What's new

MKXL Top 8 at Combo Breaker 2016 Set

coolwhip

Noob
Even those not yet qualified for ESL?

Except it's not an update thread, it's a viewing guide. Thanks for contributing the unhelpful, vague criticism though, those always help things improve.

Nice, keep us updated if you can.
And the fact that there isn't even an update thread to begin with doesn't tell you anything?

Thanks for contributing with trademark obtuse, illogical posts. Those always help things improve.

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
And the fact that there isn't even an update thread to begin with doesn't tell you anything?

Thanks for contributing with trademark obtuse, illogical posts. Those always help things improve.
you should've/should make one

I don't know about everyone else but I'm loving the tournament so far. Doea anyone know how sonic is doing right now in sf?

FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO BE UPDATED:
Top 16 and top 8 tomorrow

Winners side:
Foxy grandpa VS Wound Cowboy
Dragon VS Red Raptor
Hayatei VS Big D
Perfect Legend VS Slayer

Losers Side:
BeyondToxin VS Lord Pnut
Iluusions VS SonicFox
Bio hazard VS Kitana Prime
Pig of the Hut VS (??? Not sure) Honeybee

Overall the matches were really good. I'm surprised bio didn't use ferra/torr. There definitely were some "upsets", I'm sure many people thought honeybee would take it over Pl but Pl did great. I feel like foxy is going to take it imo

Slymind

Noob
FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO BE UPDATED:
Top 16 and top 8 tomorrow

Winners side:
Foxy grandpa VS Wound Cowboy
Dragon VS Red Raptor
Hayatei VS Big D
Perfect Legend VS Slayer

Losers Side:
BeyondToxin VS Lord Pnut
Iluusions VS SonicFox
Bio hazard VS Kitana Prime
Pig of the Hut VS (??? Not sure) Honeybee

Overall the matches were really good. I'm surprised bio didn't use ferra/torr. There definitely were some "upsets", I'm sure many people thought honeybee would take it over Pl but Pl did great. I feel like foxy is going to take it imo
Who did Biohazard used?

Tweedy

Noob
PL has been down with Kung Lao, and brought it back with Ninjutsu, vs both Honeybee and Foreverking.

If I were him i'd just stick with Ninjutsu. Kung Lao can win but he's almost like an under water spin machine vs some of the top tiers lol. After the jump 2 nerf, Scorpion is better in the air and much safer overall.

PL has had runs in the ESL where he beat Scar, Dragon, Dab, etc. He's good enough to win majors. Maybe Kung Lao just sucks? :p

PL has been down with Kung Lao, and brought it back with Ninjutsu, vs both Honeybee and Foreverking.

If I were him i'd just stick with Ninjutsu. Kung Lao can win but he's almost like an under water spin machine vs some of the top tiers lol. After the jump 2 nerf, Scorpion is better in the air and much safer overall.

PL has had runs in the ESL where he beat Scar, Dragon, Dab, etc. He's good enough to win majors. Maybe Kung Lao just sucks? :p
I think it's a combination of Kung Lao being not that good and he would NOT stop teleporting with him. With scorpion it's easier to just not teleport... it seems like the options Lao has with his teleport kept making him want to do it. Plus that f2 kept getting honeybee, he was so used to crouching

Tweedy

Noob
I think it's a combination of Kung Lao being not that good and he would NOT stop teleporting with him. With scorpion it's easier to just not teleport... it seems like the options Lao has with his teleport kept making him want to do it. Plus that f2 kept getting honeybee, he was so used to crouching
Yeah but Kung Lao has to jump around and teleport to get around. Him jumping back 4 times in a row for no reason is high level Kung Lao play at this point. His walk speed and backdash rival Predator's.

Scorpion's backdash is pretty bad, too, though. It almost cost him vs Honeybee.

Yeah but Kung Lao has to jump around and teleport to get around. Him jumping back 4 times in a row for no reason is high level Kung Lao play at this point. His walk speed and backdash rival Predator's.

The back jumps I can understand, but the teleports? He got d2'd like 6 times lmao

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I wanted bee to win
So pig can fight PL and probably beat him.
But either get bodied by Fox or cowboy...

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I think raptor takes out dragon.
Not sure how foxys doing
And hayati is a beast so im calling
Hayatei vs mmmmm raptor in winners
Hayatei vs fox in grand finals

coolwhip

Noob

Lao never has to teleport. Lao should almost literally never teleport. I agree Lao is a very meh character now, but with his F2, hats, insane run speed, and j2 (which is still decent), it's hard to say Lao "has" to teleport. I really think PL just has a really hard time shaking off the MK9 muscle memory when he plays with him and just teleports a lot.

Last edited: