworld, and the netherrealm. I think the Dragon King could even be re-imagined. Possibly Blaze from Armageddon could be a boss, but the character development and movesets that were being established in MK:Armageddon just needed to change.

Personally, some of the characters they showed in the pit need to go. I mean Frost and Daegon more than anything. Frost was always a copy and until she gets a change up she doesn't need to return. She needs to play like a rushdown character, and if she is going to work then they need to do away with cyber subz. I don't want Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, and Frost when personally I could be fine if it was just Sub-Zero. That's the thing with developing characters based around the same premise, we already have one that we like in Sub-Zero, so why create more ice based characters? Daegon was just generic like I've already discussed, he didn't even feel like he fit in the mortal kombat universe personally.

Anyway, specify please what you mean by the direction they are going in?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm not sure I undertand what direction do you think NRS is pushing too? Personally, I don't know if I want them to push back in a direction like Armageddon. I loved Everything from MK1-MK:Deception. Armageddon was just a no.

Just look at the new characters compared from Armageddon to MK9. Skarlet feels like she fits in the MK universe. Everything about her says that she belongs in MK. I have never seen more generic fighters than Taven and Daegon in Armageddon though. It was like the said hey here is new good guy, and new bad guy. It was so sloppy. So, they need to change the direction they were heading in.

I like the six realms, and having them allows NRS to pull characters with different backgrounds into the mix besides just Earthrealm, Outworld, and the netherrealm. I think the Dragon King could even be re-imagined. Possibly Blaze from Armageddon could be a boss, but the character development and movesets that were being established in MK:Armageddon just needed to change.

Personally, some of the characters they showed in the pit need to go. I mean Frost and Daegon more than anything. Frost was always a copy and until she gets a change up she doesn't need to return. She needs to play like a rushdown character, and if she is going to work then they need to do away with cyber subz. I don't want Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, and Frost when personally I could be fine if it was just Sub-Zero. That's the thing with developing characters based around the same premise, we already have one that we like in Sub-Zero, so why create more ice based characters? Daegon was just generic like I've already discussed, he didn't even feel like he fit in the mortal kombat universe personally.

Anyway, specify please what you mean by the direction they are going in?
Exactly what you're going for: revisit the old storyline, but remove all the retarded shit.
I think Taven and Daegon are inevitable because according to those old games, EVERYTHING that transpired was building up towards that final battle/the Pyramid & the contest, but my hopes are that they'll take that story and turn into something that isn't a complete groanfest/make it make sense.
I agree Taven was generic as FUCK. There was nothing inspiring about him at all, and the irrelevance of his ending just made it worse. But Daegon, I thought, was a pretty unique guy, how they built it so his accidental early awakening gave rise to both the Dragon Clans and everyone they produced (Kano, Kabal, etc.), so he seemed like an okay guy.

Subby Z

Noob
Exactly what you're going for: revisit the old storyline, but remove all the retarded shit.
I think Taven and Daegon are inevitable because according to those old games, EVERYTHING that transpired was building up towards that final battle/the Pyramid & the contest, but my hopes are that they'll take that story and turn into something that isn't a complete groanfest/make it make sense.
I agree Taven was generic as FUCK. There was nothing inspiring about him at all, and the irrelevance of his ending just made it worse. But Daegon, I thought, was a pretty unique guy, how they built it so his accidental early awakening gave rise to both the Dragon Clans and everyone they produced (Kano, Kabal, etc.), so he seemed like an okay guy.
Oh, Okay well I get you then.

I think that Armageddon should be avoided all together though, and have the birth of a new generation some years down the line.
Like the sons and daughters of other characters.

As for this generation though, we need to do away with the dumb shit. Cyber Subz included. I'm sorry guys I just can't get behind the idea. I have seen refrigerators freeze up way too many times, and it just goes to show that ice and mechanics do not go together. So, just the idea is retarded. Also I get it this is a new timeline, but that doesn't mean that everything from the old timeline should be forgotten because ya know some people like it. Especially Sub-Zero's storyline. I've seen so many people say that his storyline was one of the best of the old timeline. I feel that rebooting this timeline should have been used to make irrelevant characters relevant, which they didn't do, and leave the characters who already have something alone. Sub-Zero already had a good story going it didn't need tampered with. Characters like Reptile, Baraka, Sheeva, Noob (in the early days, Liu Kang, and Smoke all needed rebuilding. The only one out of that list that got it was Liu Kang and he died so what was the point? Thus, leading to my reasoning that Cyber Subz should be undone somehow and we need Kuai Liang back, he didn't need changed. I will be vocal about that as well because he's my favorite character. Smoke fans complained about Smoke being Cyber for years. NRS please don't let the same thing happen with Sub-Zero. Bring human subz back in MK10 we don't need this cyber mess. We have Sektor and Cyrax for that. If you need another cyber character then Hydro is free for the taking right now.

Also, I'm just going to make a list of characters I just really don't have hope for going forward.
Chameleon, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius, Frost, Hsu Hao, Jarek, Kobra, Meat, Mokap, Taven, Sheeva.

Honorable Mentions in that category (meaning they still have a little hope): Baraka, Stryker, Kira, Reptile, Khameleon

The first list I really don't even want to see again. The second need an overhaul asap or they risk becoming unrepairable.

New characters that could be explored for the future are also still Tremor, and I would personally not hate Nimbus Terrafaux being explored. I would like him to just be named Nimbus though.

Anyway tell me what you think Lt. Box.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think that Armageddon should be avoided all together though, and have the birth of a new generation some years down the line.
Like the sons and daughters of other characters.

As for this generation though, we need to do away with the dumb shit. Cyber Subz included. I'm sorry guys I just can't get behind the idea. I have seen refrigerators freeze up way too many times, and it just goes to show that ice and mechanics do not go together. So, just the idea is retarded. Also I get it this is a new timeline, but that doesn't mean that everything from the old timeline should be forgotten because ya know some people like it. Especially Sub-Zero's storyline. I've seen so many people say that his storyline was one of the best of the old timeline. I feel that rebooting this timeline should have been used to make irrelevant characters relevant, which they didn't do, and leave the characters who already have something alone. Sub-Zero already had a good story going it didn't need tampered with. Characters like Reptile, Baraka, Sheeva, Noob (in the early days, Liu Kang, and Smoke all needed rebuilding. The only one out of that list that got it was Liu Kang and he died so what was the point? Thus, leading to my reasoning that Cyber Subz should be undone somehow and we need Kuai Liang back, he didn't need changed. I will be vocal about that as well because he's my favorite character. Smoke fans complained about Smoke being Cyber for years. NRS please don't let the same thing happen with Sub-Zero. Bring human subz back in MK10 we don't need this cyber mess. We have Sektor and Cyrax for that. If you need another cyber character then Hydro is free for the taking right now.

Also, I'm just going to make a list of characters I just really don't have hope for going forward.
Chameleon, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius, Frost, Hsu Hao, Jarek, Kobra, Meat, Mokap, Taven, Sheeva.

Honorable Mentions in that category (meaning they still have a little hope): Baraka, Stryker, Kira, Reptile, Khameleon

The first list I really don't even want to see again. The second need an overhaul asap or they risk becoming unrepairable.

New characters that could be explored for the future are also still Tremor, and I would personally not hate Nimbus Terrafaux being explored. I would like him to just be named Nimbus though.

Anyway tell me what you think Lt. Box.
Point #1 = VERY interesting idea.

Point #2 = Agreed completely. If there's a way to bring back Human Kuai, do it. If not, if he HAS to be cybernetic, make him spooky or altered like the did with Smoke in Deception. ANYTHING to make him more unique.

Point #3 & 4= If it absolutely came down to it...Lose male Chameleon, keep Khameleon to replace Reptile as he'd be turned into Onaga, keep Daegon just because he's a fucking TANK, lose Dairou and Darrius but give them some storyline time if they carry on with the Seido story, keep Frost because the Lin Kuei need a leading lady, keep Hsu Hao but make him Zangief-ish in his stature and fightstyle, lose Jarek, kill Kobra and traumatize Kira with the experience, lose Meat and Mokap, if there's ANY way you can have Daegon without Taven, do it, make Sheeva strictly storyline, keep Baraka, and make Super Seido Stryker an eventual DLC.

Point #5: I am alllllll for new characters.

Subby Z

Noob
Point #1 = VERY interesting idea.

Point #2 = Agreed completely. If there's a way to bring back Human Kuai, do it. If not, if he HAS to be cybernetic, make him spooky or altered like the did with Smoke in Deception. ANYTHING to make him more unique.

Point #3 & 4= If it absolutely came down to it...Lose male Chameleon, keep Khameleon to replace Reptile as he'd be turned into Onaga, keep Daegon just because he's a fucking TANK, lose Dairou and Darrius but give them some storyline time if they carry on with the Seido story, keep Frost because the Lin Kuei need a leading lady, keep Hsu Hao but make him Zangief-ish in his stature and fightstyle, lose Jarek, kill Kobra and traumatize Kira with the experience, lose Meat and Mokap, if there's ANY way you can have Daegon without Taven, do it, make Sheeva strictly storyline, keep Baraka, and make Super Seido Stryker an eventual DLC.

Point #5: I am alllllll for new characters.
Ha! I could actually really dig the seido stryker thing. It would make him more interesting. Kira would not be traumatized at Kobra dying, i'm pretty sure her ending even hinted at her killing Kobra. I'm actually the opposite of you. I don't like either Taven or Daegon, but if one were to stay I'd have it be Taven. He at least has the whole time manipulation thing going for him, I don't even know what Daegon's schtick is besides bad guy who started the dragon clans. He has no established ability.

Also on Frost being the leading lady for the Lin Kuei, that spot is saved for Sareena. Kuai Liang was going to let her into the Lin Kuei if she proved herself to him in the old timeline. I think that should be explored once again. Frost can just be done away with. I could also see Kuai Liang being revived only for Frost to go to Sektor and ask to be automated creating cyber frost. That would make me interested in her.

I also agree on lose Chameleon if one has to go. Khameleon could act as a good guy trying to help Reptile see the error of his ways. They could then begin to rebuild their race. I'm opposed to having Onaga inhabit Reptile's body again, I could see it happening but I wouldn't like it. If that does happen then the main boss should just be Reptile, the dragon king. That would instantly make Reptile more relevant than he is now.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
CSZ died guys..... why do you think he didn't? When Raiden goes to Quan Chi in the Nertherrealm to negotiate.... CSZ was down there with Jax, Kitana, Jade, NW, Sindel, etc etc etc.

Subby Z

Noob
CSZ died guys..... why do you think he didn't? When Raiden goes to Quan Chi in the Nertherrealm to negotiate.... CSZ was down there with Jax, Kitana, Jade, NW, Sindel, etc etc etc.
Nah I know he's dead. You should read my other posts. I said the main reason that I believe they killed him was so that they could get around the whole cyber thing. Whether it be Sareena, or a body swap, or just reviving him somehow it will seem more logical for Sub-Zero to come back as a human now that he's dead.

Here's another theory I have. Kuai Liang was attacked by Cyrax in the beginning of his chapter and that wasn't even out in the open. Cyrax was going to bring him back to the Lin Kuei to be automated. So, why would sub-zero go out in the open in Kahn's arena where obviously Sektor and Cyrax will find him? Makes me think that maybe Sub-Zero pulled a switcheroo to get the Lin Kuei off of his back. It's just a theory though.

I think Human Subz will be in MK9 one way or the other though. Either he will be or I won't play it and in that case MK10 won't matter to me anyway. You better believe Scorpion's ass will be in MK10 in all of his glory so if Sub-Zero ain't there too then it's a no buy for me. I'm damn tired of that fiery bastard getting better treatment than Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero deserves to be there just as much as Scorpion does.

Subby Z

Noob
RomeoBravoDelta

I have to disagree. While Sub-Zero may be in more games, Scorpion gets better treatment as of late. First he beat Sub-Zero up in every video leading up to MK9, next the bookends, then on top of that Scorpion lived while Sub-Zero died in story mode. Scorpion is punching Sub-Zero on the title screen. Scorpion is the posterboy for NRS, he's on the logo. So I would say Scorpion does get better treatment, and if Sub-Zero gets left out of the next game then it will just further prove the point.

