What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

Tim Static

Adminerator
@Tim Static The patch size isn't really 3.957GB. It's more like 1.9GB. The 3.957GB file is the size of the patch file that gets updated with every patch. If you look at the download, it starts out at like 2.058GB/3.957GB. Not that it really matters, just figured I'd point it out.
ah ok. btw the time i checked my ps4 it was about completely downloaded so wasnt aware of that. Thanks!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
There were 2 Kahns that fought each other in top 8. If it was you, how do you not remember fighting another Kahn? It was on stream and it's also on the main results page.
That was the top 16 broski. Pnut beat GnarlyGatoAlex to get IN to Top 8.

Also most of the people Pnut faced didnt know how to punish like any of his stuff. Most of his pressure has holes and is punishable. He is viable but wouldn't be broken if he got a few minor buffs.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Ok. I knew I wasn't crazy, I do remember it being on the stream.

So since you were the best one there, what's the problem with him? Were people not punishing you? Cause you had some really nice stuff going with him
He has no safe footsie tool. His 50/50s are very unsafe and don't lead to anything without meter. His low sword is negative on hit and people can wakeup without meter after it. His anti air is inconsistent on cross over jumps. Just to name a few. He is just a worse version of some of the top tiers.

People are gravely mistaking how much this really effects Sub Zero, because they've been sold a bill that he was this "top 5 character that 7-3's most of the cast" when in fact, he never was in the first place.

In fact, you had some idiots proclaiming that he was top 3, which is just laughable at best.

It's no secret that Sub was also one of that most complained about characters, from both casuals and top players alike, so I'm not surprised with the nerfs at all. We all should have expected it, really.

Hopefully in the long run it's not as bad as it looks on paper.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

ah ok. btw the time i checked my ps4 it was about completely downloaded so wasnt aware of that. Thanks!
You're welcome. :D It's just something I noticed after the first few patches. People were all like, "HOW DA FUQ IS ONE CHANGE 4GB?" Just figured I'd clear it up for 'em. XD

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Kung Jin got some minor nerfs, nice.

Why hasn't NRS fixed Blood God Kotal Kahn's Blood Totem? @colt It doesn't drain opponent's meter on hit like it says it does, it also disappears when Kotal Kahn is hit.

Zoidberg747

I hope you have more up your sleeve than this...
You can add a 21U3 air throw at the end of that for like 50% damage.

And he is probably referring to the fact that she gets 30% meterless of of any starter, 50% midscreen with one bar, and a lot of true blockstring pressure with wasp cancels. Not to mention 50/50s and Option Selects.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
@Zoidberg747 @Pnut Thanks for the clarification. I still wish people would give the char real time and let the game breathe before asking for buffs, but if you were the one who actually made it that far I'll take your word for it. I was there and that tournament was stacked with good comp. The Johnny Cage struggle is too real so I went to Raiden

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
He wasn't nerfed he just had shit that wasn't suppose to autocorrect autocorrecting so they fixed it. Not like they made him do less damage or made any attacks slower....
so he had something (good) then made it (worse). im sorry i guess i dont know what a nerf is then.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
so he had something (good) then made it (worse). im sorry i guess i dont know what a nerf is then.
So next time someone has an infinite and they patch it out are you going to cry that they nerfed them or just realize that it was something they didnt intend to be in the game so they fixed it?

Zoidberg747

Maaaaaannnn I just realized the regular interactables can still be used on blockstun.

Not a huge deal because it can only be done with the grab ones but its still pretty broke lol.