What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Do you guys literally laugh at stuff on this site or is it just internal smiling? I don't believe anything has ever made me laugh on this site.
I do sometimes. Usually only when there is a funny video, or I post a pug gif that really hits the spot.

*AHEEEMEMEMCOUGHCOUGHAEIFOFSOHI*

I totally just saw Youph delete some of that guy's posts from his status, though. They were there, dude viewed his profile, a minute later they were gone. Shenanigans confirmed?
The screen cap is there. Not like him deleting those posts changes what the pic looks like. ._.

It would be SO MUCH EASIER to just be like "yeah it happened, doesn't make it right."

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
The screen cap is there. Not like him deleting those posts changes what the pic looks like. ._.

It would be SO MUCH EASIER to just be like "yeah it happened, doesn't make it right."
Never saw the screencap until you edited it in and mentioned it now.

Also, I'm drunk off my ass and probably shouldn't be in this thread, I hope this shit gets cleared up. kek

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do you guys literally laugh at stuff on this site or is it just internal smiling? I don't believe anything has ever made me laugh on this site.
A few times I've literally laughed at some comments or arguments made.

Even tournament matches can make you laugh. Like that one tournament match, I think Top8 or Top16, where Forever King kept throwing the dumpster at the dude in the corner at least 5x in that match.

Better than the comedy channel.

My uncle came from Mexico a few days ago, today he held a raffle for over 30 family members to win 20$. I lost, so Youphemism, i don't have any dollars so you can bet your ass i'm gonna pirate those digital comics.

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
I hope so. At this point I'm getting nervous and I'm hoping Shang is gonna be the biggest surprise of the pre-release hype. Shang and Noob/Smoke have the most potential for a 3 variation system imo.
I completely agree.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So you deny it then? The guy was just talking to himself? I mean I know there isn't much shame, but at least fess up when you lose.

Two questions then:

One, who was he talking to, since I assume he wasn't thanking no-one.
Two, why would I confront you over a status with nothing in it?

I mean I know you aren't much for context and all, but its not like anyone with a 5th grade reading level can't realize what went on in that status.
Your only two posts are beforehand when you were talking to yourself, and after when you were talking to me. Mysterious, isn't it, that someone would just wander into your post and converse with himself, and give thanks for a youtube channel when no one else was there? Almost seems like some other posts belong in there, probably from the only other person on that status at the time... Thats you, in case you forgot.
Or mis-remembered.
1. Have you never seen something called thanking in advance? At least try and use your brain.
2. Because you like to start shit for no reason, as you're continuing to right now by telling people things you made up like how they're apparently "satan spawn" or "scum" for not buying the comics.
@Youphemism you said, "Well if you don't feel it's worth buying then you must not want to really read it in the first place, so why even bother reading it for free?". That's my point. They are cool, but if they were $10 or .10c I wouldn't buy them because I don't think they're long enough. Maybe I would buy them when they're all out for $20 flat, but not .99c a week for a few pages. However, if it is there to read for free of course I would read it because I'm interested. Just not interested enough to buy.

This fact doesn't make me, or anyone else "less supportive" of NRS. I for example, have bought two MK9's, two Injustice, already preordered and paid most of MKX, and paid for every DLC character in MK9 and Injustice released except Lobo. Being that this is TYM, I'm sure there's others who have done similar. Not buying a comic and reading a shared comic doesn't Impact support at all imo. Not on a site like this where 99.9% are full blown behind NRS.
Well you need to think about the effort that goes into them, it's 10 cents per page which is absolutely fine in my opinion. Considering the amount of effort that goes into making a page itself I'd say it's worth 10 cents a page. If it were free from the places it originally comes from then fine but it's not. Say you were a writer for the comics, you wouldn't want people sharing your work for free if you were charging for them. It's a job for them, it's how they make money. People sharing all the comics and reading all the comics for free from somewhere else doesn't help the people who create the content.

If you want to read them which you clearly do then why not just buy them? Is it truly a detriment to show your support by paying 99 cents a comic? You were interested enough in the other games to buy the DLC and you seem to be as interested in the MKX comics which cost less than DLC so why not just buy them?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Say you were a writer for the comics, you wouldn't want people sharing your work for free if you were charging for them. It's a job for them, it's how they make money. People sharing all the comics and reading all the comics for free from somewhere else doesn't help the people who create the content.
A lot of implications going on right here. Unless any of the writers or artists have said any of these things, you can't really use this in your argument.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
*AHEEEMEMEMCOUGHCOUGHAEIFOFSOHI*

I totally just saw Youph delete some of that guy's posts from his status, though. They were there, dude viewed his profile, a minute later they were gone. Shenanigans confirmed?

How am I supposed to delete his posts?
A lot of implications going on right here. Unless any of the writers or artists have said any of these things, you can't really use this in your argument.
So you assume they all just work for free?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
1. Have you never seen something called thanking in advance? At least try and use your brain.
2. Because you like to start shit for no reason, as you're continuing to right now by telling people things you made up like how they're apparently "satan spawn" or "scum" for not buying the comics.
^Play for maximum effect

1. He seems to say something else aside from thanking in advance, but we both know that's not what went on. "Thats a good idea, if you find the channel you should link it to me." he said... I wonder what, or whom, he could be referring to on that one. If you deleted one post (the obvious one missing where he compliments your good idea) then your stance is already compromised.