@STBCharlieMurphy

You really think Frost will be the reason that Sub-Zero will be brought back? Care to explain a little bit?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
RomeoBravoDelta

I have to disagree. While Sub-Zero may be in more games, Scorpion gets better treatment as of late. First he beat Sub-Zero up in every video leading up to MK9, next the bookends, then on top of that Scorpion lived while Sub-Zero died in story mode. Scorpion is punching Sub-Zero on the title screen. Scorpion is the posterboy for NRS, he's on the logo. So I would say Scorpion does get better treatment, and if Sub-Zero gets left out of the next game then it will just further prove the point.

@STBCharlieMurphy

You really think Frost will be the reason that Sub-Zero will be brought back? Care to explain a little bit?
Yeah.... She was his prize pupil... regardless of her motives.... she needs SZ.
It makes more sense in THIS story line to have HER bring him back.... whether she makes a deal.... or forces Quan Chi's hand. He has BOTH SZ's in his grasp.... but I going to assume that Bi-Han is now Noob Saibot forever. I also feel that using Scorpion and Frost to get SZ would make an epic turnabout against Quan.... having Frost finish what Raiden almost completed.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It makes more sense in THIS story line to have HER bring him back.... whether she makes a deal.... or forces Quan Chi's hand. He has BOTH SZ's in his grasp.... but I going to assume that Bi-Han is now Noob Saibot forever. I also feel that using Scorpion and Frost to get SZ would make an epic turnabout against Quan.... having Frost finish what Raiden almost completed.
This post is full of win. Scorpion making amends with the non-evil, remorseful Sub rules.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This post is full of win. Scorpion making amends with the non-evil, remorseful Sub rules.
I think that MK4 and Deception characters will make the cut.
I think the story will NOT follow those two though.
I think more original storyline will be created to further the game .... using Shinnok as the main baddy.
Shinnok is trying to take over TWO realms if i'm not mistaken. I would lay money that the first part of the game revolves around him taking Outworld.... simply because they have no one to really protect it, and many characters that are easily manipulated. I also think that is how Liu Kang comes back.... vengeful as a motha fuka.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Frost is why SZ will be "brought" back. You can bank on that.

what do you mean by this? Explain please. :)

EDIT: NVM... saw your next post. lol ... that sounds like a good idea to me!

All I know is... 2 things MUST happen:

1. Human Sub has to be back in some form. No cyber please. Otherwise, MK is dead to me.

2. Shang needs to be brought back and be on the side of earthrealm this time. B/c how badass would that be?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
what do you mean by this? Explain please. :)

EDIT: NVM... saw your next post. lol ... that sounds like a good idea to me!

All I know is... 2 things MUST happen:

1. Human Sub has to be back in some form. No cyber please. Otherwise, MK is dead to me.

2. Shang needs to be brought back and be on the side of earthrealm this time. B/c how badass would that be?
think about the vengeful LK and the new Shang..... BINGO BaBY

Subby Z

Noob
I don't know I get that Frost was his prized pupil, but I don't see her siding with Subz. Especially if she's power hungry and we know Shinnok will promise her power. I just see her siding with evil.

Sareena seems like she would be the key to me instead of Frost. I mean she saved Sub-Zero from NOOB SAIBOT and Smoke. I highlight noob saibot because she went against bi-han to help kuai liang. Then Sub-Zero was going to let her join the lin kuei if she proved herself trustworthy. Her Armageddon ending also hinted at her gaining ice powers. Not that I think she's going to get ice powers, but it shows how connected she is storyline wise to Sub-Zero.

I'm going with Sareena being the one to help Sub-Zero come back.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't know I get that Frost was his prized pupil, but I don't see her siding with Subz. Especially if she's power hungry and we know Shinnok will promise her power. I just see her siding with evil.

Sareena seems like she would be the key to me instead of Frost. I mean she saved Sub-Zero from NOOB SAIBOT and Smoke. I highlight noob saibot because she went against bi-han to help kuai liang. Then Sub-Zero was going to let her join the lin kuei if she proved herself trustworthy. Her Armageddon ending also hinted at her gaining ice powers. Not that I think she's going to get ice powers, but it shows how connected she is storyline wise to Sub-Zero.

