What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I figured that'd be unpopular, yeah.

I've played the MU a ton and I've always thought that, even though people tell me that it's not the case. I'm not just downplaying either because I think that Buzzsaw does really well vs FF. Maybe my perception of the MU is just bad.

Edit: I'll list some reasons.

- Tempest EX spin only hits once, so Kang can do EX DB2 to avoid getting blown up after windmill punches, unlike vs Buzzsaw.

- Liu Kang's D2 is a very easy way to blow up Lao's jump ins, even with his pre patch jump 2.

- Top 3 walk speed vs bottom 3 walk speed.

- Liu's projectiles force Lao to come in.

- Kung Lao is very good at shutting down jumping. Jumping doesn't really help Liu. It's not really in his gameplan.

- Kung Lao has no launching low so parrying is not nearly as risky vs him.
Actually Flame Fist is even against Buzzsaw and loses to Tempest because the parry beats Buzzsaw's spin, but Tempest (just delay the EX spin, so, EX spin will beat Kang's EX DB2).

Tweedy

Noob
Actually Flame Fist is even against Buzzsaw and loses to Tempest because the parry beats Buzzsaw's spin, but Tempest (just delay the EX spin, so, EX spin will beat Kang's EX DB2).
That alone is not significant enough to shift the match up.

Also, he does not parry buzzsaw's spin. At least I couldn't do it in practice mode.

Lao doesn't do that well in general vs Kang because of their neutral games. Lao is way too slow and Kang has great anti airs. D3 goes under F2, Buzzsaw can only trade projectiles if he has a life lead. Tempest has to always come in. There's no way that any variation of Lao beats or goes even with Flamefist or Dragon's Fire.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Is this your opinion? F/T should be A+ at least imo. Jin above Kang? Raiden lowest one? :(
Jin is definitely over kang. But the jump between A and A+ isn't too big so it's hard to put them in Right order betweem these 2

So, which Triborg is it you're referring to in this tier list? Sektor or Smoke? Smoke seems to thrive more in a high-level environment due to his vastly superior 50/50 game, I think.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So, which Triborg is it you're referring to in this tier list? Sektor or Smoke? Smoke seems to thrive more in a high-level environment due to his vastly superior 50/50 game, I think.
Probably both. In the OP it said if you're a character that can switch between multiple variations if one variation has trouble in the matchup it will help, but a bad variation won't weigh the good ones down.