What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 In Theory.

Subby Z

Noob
Errrmm...Hydro is pretty much another story.
But hows the story goes? So cybsub fights noob, wins, goes back to the hq where his ass got kicked badly but...when he died?
Sindel KO-d a few and killed. Jade had her heart ripped out, Kitana shown to die, Jax was kicked in the throat and pretty much died, Smokes neck was broken by her, Nightwolf took her into some portal thing and disappeared, but Cage, Sonya, and Cyber Sub just took a hard beating, CSZ werent even punched that bad, so...
Yes, he is shown with the other souls with Quan Chi but consider that his body is cybernetic, and his soul can be freed from the Neterhealm, this will likely happen in mk10, some of the dead cast must return, he have a good chance being there.
Exactly, but as a human. The fact that they showed a cyber body in the netherrealm makes about as much sense as having a whole story written and then writing over it with some new sh**. Wait a second.....

If all of these characters get brought back to life Sub-Zero should be human because first of all he's a soul. All of those guys fighting Raiden were souls. They don't have a body because their bodies were destroyed by Sindel. So, if they were to get a physical form back on Earth then it would be that of a natural form, which doesn't include cybernetics. If these characters get brought back the Elder Gods or whoever it is should easily be able to conjur up a new body for Sub-Zero. I'm also not ruling out Sareena as a possible candidate to help Sub-Zero get his human body back. There's just so many ways to bring him back as a human now that he's dead. That's honestly why I believe they killed him too. I will almost guarantee that if Sub-Zero didn't undergo that transformation, he wouldn't have died. He would have somehow been away from the group when the battle took place.

They can also pull out the Sub-Zero had a clone out of their a**es. They did it with Shao Kahn, and Goro has magically died and come back. I don't think that it is out of reach to say they may find a way to say it wasn't really Sub-Zero. Like I said crazier things have happened in MK. For them to ignore the whole cyber subz business wouldn't be out of question.

Honestly if you were in NRS shoes who would you bring back? Look on the official site and that should help you decide. That's all the evidence I need to show that Sub-Zero is preferred over Cyber Subz. Sub-Zero is #3 most played character. Cyber Subz is #20 most played character. That shouldn't be a hard decision.

Everyone says NUH-UH THEY HAVE TO STICK TO THEIR GUNS IF THEY ARE GOING TO TURN SUB-ZERO CYBER. Hell no they don't though. There are articles were some of the team have even said that Cyber Subz popularity would decide if he comes back or not. That's the way it should be too, IMO.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
So you mean that as Kuai Lang shown as a soul he had his cybernetic implants as well...as a soul? Right?
To fight Raiden they need to have physical bodies, just like Scorpion and Noob Saibot and it wa pretty much a CSZ body.
Still much agreed on that popularity will decide that and here human sub have the advantage. I just hope that we can get both of them, since before mk9 i was only SZ, and i dont want him to be gone. The cast needs a good dose of ice and smoke. ^^

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is always the argument. And it is without a doubt a valid one.
But I'm telling you, guys...in a dedicated, serious, no BS atmosphere without the rushed production and need for filler, with a serious, legitimate spin and a chance to draw real attention from the likes of us who take our Kombat extra seriously, a lot of them could really make an impact given a second chance, especially the more standoutish ones ala BRC, Havik, Ashrah, Daegon, Nitara, etc...great ideas in theory that didnt get the chance to meet their full potential could blow some people away were they to get a second chance. I hope.
BRC is just stupid and Nitara was pretty pointless.

And Daegon comes with Taven and therefor he sucks. lol

Subby Z

Noob
@ Alice

That's why I brought Hydro into the situation though. They have a rumored character in Hydro who was even in the comics, and they could have easily made him cyber and bam cyber sub-zero under a different name. Wouldn't have been that hard.

I mean they created Skarlet (rumored), and they added Tremor (Special Forces) to challenge tower in PS vita. So why not create Hydro??? Instead they take one of their most beloved characters and turn him into a friggin refrigerator? You can't tell me they weren't expecting a sh**storm.

I agree with your theory that they had to have a body to fight Raiden, but maybe their souls can act as a body in the netherrealm or something of the sort which allowed them fight Raiden. Again it's just another thing we don't know about the story. We know their bodies were dead as hell on Earth and Quan Chi didn't come and get them, or maybe he did?

