What's new

Guide MKXL & KP2 Is Out Now: A Buyers Guide For What You Need

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I tried to find out but couldn't figure it out lol. I mean if it lets you download it Tuesday, good, but i think it's a physical edition thing.
No worries Tim I appreciate the effort anyway. If I do have to wait 3 days I don't mind really, it's not like it's gonna matter a week from now. :p

E

Eldriken

Is it known if you'll be able to purchase characters individually day one/March 1st or is there a wait period on that?
I don't think they've specified, but it would make sense to sell them individually day 1.

It's on there. Search the PS store. I've found it on the EU one, both XL and KP2
I checked the PS store yesterday and all I see is "KP2" and "MK XL". There was no option to pre-order the "XL pack". I'm currently at work, but as soon as I get home I'll check to see if the "XL pack" is available.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I checked the PS store yesterday and all I see is "KP2" and "MK XL". There was no option to pre-order the "XL pack". I'm currently at work, but as soon as I get home I'll check to see if the "XL pack" is available.
Sorry mate, my mistake for skim reading. I can't see the XL pack on there at all at the moment.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
they said in the Leatherface kombat kast that XL is not aviable for pre order, only KP2.

Cosplay pack is a pre order bonus but if you buy the xl pack when it comes out or early after it releases you'll get it anyway

Guys so if I have regular MKX and buy XL then how would that work? Would the dlc be downloaded to the actual disk or just my ps4 hard drive?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Guys so if I have regular MKX and buy XL then how would that work? Would the dlc be downloaded to the actual disk or just my ps4 hard drive?
I would imagine you would be downloading the entire game again (unless the console recognizes it) and all the DLC. I really don't think unless you have the XL disc, it will just be a bunch of different downloads.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
You'd be wasting money, if you don't have KP1 that is.

XL is meant for those who don't have the game at all and to get everything that's been released thus far, content-wise.

You cannot write data to retail game discs. Any content that is created for a game gets saved to your PS4 hard drive.

If you have MKX already but no DLC whatsoever, XL pack is fine.

If you have MKX along with KP1, just get KP2. If you don't have the game or want an extra copy on disc, you can buy XL.

I plan to get a physical XL disc at some point if this is to be the last of any additional content, but I'm gonna wait a year.

I know some of you like digital copies, but discs have good resale value for the future. Plus, no need to download.

You get the Cosplay skins for Cassie and Jacqui.
So will we be able to buy those skins later or do we have to pre-order kp2?

only ask because i have no plans to buy kp2, but would like to get those skins.

also so will we be able to buy the apocalypse pack seperately or will i have to buy the whole kp2 if i want it?