What's new

MKX Hotfix 6-1-15

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
You guys whining are hilarious. Since when do you need a "good" overhead/low mix-up combo starter to be a competitive character in a fighter... I can't believe this is what people are using to determine whether a character is viable.

Still waiting to see if there are goro/johnnychanges not listed... because I don't need 50/50 mixups to play... seriously...

I do agree that there are too many unsuable variations. Probably NRS had limited resources and the Kahn and Kenshi players made the most noise.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
The Erron nerf is some smart shit by NRS. They nerfed his tick throw pressure, his oki, and his BnBs all in one. I agree with the nerf - it just means that now we'll have to use some of the other hundreds of potential knockdowns and setups that we never used because there was no point.

The Kenshi buffs are great. Kenjutsu's 50/50s are now actually worthwhile, but Balanced and Possessed will still be the go-to variations imo. Especially now that Spirit Charge is safer in Balanced and Demon Drop is safe.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The Erron nerf is some smart shit by NRS. They nerfed his tick throw pressure, his oki, and his BnBs all in one. I agree with the nerf - it just means that now we'll have to use some of the other hundreds of potential knockdowns and setups that we never used because there was no point.

The Kenshi buffs are great. Kenjutsu's 50/50s are now actually worthwhile, but Balanced and Possessed will still be the go-to variations imo. Especially now that Spirit Charge is safer in Balanced and Demon Drop is safe.
Hard to say but IMO Kenjutsu is best

All 3 variations are like quan and kung Jin where they have zero bad variations

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Will Kenjutsu have the highest damage now? I don't know much about him but it seems those damage buffs are awesome.
Kenshi BNB 1 bar 41% Kenjutsu
33% meterless
47% corner 1 bar

Possessed 74% reset now safe if blocked

Kenshi variations are like sex positions

No matter which position you choose it's all A-OK because after all it's sex

Skitzo

Noob
Lmao a lot of Erron blacks complaining like chill that ain't the only hard knock down

Your Outlaw variation gives you one that's exclusive with dot

Just pick when to corner carry/oki & choose your ender

D

Deleted member 9158

So with these Kenshi buffs, who's the worst character in the game now? Allegedly...

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Got to say I really don't like the Raiden nerf. If the issue was frame traps just make the string more negative (even though you could already punish the string with back throw). But now displacer and master of storms have to suffer because people just refuse dig deeper into the surface of this game.
This. NRS, where are the Displacer and MoS buffs for Raiden? I only know of one person that uses Displacer in competitive play and he hasn't had any success, and I know of zero people using MoS in tournaments.

aj1701

Noob
Im more disappointed that Block/Combo breakers have remained unchanged. I hope they don't honestly believe the current system is good for the game.
Ya, I think breakers requiring stamina doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how many other things require stamina. I don't think I've ever had anyone even use a block breaker, except the CPU.

I'm eager to see how that raiden F1 being a high plays out.
The other two less used variations suffer even more, because TG has another mid starting safe string to fall back on, so us displacers and MOSers lose a good mid poke and a mid low h knockdown. Fortunately, I never abused f12 (im usually displacer) so Im almost unaffected.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Ya, I think breakers requiring stamina doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how many other things require stamina. I don't think I've ever had anyone even use a block breaker, except the CPU.
My problem with it is how long it takes for the stamina to come back.