That's another thing I've come up with. Maybe Quan Chi got the unused bodies on Earth and ressurrected them ala Zombie Kang in Deception. That would mean their souls are still out there somewhere and most likely could be remade into a physical form. If that's the case then Sub-Zero would definitely come back as a human.

All I can really say is that I want HUMAN sub-zero back and I want it to be Kuai Liang. Something else people are also forgetting when they say Bi Han should be Sub-Zero again. Think about it, just because Sub-Zero is dead and captured by Quan Chi doesn't mean he's not still Sub-Zero. They all still call him Sub-Zero and he is still referred to as Sub-Zero. That should say that Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero regardless if he's cyber or not. Noob Saibot is Bi Han. There's no changing that, or there shouldn't be anyway. If there is a Sub-Zero it will be Kuai Liang.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I want both human Sub-zeros back.

Have CSZ become human again and let him go back to being Tundra, keep the same movelist minus bombs and teleports cause they suck ass.

Have elder Sub be both Noob and Sub. Have some weird duality where he's constantly fighting over control of himself.

I really do hope everyone returns in MK10, even Freddy, maybe even add Jason for balance sake.

Subby Z

Noob
I want both human Sub-zeros back.

Have CSZ become human again and let him go back to being Tundra, keep the same movelist minus bombs and teleports cause they suck ass.

Have elder Sub be both Noob and Sub. Have some weird duality where he's constantly fighting over control of himself.

I really do hope everyone returns in MK10, even Freddy, maybe even add Jason for balance sake.
I would be opposed to having Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero, and Frost. The whole Tundra mess was just to throw in a little nod to the fact that Sub-Zero was originally supposed to be named Tundra. We should not go using that name now. Kuai Liang should just return as Sub-Zero.

I don't know how to keep Cyber Subz and quite frankly, sorry guys, I don't really care. I hate cyber subz. IMO, he's really not that popular and more or less a fad for this game. Wait until the next game when new and returning characters pop in and everybody forgets that Cyber Subz even exists.

My thoughts on what should happen.

Chapter 1 starts with Sareena. Sareena sees Cyber Subz and believes it to be Bi Han. While in her chapter she helps Sub-Zero into Quan's purification chamber which brings him back to life as a human.

Sub-Zero wonders what has happened and subsequently ends up fighting Sareena. Sareena stops Sub-Zero in order to talk with him. Sareena explains that Shinnok and Quan Chi plan to invade the heavens and take over the realms. Sareena then helps Sub-Zero escape through a portal in which he goes to warn Raiden and the others of what is to come. He asks Sareena to come with him, but she cannot leave the netherrealm or else Shinnok and Quan will suspect something. Kuai Liang then promises to come back for her.

Sub-Zero leaves which leads to chapter 2.

Chapter 2: Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero warns Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny of what is to happen, but it is too late. The skies begin to cloud with black and Raiden begins to fear the worst.

That's all I've got as far as that goes, but it would give a good explanation of why Sub-Zero ended up human again and it would incorporate Sareena into the storyline.

Mr.Vengeance

XBL: TX Mr Vengeance
I would like to see these character be in the roster or appear in mk10(MK4-MKA) It makes the most sense storyline wise.
Scorpion
Sub-Zero(Human Kiu Liang)
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Rieko
Kai
Cyrax
Raiden
Reptile
Shinnok
Sektor
Shang Tsung
Fujin
Noob Saibot
Quan Chi
Bo'Rai Cho ( A bit more serious version)
Jarek
Tanya
Drahim
Moloch
Kenshi
Mavado
Hsu Hao
Ashrah
Havik
Nitara
Hotaru
Onaga
Taven
Deagon

and only Frost if Cyber Sub was kept or decided to keep Sub dead and maybe have Klassic Sub as hidden character or something..

Subby Z

Noob
I actually like your roster with the exception of Hsu Hao, Jarek, Taven, and Daegon. I just don't like Taven and Dageon. I tried to care about them but it just didn't pan out too well for me.

