What's new

Combo List - Ermac MKX Ermac Combos Thread

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I really do think Mystic is his best version vs the characters considered strongest at the moment.

Tele Push really can keep in check the likes of Sub, Erron and Jin.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I really do think Mystic is his best version vs the characters considered strongest at the moment.

I see Kung Jin's use a lot of NjP and baiting it with Mystic gives you a free lift.
As for sub, those who love to hide behind their clones get lifted and it's great too :D

Afumba

Noob
Here is a 41% midscreen combo - no meter - for MoS.

jip, f21d2, f3 teleport, f4 SoulBall, jip b321 (41%)
Its 40% without jip.

Alternative:
jip, f21d2, f3 teleport, f4 SoulBall, run cancel SoulRelease, njp, run cancel uppercut (41%)
Its 40% without jip.

For hard knockdown
jip, f21d2, f3 teleport, f4 SoulBall, runcancel SoulRelease, njp, b1d2 (40%)
Its 38% without jip.

For Vortex
jip, f21d2, f3xxteleport, b12, f4 SoulBall, jip b12 (37%)
Its 36% without jip.

Last edited:
Sorry for asking this twice but I think my previous post was lost at the bottom of the previous page.

When you all say vortex that is just the soul ball, b12 standing reset into 50/50 mixup right?

Also what is an mb throw?

Fusion_Quake

KH Fusion
yup, soul ball into b12 is his standing reset which leads into his vortex (b3/f4 guessing game)

and mb throw is meter-burned throw or enhanced throw which also leaves them standing for the vortex.

Afumba

Noob
Sorry for asking this twice but I think my previous post was lost at the bottom of the previous page.

When you all say vortex that is just the soul ball, b12 standing reset into 50/50 mixup right?

Also what is an mb throw?
Pretty much. There is also a Thread about the vortex with explanation and video for it. Its one of the sticky ones at the top.

Mb throw = meter burn throw. Basically using 1 Bar to cancel your throw leaving you and your opponents standing. You do it by pressing block after you pressed throw.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Whats the most meterless damage you can get off a teleport in Master of Souls? At the moment I'm doing Teleport, D1xxSoul Ball, JIP, F21D2, Run Cancel, D2 - 32% Anyone able to get more damage out of it?

Afumba

Noob
Whats the most meterless damage you can get off a teleport in Master of Souls? At the moment I'm doing Teleport, D1xxSoul Ball, JIP, F21D2, Run Cancel, D2 - 32% Anyone able to get more damage out of it?
This is what i got:
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, runcancel b12, uppercut 34%
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, run cancel b321 34%
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, runcancel b12, f4 burst 33%

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
This is what i got:
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, runcancel b12, uppercut 34%
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, run cancel b321 34%
teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, f21d2, runcancel b12, f4 burst 33%
Thanks I'll try them out

zaf

professor

Sub can punish tele push.
Erron I have not played enough to know about this MU
For Jin, what is it about mystic and tele push keeping him in check that soul ball can't do?
If it is controlling the air, instant jump soul ball leads to full combo.

Afumba

Noob
For Jin, what is it about mystic and tele push keeping him in check that soul ball can't do?
All 3 can punish telepush at full range. Sub=Slide, Erron=Slide, Jin=Flying Kick
Well but who cant punish telepush :)

At least something - Against Grandmaster Sub Mystic does as good as - or closely to - MoS. You can punish his IceClone stuff with lift/push, so he has to be a little more careful here.

zaf

professor
All 3 can punish telepush at full range. Sub=Slide, Erron=Slide, Jin=Flying Kick
Well but who cant punish telepush :)
At least something - Against Grandmaster Sub Mystic does as good as - or closely to - MoS. You can punish his IceClone stuff with lift/push, so he has to be a little more careful here.
yea I think a list of who can't punish telepush would be better haha...
What do you mean punish his stuff exactly? Do you mean you can use push/lift as a reversal? Or just catch them pressing ?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Well yeah, it's not a safe move, it's more about something to keep them in check than to throw out needlessly.

Can't soul ball be slid under on reaction?

Afumba

Noob
yea I think a list of who can't punish telepush would be better haha...
What do you mean punish his stuff exactly? Do you mean you can use push/lift as a reversal? Or just catch them pressing ?
Well if you read them you can of course catch them pressing :) But yea - its possible on reversal as well. Its a close thing though. Going with sound on this one makes it a bit easier. Release block & lift as soon as you hear the icy sounds.

Ofc i cant confirm it by 100% - so dont hold me to that... maybe ppls i played messed up all the time on their block timing lol
Anyways - In the lab it works. The AI can do it all the time as well (not sure if it is a valid point though for this).

Would definitely be good thing if someone could test this as well. I dont want to get lynched if i was halluzinating or had some lucky days against iceclone :D

Afumba

Noob
Well yeah, it's not a safe move, it's more about something to keep them in check than to throw out needlessly.

Can't soul ball be slid under on reaction?
Yes it can. But Sliding it is not a bad thing for Ermac. Outside telepush range Ermac is save. Depending from where Sub slides Ermac can pressure him or even punish him for sliding. Inside telepush range its not easy to do; at least its harder than to just block telepush & slide. Beside, why would you use SoulBall that close? So SoulBall > Telepush.

TDD

Noob
Hey guys, I made this tutorial for Master of Souls variation. It can be watched by both newbies (lower tier combos in video) and more experienced players (higher tier combos in video). I have a few more combos of his, I'll see if there's enough interest to maybe make some more videos and maybe tutorials for some other characters too.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Is throwing in a combo reversible? I was playing a friend and he was nearly dead so I went for something I thought he couldnt combo break, BF2 ball, into the BF1 pop, into a throw. He reversed the throw.

KNX

Noob
Is throwing in a combo reversible? I was playing a friend and he was nearly dead so I went for something I thought he couldnt combo break, BF2 ball, into the BF1 pop, into a throw. He reversed the throw.
Yeah you can break throws mid combo