What's new

MKX Gameplay From PGW 2015

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
The button mashing is not even what gets to me. It's when people think that's how the game is meant to be played and say "there isn't much depth to fighting games"
I grew up in an environment where you'd be pretty much forced to believe the opposite - that fighting games are hard as hell. We had a couple of places, each with a pair of arcade machines in them, in the neighborhood, and some hundred kids all having to compete for those 4-6 slots in peak hours. In fighting games you get to stay on as long as you keep winning so the competition was ENORMOUS. We had games like KOF 97, KOF98, Samurai Shodown II, Real Bout FFS, etc. Boy !! I miss those days. Mind you this was back in the mid-late '90s. But that's how I was introduced to fighting games. Either you got good really fast or you lost money and had to stand in long queues.

Last edited:
I grew up in an environment where you'd be pretty much forced to believe the opposite - that fighting games are hard as hell. We had a couple of places, each with a pair of arcade machines in them, in the neighborhood, and some hundred kids all having to compete for those 4-6 slots in peak hours. In fighting games you get to stay on as long as you keep winning so the competition was ENORMOUS. We had games like KOF 97, KOF98, Samurai Shodown II, Real Bout FFS, etc. Boy !! I miss those days. Mind you this was back in the mid-late '90s. But that's how I was introduced to fighting games. Either you got good really fast or you lost money and had to stand in long queues.
You're so lucky man. I wish I grew up in that age but instead all my friends are only into rpgs and shooters while im into fighters and rts. Also there are no arcades here anymore, the last good one stopped running when I was like 8

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
You're so lucky man. I wish I grew up in that age but instead all my friends are only into rpgs and shooters while im into fighters and rts. Also there are no arcades here anymore, the last good one stopped running when I was like 8
It just so happens that I also play rts. Well...i used to until a couple of years ago when I stopped. WC3, Generals ZH and COH were my favorites. But MK9 kinda pulled me away from that.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Those were the days. We had KI, Samurai Showdown, and MKII-MK3. It was always a party around those machines