Mr.Vengeance

XBL: TX Mr Vengeance
I actually like your roster with the exception of Hsu Hao, Jarek, Taven, and Daegon. I just don't like Taven and Dageon. I tried to care about them but it just didn't pan out too well for me.
I mentioned those to keep the whole Black dragon/Red dragon thing and i dont like those characters either but i do believe they are important to the mythos in their own right.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I like the story line of MK and I though a lot about what will be the roster in the new MK10.
Here is my idea, based on the roster of MK9 and what happened in the story mode:

The living...
- Scorpion: he's alive and kickin' as always
- Liu Kang: will return in an evil form of himself to take revenge about Raiden and death of his lady
- Sub-Zero: will return as Cyber Sub-Zero, reactivated by Sektor
- Ermac: still alive with more power due to the soulnado exploded
- Reptile: still alive and with no alignment
- Cage: alive (sadly, because I really don't like the char)
- Mileena: alive and with no alignment
- Noob Saibot: as a creature of shadow, he survive in some way (hope so)
- Smoke: he's my main, I strongly hope he will return, maybe in the cyborg form, automated by Sektor
- Sektor: he tooks part from Cyrax to become bigger, better and stronger. Now we have Sektor 2.0
- Sonya: alive and still hot as hell
- Kano: alive and still bad ass
- Shang Tsung: revived by Quan Chi to form a deadly alliance with him
- Baraka: alive and roaring
- Raiden: alive and proved about the facts of MK9
- Sheeva: alive
- Quan Chi: alive
- Skarlet: alive and bloody hot as always
- Rain: now, finally with a real part in the story line
- Kenshi: alive, blind and strong as always

...and the dead
- Kung Lao: dead
- Sindel: dead
- Kitana: dead
- Jade: dead (sadly)
- Nightwolf: dead
- Cyrax: dead (he's the main cyborg in a lot of MK, things change, time for Sektor and no resets)
- Jax: dead
- Striker: dead
- Kabal: dead

...the new one
- Shinnok
- Fujin
- Tanya
- Reiko
- Frost
- Havik
- Hotaru
- Ashrah
- Tremor

Sorry for my english, I'm italian.
Hope you like my idea! :D

Death

Noob
Shang
Liu Kang
Scorpion
Sub-Zero (CSZ will not return. Regular sub-zero will come back. Long lost surviving family member)
Ermac
Reptile
Cage
Mileena
Cyborg Smoke
Sektor
Raiden
Baraka
Sheeva- coming back as high tier
Kenshi
Rain
Skarlet
Quan Chi
Noob
Sonya
Kano

Characters that died I can see coming back:

KL
Kabal
Kitana
Jax

I can see around 15 new characters being in it and a total of 40.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if there no Kitana or Sindel the game will suck!!!

just bring back every character, they dont have to be alive in story mode but in fighting mode they should be there to play as.. Having a character not in a game due to storyline is the stupidest thing in MK

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
Subby Z i like your storyline idea, and i'll explain why: seeing how i never played mk mythologies i never cared much about sareena; only know she was played by the hot ass sonya actress from mk3 :p and your idea ties her in nicely with quan and sub while finally giving the fanboys a reason to have her in the game ;)

as for the roster i do think that starting off with 40 chars would be too much because it would make testing, patching and balancing that much harder (mathematically, we're talking mk9 times 1.3). it'll suck not having some of the iconic chars and someone will always be upset about such choices, but as always in mk, some must go to make way for others.

by the way, nice and thorough thread introduction. cheers

Subby Z

Noob
Subby Z i like your storyline idea, and i'll explain why: seeing how i never played mk mythologies i never cared much about sareena; only know she was played by the hot ass sonya actress from mk3 :p and your idea ties her in nicely with quan and sub while finally giving the fanboys a reason to have her in the game ;)

as for the roster i do think that starting off with 40 chars would be too much because it would make testing, patching and balancing that much harder (mathematically, we're talking mk9 times 1.3). it'll suck not having some of the iconic chars and someone will always be upset about such choices, but as always in mk, some must go to make way for others.

by the way, nice and thorough thread introduction. cheers
Thanks I'm just glad someone noticed the idea, I thought it had went completely ignored.lol.

Also I agree 40 characters will just be too much. Some of the characters are going to have to sit out. It sucks but it will have to be done. I just hope Sub-Zero ain't one of them.

Check out my roster a few pages back schnitzel, it's about 30 characters with 4 DLC.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
if there no Kitana or Sindel the game will suck!!!

just bring back every character, they dont have to be alive in story mode but in fighting mode they should be there to play as.. Having a character not in a game due to storyline is the stupidest thing in MK
I disagree with everything in this post.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
@Lt. Box That's one of the most interesting threads here on TYM that I've read. I'm with you on 80% of what you said in the intro. I wouldn't hate it if MK10 continued with the MK4/deadly alliance/deception storyline, although I'd prefer it if they went with a different direction or an alternate mix of the3games. I'd like to see Shinnok as the big boss, Onaga being a "No2" if that is possible. Now, concerning characters...
DEAD: Everyone who died in MK9 except Cyber Sub-Zero. I see Cyber Sub making it back to mk10 more easily than BiHan (Noob Saibot) just because he is a robot... He can be fixed! :)
NOTE: I don't concider Liu Kang being dead, just deformed/burned (Kabal-like) and most likely coming back with a vengeance. I wouldn't like to see Kang being the No2 under Shinnok's command (being prefered over Quan Chi as you mentioned). I'd rather have him be a renegade-fueled by vengeance kind of "evil-Kang" if it is that he comes back as a "bad guy". There is the possibility of him being turned to protector of earthrealm (after the elder gods grant him that fight vs Raiden as his ending proposed) and being a "tyrant-Kang", being on the good-guys side but taking no s#%t from invaders (netherrealm) and being ruthless, while Raiden is turned to a mortal with extraordinary powers (there's a twist that may be interesting).
I have to say, I rather have the dead stay dead due to story-mode maturity and not have every fan-favorite character come back to life. I'll miss Smoke, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Kitana, Jax and the others (and certainly Shang Tsung!) but if MK needs to sacrifice those characters to keep the story mode's depth and seriousness intact, I can take it...
Cage, Sonya, Cyrax and Ermac (if we take for granted that he is King Jerod) are the MK9 "good guys" survivors that together with a possible mortal Raiden and the newcomers Fujin & Kai enforce earthrealm.
Cage should be more down to earth and humble, Ermac is a faithful servant to the forces of light, Cyrax is hunted by Sektor's Lin Kuei (Sektor being either neutral or allying with Shinnok), Sonya should hide her breasts (I'd love to see less boob-costumes, it's getting ridiculous) and Raiden devastated but still quite powerful. Kai comes in to essentially replace Kung Lao & good old Kang as the Shaolin warrior, while Fujin is the Raiden "replacement".
I'd have "tyrant-Kang" have his disputes with his equal Fujin as the story goes on, revealing his enigmatic character (I would love to see him being ruthless to both his enemies AND his comrades by either seriously wounding or killing a good guy in the heat of the moment), while he finally sees that, lacking wisdom and patience, he is not himself or capable of doing Raiden's and Fujin's tough work as protector of earthrealm. I'd keep writing (I got exited about possible MK10 scenarios!) but I feel I'm getting a little boring to the potential readers... Take care Lt. Box!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Other than being a 3D MK fanatic, the reason why I think they're gonna push back in this direction is simple: evidence.

Armageddon was basically a gigantic fucking question mark on the face of MK chronology.
There were so many loops and inconsistencies left unanswered for and unexplained that were never returned to or re-established, even with the whole epic battle at the foot of the Pyramid scheme, you still for the most part had not a fucking clue what was going on, especially going by all the already left-open loose ends of Deception.
The time loops of MKD Konquest aside, it was a great story, great archs, captivating dramatic rivalry everywhere (albeit there was some goofy shit to be had, but even so), and MKA basically said "Fuck everything that just happened, you are now to completely focus on these two guys you've never heard of, and say hello to all the already-established characters who are doing shit that has absolutely nothing to do with what they were doing the last time you saw them."
MK10 presents the perfect opportunity to take that entire era, turn it on its head, and re-establish it in a much more respectable, epic manner, and there've already been huge clues left scattered throughout that they'll be going back to that particular drawing board, from the appearances of Havik, Bo Rai Cho, to the various depictions of the 6 realms along the way up the Challenge Tower, to the return of Kenshi, to Daegon, Frost and Tanya fighting in the Pit, etc...why would they risk spinning MK in a new direction when they already have an entire meta-universe and an entire cast of already-established extras ready to go? Especially with the opportunity, as I said, to present them in a much more emphatic manner to a much more advanced, bloodthirsty, and captivation-seeking audience that would likely be enthralled and eager to leap in were the mistakes to be corrected and said universe and cast to be made as good as MK9's?