What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
WHICH REMINDS ME

What do you guys think "The Curse of the Kamidogu" is?!

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Eh? How could Shujinko be an old man by DA if he starts off as a boy in Deception and Deception happened after Deadly Alliance?

And how do you know that the comic is 5 years after MKDA? I'd say it's definitely before Deception since it's before Shujinko destroyed the Kamidogu but Kano has this new knife so I don't know any more!?
Shujinko was active long before MK1. He wanted to compete in the tournament as well.

Overlapping the New and old timelines. MkDA was 10 years aftet MK1. The comic takes place 15 years after MK9 in the 25 year gap.

trufenix

bye felicia
Good find, that interview says 15 years right there and we know that the major events detailed in MKX are going to be at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 year intervals. The "Years ago" in the comic places todays issue in either the 5 or 10 year span. Based on ages, I'm guessing Netherrealm war is the 5, with the peace and lead up going until 10 when the shit starts unraveling.

Kinda sad to read its going to die after the game though.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Eh? How could Shujinko be an old man by DA if he starts off as a boy in Deception and Deception happened after Deadly Alliance?

And how do you know that the comic is 5 years after MKDA? I'd say it's definitely before Deception since it's before Shujinko destroyed the Kamidogu but Kano has this new knife so I don't know any more!?
Deception's Konquest mode intro where Jinko was a boy happened in like 40 years before MK1. Jinko was about 40 or 50 when he was about to fight in the MK1 tourney.

And it is true that Jinko destroyed the Kamidogu at the end of Deception's story, but at the same time both MKDA's story, and Deception's story, took place over the course of some weeks...maybe even months. Though the games make the story look as if everything happened at the same time, lost of stuff was pretty spread out.

Youphemism

Shujinko was active long before MK1. He wanted to compete in the tournament as well.

Overlapping the New and old timelines. MkDA was 10 years aftet MK1. The comic takes place 15 years after MK9 in the 25 year gap.
Eh? Where are you getting this from?

How do you know DA was 10 years after MK1 though?

Onilordasmodeus

Good find, that interview says 15 years right there and we know that the major events detailed in MKX are going to be at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 year intervals. The "Years ago" in the comic places todays issue in either the 5 or 10 year span. Based on ages, I'm guessing Netherrealm war is the 5, with the peace and lead up going until 10 when the shit starts unraveling.

Kinda sad to read its going to die after the game though.
Where did it say the comic was going to end when the game came out?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
The game comes after MKDA and as far as the main fighting game; it takes place afterwards as well.

But the Shujinko's story in Konquest takes place well before MK1 when he's a child. You see him age from adolescence, to middle-age, to old wise man in four or five different periods of time. So it starts before MK1 and ends in (at the time) current times.

Crazy how similar MKD and MKX seem to be.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The game comes after MKDA and as far as the main fighting game; it takes place afterwards as well.

But the Shujinko's story in Konquest takes place well before MK1 when he's a child. You see him age from adolescence, to middle-age, to old wise man in four or five different periods of time. So it starts before MK1 and ends in (at the time) current times.

Crazy how similar MKD and MKX seem to be.
I was thinking the same thing. Lots of similarities. I'm curious now with MKDA and MKD being re written if this is actually a re-written version of the MKDA -MKD-MKA story. They did mention BLAZE in the comic toward the end.

trufenix

bye felicia
Where did it say the comic was going to end when the game came out?
The article you posted said:
To keep people interesting and to keep people excited, we're introducing a ton of characters: some of them you're going to see in the game, some of them you won't, and it's gonna be a slow burn [laughs]. As more characters are revealed, as the game launches, the book is going to run for a few months before the game comes out.

Onilordasmodeus

@trufenix

Yeah. The comic is going to run for a few months before the game comes out...and continue to run after it. Think Injustice. The Injustice comic is on year 3 at the moment, and it will continue to go indefinitely until people are no longer interested.

Onilordasmodeus

@Youphemism yeah, it wasn't MKDA's Konquest mode, @KombatNerd is right, it was in Sonya's MKDA bio...

