What's new

Guide MKXL & KP2 Is Out Now: A Buyers Guide For What You Need

Tim Static

Adminerator
One week from now, next Tuesday (Friday for Kombatants in Europe), Mortal Kombat XL & the Kombat Pack 2 will finally be available for PS4 & Xbox One players. While we posted this info back when the KP2 reveal was made, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle, so I figured it would be good to put this information out again to all players as we hit the home stretch to release. Check out the options:

Mortal Kombat XL - If you don't own MKX yet, or just want to re-buy it for the coverart, etc, this is for you. This can be purchased either digitally via Playstation Network or Xbox Live, or a physical disc version from any retailer who sells video games.

XL Pack - If you own just vanilla MKX, this has Kombat Pack's 1 & 2 together for $25.

Kombat Pack 2 - If you own MKX & Kombat Pack 1, then you need to buy this for $20.

Check out the graphic below:

MKXL_KP2_BuyingOptions.png

Attachments

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
As a European I'm pretty confused about all of this. On my Xbox it says I can play the game on March 1st but this is telling me March 4th. Is March 4th just for the retail copys of XL or do we really have to wait 3 extra days to get it digitally too?

Tim Static

Adminerator
As a European I'm pretty confused about all of this. On my Xbox it says I can play the game on March 1st but this is telling me March 4th. Is March 4th just for the retail copys of XL or do we really have to wait 3 extra days to get it digitally too?
I tried to find out but couldn't figure it out lol. I mean if it lets you download it Tuesday, good, but i think it's a physical edition thing.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
It says it will be able to pre-download on the 28th so I guess it simply unlocks at midnight. I can't wait lol I am gonna have to make sure I have plenty of lubricating eye drops and red bull, its gonna be a long lab day :D

@Tim Static The "XL PACK" is nowhere. I've looked for it many times on the psn store and I've asked NRS directly so as to know when it is going to be available but no answer from them. So far they are selling KP1 and KP2 separately. Do you have any news about it?

Tim Static

Adminerator
@Tim Static The "XL PACK" is nowhere. I've looked for it many times on the psn store and I've asked NRS directly so as to know when it is going to be available but no answer from them. So far they are selling KP1 and KP2 separately. Do you have any news about it?
I wasn't aware, but it seems like something that would only be available at time of release.

Actually, as i typed that, i think someone had an issue with preordering it, but then it made the KP1 stuff street dated for March 1st thus the player didn't have access to it. I can't remember who told me that, as it could have been something i saw on Twitter. So maybe them waiting till March 1st for that is a result of that glitch/problem etc.

I wasn't aware, but it seems like something that would only be available at time of release.

Actually, as i typed that, i think someone had an issue with preordering it, but then it made the KP1 stuff street dated for March 1st thus the player didn't have access to it. I can't remember who told me that, as it could have been something i saw on Twitter. So maybe them waiting till March 1st for that is a result of that glitch/problem etc.
It seems like they are trying to sell both packs separately until sometime in march. It sucks because you can't preorder this "XL PACK" to save some money and play with all this content (Goro, costumes, kp1-kp2 characters, etc) on release time.

It seems like they are trying to sell both packs separately until sometime in march. It sucks because you can't preorder this "XL PACK" to save some money and play with all this content (Goro, costumes, kp1-kp2 characters, etc) on release time.
Chill, you won't be ripped off for buying digitally.
During the leatherface stream they said you couldn't pre-order the xl-pack digitally, but if you bought it within the first few days you would get all the pre-order stuff.

LeoMK29

Noob
Not sure if I want to get the whole pack, If you do pre-order form the PSN do you get the Cosplay skins? Right now it only shows up if I google KP2 not on my PS4 :/

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Not sure if I want to get the whole pack, If you do pre-order form the PSN do you get the Cosplay skins? Right now it only shows up if I google KP2 not on my PS4 :/
Whichever you choose to pre-order, you'll get cosplay skins, but only during pre-order. Any time after that say goodbye to skins until they decide to release them.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
The mkx copy was available to buy it 3days before the release date,is this going to happen with MKXL too?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
The mkx copy was available to buy it 3days before the release date,is this going to happen with MKXL too?
I believe you can order a physical disc already (which I prefer for possible resale in the future), but for digital I'm not sure how they will do it for pre-orders.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Woaahh. It releases for EU on the Friday? But I've booked two days off work, say it ain't so!

Can someone with a Twitter stand up for the whole of Europe and ask the Boon?

EDIT: Just searched the EU PS store and it is all there for pre order for the 1st. Both the XL full game and KP2. I guess, as other have said, the physical copy releases on the 4th.

I'm ok now everybody. No Twitter uprising is needed.

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Remember, if you are european with XboxOne and you want to play it 1th March, you need to buy it from other store like US orHK one... there is tons of tutorials to do it

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
One week from now, next Tuesday (Friday for Kombatants in Europe), Mortal Kombat XL & the Kombat Pack 2 will finally be available for PS4 & Xbox One players. While we posted this info back when the KP2 reveal was made, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle, so I figured it would be good to put this information out again to all players as we hit the home stretch to release. Check out the options:

Mortal Kombat XL - If you don't own MKX yet, or just want to re-buy it for the coverart, etc, this is for you. This can be purchased either digitally via Playstation Network or Xbox Live, or a physical disc version from any retailer who sells video games.

XL Pack - If you own just vanilla MKX, this has Kombat Pack's 1 & 2 together for $25.

Kombat Pack 2 - If you own MKX & Kombat Pack 1, then you need to buy this for $20.

Check out the graphic below:

View attachment 11684
I have one question still: What if i want to buy alien and triborg only out of the 4?Can I buy the characters seperately like in kp1?