What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Announcement Today

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Noob. Frost. Cyrax. Bo Rai Cho.

Though I REALLY want Fujin, I actually can live happily with these picks.

An all MK KP2? I thought for sure a spot would have been lost to another guest character.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
1st to last

#1Noob.

#2Rain (look at it... you can't see the gap between the arm and the body because there is a cape.. guess who had a cape...)

#3 Fujin look at his head his hair and singlet around his head matches the third shadow

#4 Bo rai cho u can see the belly and rolled up sleeve

My thoughts on noob he may have a noob/smoke variation which is hype as fuq.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I can't fuckin sleep. I'm so ready to see the reveal. I'm not making any guesses. I don't want any disappointments. But I sure hope there's not a guest character. Ed has been posting a lot about Xenomorph. Why?
cause amazing

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
If any of those silhouettes are that pointless Frost, embarrassing Bo Rai Cho or basic ass Li Mei then I'm definitely not buying KP2.

I'll just purchase the characters that are not those three, even if they're guest characters.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
If any of those silhouettes are that pointless Frost, embarrassing Bo Rai Cho or basic ass Li Mei then I'm definitely not buying KP2.

I'll just purchase the characters that are not those three, even if they're guest characters.
that's what I'm doing I'm only caring about. Noob, Li, Fujin, or Sareena. I hate NRS' character choices

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The Xenomorph is female, technically. If they actually did that instead of Sindel, Li Mei, or Sareena I am gonna lose my goddamn mind.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
i'm confused why so many are not seeing this but if this is not a red herring like others are saying and is right then three are definitely baraka, sindel, and rain. the first is baraka. sindel is second. if you adjust the exposure the waist size is much smaller than the others. Also, this character clearly has hair and what appears to be the side bangs like Sindel has. the character that is third is just covering up that opening where the arm is. and fourth is Rain. Rain's model has that exact same high collar. He also wears a cape and larger kilt. Also when adjusting the levels of the image shows a mask that is the exact one Rain has in the game. the third is I dunno...probably sektor, cyrax, or someone else. I know nothing about alien. so maybe that's it.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The Xenomorph is female, technically. If they actually did that instead of Sindel, Li Mei, or Sareena I am gonna lose my goddamn mind.
That's not a fact, that's a theory. The only Xenomorph that is gendered is the Queen and that's because it lays eggs. Even so, it's all asexual reproduction.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
So this all might be a troll with decoy silhouettes, but operating under the assumption that it's real I took the image into Photoshop. I brightened and high-contrasted the hell out of it:

From there I'm trying to superimpose models and see what we get. IMO it's clear that the leftmost is Baraka and the rightmost is Bo' Rai Cho.

I've noted the obvious tells with red lines: the bald head, the rope bracers on the shoulders and biceps, and -- most tellingly -- the weird-ass shape of the arms, which is Baraka-specific and is very dramatic in MKX.

This one everybody seems to agree on, but just for the record -- the high ponytail, the collar, the angle of the shoulder, the rolled-up sleeves (a feature unique to BRC, as far as I can tell), and the rounded belly.

The other two I'm less sure about, so I'm trying different options.

The second figure could be a guest, or -- based on the assumption that there ought to be a female -- it might be Sindel or Frost. Both of these female models have reasonably broad shoulders.

It's hard to figure out what's going on with this silhouette because it's the least distinct. The odd head shape, to me, looks like it's actually just messed up by the smoky background. How much of that blackness is actually the character's head? Similar darkness can be seen to Baraka's upper left, so the character silhouettes aren't the only part of the image in that color. It may be that the smoke is moving and in the current frame it makes the head look weird.

The thick neck has me leaning toward Sindel's high collar, but I'm also super biased and always wishfully thinking when it comes to Sindel, so grain of salt. The hair texture on the side by the ears doesn't seem to match either model, but I imagine Sindel's model would be altered into a non-revenant design.

The final figure is either Fujin or a cyborg:

Fujin's silhouette would have a weird head shape similar to this one because of the way his hair is pulled back. There's also a shoulder pauldron of some kind that looks like the ones he wears.

That said, while I'd like it to be Fujin, it seems more likely to me that the boxy protuberances on the sides of the head reflect the cyborg grill-type things that Sektor and Cyrax have on their faces as part of their ninja 'mask'.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The second figure could also be Rain:

(Please excuse my amazing art skills.)

But with that above post the Sweet Tooth thing, long-rumored, is feeling so possible. Maybe that's more evidence (along with BRC) that the silhouettes in the image are a troll. I can't imagine Sweet Tooth would be something they'd do now, with the Twisted Metal franchise so dead. I hope not, anyway.

ED: It's been noted that Sweet Tooth and Master Chief are both console-exclusive characters. I will feel silly if I did all this fooling around in Photoshop on a decoy clown silhouette.