I'm going with Sareena being the one to help Sub-Zero come back.
you have to understand that while that storyline was great....
this storyline is not the same....

Subby Z

Noob
you have to understand that while that storyline was great....
this storyline is not the same....
I know the story has drastically changed. I mean my favorite character is a damn robot now.

However, their alignments shouldn't change all that much because I mean that's who they are as a person. There was nothing making frost be evil in the old timeline she just was. Same with Sareena, nothing made her good, she didn't have to help Sub-Zero but she did because she's good. People change, but usually not so drastically. If you're an arrogant arsehole it is going to take something drastic to change your ways. Same way if you are a really good person, it's going to be hard for people to get you to change. What I'm saying is that even though the story has changed, that doesn't mean the characters have. Frost should still be a backstabbing biznitch, and Sareena should still be the good person struggling with being a demon.

I get what you're saying, things are going to change, but I already knew that. I still think that if one of those two are responsible for Sub-Zero coming back it will most likely be Sareena. That's just my opinion though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Subzero can't be good,Bi han should only be looking to avenge his brother's cyberthingyation,he should take the LK back from sektroll,if noob gets separated from bisexual han then all that remains is neutral/good,basically a darker coloured kuai liang.

bi han should only help because he has to,vengeance should be what drives both scorpion and subzero,cyber sub will just be good.

besides,all the badass factor with bi han comes from the darker blue and the fact that he's a cold ass mofo who's powerful as fuck,make him a pretty little good ice cream ninja and you just ruined his infinite badassery.

Subby Z

Noob
Subzero can't be good,Bi han should only be looking to avenge his brother's cyberthingyation,he should take the LK back from sektroll,if noob gets separated from bisexual han then all that remains is neutral/good,basically a darker coloured kuai liang.

bi han should only help because he has to,vengeance should be what drives both scorpion and subzero,cyber sub will just be good.

besides,all the badass factor with bi han comes from the darker blue and the fact that he's a cold ass mofo who's powerful as fuck,make him a pretty little good ice cream ninja and you just ruined his infinite badassery.
Yeah, I don't want Bi-Han back as Sub-Zero. Plus isn't it established that he's Noob Saibot now?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, I don't want Bi-Han back as Sub-Zero. Plus isn't it established that he's Noob Saibot now?
Not after he got throwing in the soulnado,there's not a chance that he won't be back as the original subzero.

bi han is subzero,the real subzero,the cold and calculating one,kuai liang was the hero subzero,we need to see the evil one and how far the stronger brother will go to save his younger bro,the only reason kuai was stronger is because of le meddalion and being good and all,bi han as human again with the dragon meddalion and the lin kuei backing him will be pretty boss.

who knows,noob is a fan of the netherrealm,maybe he's gonna convince scorpion to take down the lin kuei.

Subby Z

Noob
Not after he got throwing in the soulnado,there's not a chance that he won't be back as the original subzero.

bi han is subzero,the real subzero,the cold and calculating one,kuai liang was the hero subzero,we need to see the evil one and how far the stronger brother will go to save his younger bro,the only reason kuai was stronger is because of le meddalion and being good and all,bi han as human again with the dragon meddalion and the lin kuei backing him will be pretty boss.

who knows,noob is a fan of the netherrealm,maybe he's gonna convince scorpion to take down the lin kuei.
But Bi Han is Noob Saibot. They aren't going to be seperated because they are the same person. Why do people keep thinking that Noob Saibot is like Venom or something?

The Dragon Medallion really isn't even in play anymore either. Sektor has it now. Also, if Bi Han was so badass as everyone likes to suggest then why does everyone want him to repeat Kuai Liang's story? TAking the dragon medallion, taking over the Lin Kuei are both huge parts of Kuai Liang's story. Nothing is boss about Bi Han besides the fact that he's the original and people can't let go of it. He was the main Sub-Zero in 1 game. Let me repeat that again 1, one, uno, that's it. Kuai Liang has been the main Sub-Zero for every game after that. Can people just let it go? Bi Han is Noob Saibot now.