"Sonya was instructed to accompany Jax to an island in the Lost Sea where the Thunder God Raiden would meet them. The island had once been the location of her first Mortal Kombat tournament a decade ago. Now it was an abandoned reminder of the struggle between Earthrealm and the forces of evil."

http://www.mksecrets.net/mkda/eng/mkda-bios.php#Sonya

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I disagree with people bashing the first issue, the pacing's fine, the gore as Shawn said isn't just "there" because of MK, it's justified due to the plot. Haters need to stop hating or just stop reading now. The comic will last a while, no doubt about it and love the artwork and writing.

I just wonder who this Sub-Zero is, because he didn't have the scar in MK 9(neither Sub-Zero had any) Kuai Liang didn't in the new timeline. This is still throwing me for a loop, I know it's gotta be a relative the Zero's. On the other hand, Bi-Han worked for Quan-Chi well got the amulet more or less for him but who knows maybe Quan-Chi resurrected Kuai Liang to normal form, then at some point he was released by his control? Then got his original canon scar? Maybe that IS him in the MKX timeline but older and maybe the medallion healed his scar? Just some possibilities throwing out there.

Good to see some things haven't changed like Kenshi working with the Special Forces(he was an ally to them originally btw) Deadly Alliance and Deception he was helping them and working with Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) in Outworld or I should say OIA group. They just kind of write him as a spy/undercover currently. Either way he's still a good guy.

Hsu Hao lol, I knew he was going to die but the way he died was fucking epic! Another nice feat for Scorpion. Scorpion at least so far in this book seems to be similar to The Spectre in DC comics, with him battling Scorpion side of himself while retaining Hanzo's humanity. Very cool concept.

On the contrary I think this series will last a while ;)

10/10 great first issue, look forward to more!!

trufenix

bye felicia
With Shang Tsung dead MKDA can't happen which was half the reason most of the characters went to Outworld, which means MKDe can't happen.

Shujinko can round up all the Kamidogu for Damashi, but Onaga will never be reborn to reclaim them and his army will never be revived. Hell, without Scorpion's constant ass whooping, Quan Chi will never even find the army or the runestone.

Onilordasmodeus

With Shang Tsung dead MKDA can't happen which was half the reason most of the characters went to Outworld, which means MKDe can't happen.

Shujinko can round up all the Kamidogu for Damashi, but Onaga will never be reborn to reclaim them and his army will never be revived. Hell, without Scorpion's constant ass whooping, Quan Chi will never even find the army or the runestone.
All true, but life finds a way. lol!

To add, Blaze should never be awoken either, thus Armageddon should be averted as well.

trufenix

bye felicia
@trufenix

Yeah. The comic is going to run for a few months before the game comes out...and continue to run after it. Think Injustice. The Injustice comic is on year 3 at the moment, and it will continue to go indefinitely until people are no longer interested.
Don't get me wrong, I want you to be right, I just don't feel like this has the legs to go as long as Injustice does. Injustice the game made no effort to fill in the 5 year gap and the DC universe has a nigh infinite amount of room for stories in there. MKX is going to tell stories during the 25 year gap, and the MKU only has about 60 people to spare, 30 or so of whom have to make it to MKX intact without their faces punched off.

It would be pretty baller if the comic kept going AFTER the game, since I suspect it will be a while before NRS goes back to canon MK games after this.

Youphemism

@Youphemism yeah, it wasn't MKDA's Konquest mode, @KombatNerd is right, it was in Sonya's MKDA bio...

"Sonya was instructed to accompany Jax to an island in the Lost Sea where the Thunder God Raiden would meet them. The island had once been the location of her first Mortal Kombat tournament a decade ago. Now it was an abandoned reminder of the struggle between Earthrealm and the forces of evil."

http://www.mksecrets.net/mkda/eng/mkda-bios.php#Sonya
I see...

So the comics take place 5 years after Deadly Alliance? Which was what in relation to Deception?