What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
A large amount of air moves in this game cannot be anti aired unless you have a good armoured move

His S1 is mediocre at best as an AA and EX ice burst is 20% dmg for a bar and the point is that the clone loses its basic function, someone like KL can freely jump at you

Him "just backdash"ing means that because of this ridiculous nerf he has to read a jump even when the clone is out because the clone DOESNT FUNCTION THE WAY IT SHOULD
wouldn't the shards from the clone hit as well?

They may not be balance changes and just changes to the game to make it work as originally intended. But that still implies that for 3 straight games they could not get their game to work as intended by release date and that they are OK with releasing games that have not met their intended goals. That does not say much about there QA. Either way its a bad look.
Sigh....People just do not understand game development.
First off: NRS only has part of a say on when the release date. Warner Bros. probably has a hard line date for release to pad out a quarterly number they have to adhere to and/or request a delay for.
Second off, it is monumentally rare that *any* game *ever* works exactly as intended by release date. Even the gods at Capcom with the entire competitive aracde scene have released poorly balanced practically broken itterations of their various titles all the time.
Things always fall through the cracks because at some point in development you have to stop thinking about the game in terms of "design" and start thinking about it in terms of polish and ensuring that the game actually freaking works at all.

I do not own a PS4 and for the last month or so I've been stuck with the PC version of the game. Do you think I give a flying fuck about whether or not Kung Jin's flipkick is +4 or -3 or what the properties of Ice Clone are, or whether or not it has adhered to NRS' design? Hell the fuck no I don't, because thanks to high voltage I haven't even been able to play the fucking game.

Stability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Balance.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
wouldn't the shards from the clone hit as well?
We'll see.

Whatever happens, this is what NRS chose for this character. There is 100% no use whining since this was obviously thought out enough and 99% won't change.

So best thing you can do is go into the lab. It's a big nerf but in the end it doesn't remove SZ from top 10.

AeS_TroubleMan

The New Kid on the Block
A large amount of air moves in this game cannot be anti aired unless you have a good armoured move

His S1 is mediocre at best as an AA and EX ice burst is 20% dmg for a bar and the point is that the clone loses its basic function, someone like KL can freely jump at you

Him "just backdash"ing means that because of this ridiculous nerf he has to read a jump even when the clone is out because the clone DOESNT FUNCTION THE WAY IT SHOULD
You mean.....he has to play like everyone else? Perish the thought!

Ah, gotcha. Well if he really cant ever just back out and hit people back into it, that sucks.

But, if there are characters that cant jump at him because their jump kicks or jip dont let them, then it just means sub zero cant do the exact same thing to every character.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
We'll see.

Whatever happens, this is what NRS chose for this character. There is 100% no use whining since this was obviously thought out enough and 99% won't change.

So best thing you can do is go into the lab. It's a big nerf but in the end it doesn't remove SZ from top 10.
oh i'm not doing anything

i don't really care much... I was just curious... cuz i knwo the shards add a crap ton of damage to any combo. I would expect the armor hit to make the cloen go away tho
maybe not tho? idk.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I'm salty there was nothing for Jacqui considering all her problems, but them Mileena buffs are a welcomed addition. May put in more time with her until Bae Briggs is fixed.

E

Eldriken

@Tim Static The patch size isn't really 3.957GB. It's more like 1.9GB. The 3.957GB file is the size of the patch file that gets updated with every patch. If you look at the download, it starts out at like 2.058GB/3.957GB. Not that it really matters, just figured I'd point it out.

Also, the Sub-Zero Ice Klone nerf is highly beneficial to Jacqui. Why? Hand Cannon's bullets aren't considered a projectile, so they go through the Klone without shattering it. So, Sub-Zero is basically forced to crouch behind his Klone unless he wants to block a Hand Cannon and see it disappear.

Maybe I shouldn't say "forced", because he can just slide under the Hand Cannon on a read. Oh well. It's still a perk. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
oh i'm not doing anything

i don't really care much... I was just curious... cuz i knwo the shards add a crap ton of damage to any combo. I would expect the armor hit to make the cloen go away tho
maybe not tho? idk.
IF the shards hit and IF the armour doesn't make the clone go away, this could actually turn into a buff, I'd certainly love for my opponent to have a new option that I can punish for a combo that starts with 21% from shatter.
Ah, gotcha. Well if he really cant ever just back out and hit people back into it, that sucks.

But, if there are characters that cant jump at him because their jump kicks or jip dont let them, then it just means sub zero cant do the exact same thing to every character.
He can, the entire consequence of the nerf is the addition of a new mindgame after the clone.

KL for example will love this nerf.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Can someone test this?

How does the Sai hit on Mileenas new telekick? Does it pop them up so the air sai hits them, or is it like mk9 where it will just hit their face on your way down?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Sigh....People just do not understand game development.
First off: NRS only has part of a say on when the release date. Warner Bros. probably has a hard line date for release to pad out a quarterly number they have to adhere to and/or request a delay for.
Second off, it is monumentally rare that *any* game *ever* works exactly as intended by release date. Even the gods at Capcom with the entire competitive aracde scene have released poorly balanced practically broken itterations of their various titles all the time.
Things always fall through the cracks because at some point in development you have to stop thinking about the game in terms of "design" and start thinking about it in terms of polish and ensuring that the game actually freaking works at all.

I do not own a PS4 and for the last month or so I've been stuck with the PC version of the game. Do you think I give a flying fuck about whether or not Kung Jin's flipkick is +4 or -3 or what the properties of Ice Clone are, or whether or not it has adhered to NRS' design? Hell the fuck no I don't, because thanks to high voltage I haven't even been able to play the fucking game.

Stability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Balance.
This was my point. Calling it a repair patch or a balance patch is just semantics, cause in the end it changes the game that we were used to playing. From either perspective, it will have a negative connotation if you wanted perfection on the first try. So just play the game.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That was top 16 to get into top 8.
Ok. I knew I wasn't crazy, I do remember it being on the stream.

So since you were the best one there, what's the problem with him? Were people not punishing you? Cause you had some really nice stuff going with him