2. I call people satan spawn and scum purely in jest, but I don't start things for no reason. You demanded proof and purposely tried to strawman in order to deflect from what was obviously the point of interest. I gave you that proof, and your feeble arguments of "oh theres two posts there" and "maybe he thanked me in advance" are both really weak pulls away from the main point of it all...

Upon your topic, upon that date, someone mentioned a channel with no real reason unless you had a post there that mentioned such a thing. He would have no reason to say "If you find that channel, let me know" unless there is a missing post in which someone (you) mentions such a thing. If you deleted one post about it, obviously you have something to hide. The fact that there are potentially two posts missing doesn't help matters when you consider you deleted the first post in the first place.

So I ask you again, who was he talking to? Who posted the channel link he referred to, or mentioned any such channel? Can't be anyone else but you.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well you need to think about the effort that goes into them, it's 10 cents per page which is absolutely fine in my opinion. Considering the amount of effort that goes into making a page itself I'd say it's worth 10 cents a page. If it were free from the places it originally comes from then fine but it's not. Say you were a writer for the comics, you wouldn't want people sharing your work for free if you were charging for them. It's a job for them, it's how they make money. People sharing all the comics and reading all the comics for free from somewhere else doesn't help the people who create the content.

If you want to read them which you clearly do then why not just buy them? Is it truly a detriment to show your support by paying 99 cents a comic? You were interested enough in the games to buy the DLC and you seem to be as interested in the comics which cost less than DLC so why not just buy them?
I see the point you're trying to make, but everyone doesn't follow that line of logic. To me 10 pages is too short for me to buy it, regardless of the quality of content. For example, I wouldn't buy a demo of MKX for $5, but I would pay $80 if I could get the game two days early. I know I'm going to read the book once for less than 5 minutes and never pick it up again, where MKX I know I'll be playing for years and most likely buy a 2nd copy for my other system.

It's not the price or the quality of the comic, it's the longetivity that makes me not buy it. Now in the future if they came out with a "volume pack all issues" something I would definitely buy it, since I've only read a few and followed what you guys discuss. Even if I had somehow read them all here I'd like to read them in succession in one sitting. But I just can't pay any amount of money for a few minutes of flipping pages and then it's over.

On the flip side, what about people who would see the comic and say "oh wow that's cool! Only a dollar?? I'm gonna buy them right now!" What if I told someone, "oh you were talking about how great Capcom is, don't even think about playing or looking at my MKX!" That blocking of exposure makes someone who didn't know what the game had to offer, now 100% never buy it. Not because the game wasn't great, but because I told them don't even think about playing if they weren't gonna support NRS and buy the game. I'm using this as an example because one of my friends bought MK9 back in 2011 after playing it at my house thinking "Mortal Kombat isn't a real fighting game" prior to playing. Had I used your approach, that would have been one less sale for NRS and less support than 60 comics. Know what I'm sayin?

Like I said, I hear ya. But I don't think it does nearly as much damage as you think it does. And there are those people that are convinced after they experience.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
So you assume they all just work for free?
I'll do a quick breakdown. Need a little bit of procrastination.

Say you were a writer for the comics, you wouldn't want people sharing your work for free if you were charging for them. It's a job for them, it's how they make money. People sharing all the comics and reading all the comics for free from somewhere else doesn't help the people who create the content.
1. The writer of a comic doesn't put the price tag for it.
2. Many artists, writers, game developers, etc. don't really care how you experience their product. Many simply want you to experience them. You can't lump them all in with those who want you to pay.
3. People sharing content can in fact help the people who created the content. It can spread their work around and build up their reputation. I know this first hand.

There are not a lot of implications, but there are enough.

If you want to read them which you clearly do then why not just buy them? Is it truly a detriment to show your support by paying 99 cents a comic? You were interested enough in the other games to buy the DLC and you seem to be as interested in the MKX comics which cost less than DLC so why not just buy them?
So is it only wrong because he showed them online? The reason I'm asking is because my cousin buys the comics then lets me borrow to read them. Does it make us both unsupportive towards NRS?

I mean does his willingness to share those comics for free with me cancel out the fact we have each bought at least 1 copy of every MK game ever released? Together we've bought 7 copies of MK9 and 5 copies of Injustice ,but I don't buy any comics and he shares them with me. We've also each preordered MKX from gamestop (the 100$ editions paid in full). I ask because I'm curious to what your stance is on my situation. I ask again are we unsupportive to NRS in your eyes?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So is it only wrong because he showed them online? The reason I'm asking is because my cousin buys the comics then lets me borrow to read them. Does it make us both unsupportive towards NRS?

I mean does his willingness to share those comics for free with me cancel out the fact we have each bought at least 1 copy of every MK game ever released? Together we've bought 7 copies of MK9 and 5 copies of Injustice ,but I don't buy any comics and he shares them with me. We've also each preordered MKX from gamestop (the 100$ editions paid in full). I ask because I'm curious to what your stance is on my situation. I ask again are we unsupportive to NRS in your eyes?